44. Warning

Olivia Baker

"Hmmm...what am I going to get" Olivia thought to herself as she glanced at the large menu. She was at Simply Wholesome, waiting for Kayla to meet her there. She wanted to discuss with Kayla regarding her issue with Spencer, in an effort to stop her from accusing him of something he did not do.

"Excuse me" a young man called from behind, causing Olivia to turn towards him. "You know what's on the menu?" he inquired and Olivia furrowed her eyebrows.

"It's-"

"Oh wait! It looks like me n' u" the guy smirked and Olivia rolled her eyes.

"Aye young blood! You barkin' up the wrong tree" the cashier informed him. "That's thunder cat's wife" he referred to Spencer.

"Oh shit, my fault" the guy stepped back. "Good lookin' out homie!" he pointed to the cashier.

"Come on up, Liv" the cashier told her and Olivia walked up to the counter. 

"Thank you for stepping in" Olivia sighed as she reached for her wallet. 

"You good over here. Spencer would get in my ass if he finds out I aint look after his girl...pause" the cashier chuckled. "What chu gon' get today?" he inquired.

"I'll have the Caribbean Enchiladas and an order of the jerk chicken patties" Olivia replied.

"For here or to go?" he inquired as he punched in her order.

"For here" Olivia answered.

"Aight bet. Your total is $15.14" he said and Olivia handed him her card. "Here's ya receipt. I'll call you up when your order is ready" he told her and she thanked him.

Olivia found an empty table to sit at. She decided she would scroll through social media as she waited for her food to be ready and for Kayla to arrive. She paused from scrolling when she found that Spencer recently posted a photo of himself on Instagram. She liked the post and left a comment, smiling as she knew Spencer would get on her about it later.

"Here ya go sis" the cashier placed Olivia's food on the table and she thanked him. "Of course, enjoy!" he chunked up the deuces and went back to the counter.

"Olivia" Kayla announced as she approached the table. She sat across from Olivia, placing her purse on the side of her. 

It took all of Olivia to not fly across the table and put hands on Kayla. She knew it would not be a good idea, especially since her goal was to convince Kayla to not go through with her plans.

"Thank you for meeting with-"

"Is there a reason why I'm here, Olivia?" Kayla cut her off. Olivia tilted her head to the side as she stared at the woman in front of her.

"You know exactly why I called" Olivia began. "Look...I'm not here to start an argument with you or nothing of that nature. Even though, I have every right to for what you did to my husband" she stated.

"I'm not sure what Spencer told you, but I did nothing wrong" Kayla told her. "I was simply doing my job" she shrugged.

"Touching him inappropriately and then threatening him is doing your job?" Olivia questioned.

"Is that what he said happened?" Kayla inquired.

"The footage did" Olivia stated matter of factly.

"Footage?" Kayla's eyes widened.

"Yeah...footage" Olivia confirmed, nodding her head. "So if you still want to go down this road, you should know what you're up against. Your word versus the actual tape..." she observed Kayla's facial expression.