33. Heated

Olivia Baker

"And that's why your brother is upset with me right now" Simone explained as she and Olivia sat together in the living room. "But...maybe he is right. Maybe I'm not making the right decision about the baby" she stated and Olivia frowned.

"Forget about Jordan for a second" Olivia began. "If you know that you are not in the position to have and raise a child right now...then that's just what it is, Simone. And that is okay. If you're worried about judgement from others...there's nothing to worry about because you have everyone's support on this. Regardless on what you end up choosing" she continued.

"I know I am set on going through with the procedure...but apart of me wonders if this is something that was meant to happen for Jordan and I. Perhaps this would help us get back on track with our relationship" Simone said and Olivia frowned even more. "I already know what you're thinking...a baby won't fix the problem we are having" she stated.

"Because it's true. It's not going to fix a damn thing" Olivia began. "After everything's that happened, do you see yourself having a future with Jordan?" she inquired.

"I don't even know what our future is anymore..." Simone replied. "I mean he had an...emotional affair with some random broad. Instead of being honest about it he decides to call off our engagement by saying he wasn't ready for marriage. What kind of shit is that?!" she continued.

"Spencer and I got on Jordan's ass about that. He was foul as hell" Olivia chimed in.

"A part of me feels as if I never told him about the pregnancy, he and I would not be talking right now" Simone sighed in frustration. "His sense in urgency with trying to "win" me back has heightened since I told him about it" she told her.

"You still love him?" Olivia inquired as she sipped her coffee.

"Of course Liv..."Simone gave a half smile. "That kind of love doesn't just fade...I mean we've been together for so long" she said and Olivia nodded her head.

"Would you get back together with him?" Olivia asked, wanting to know Simone's thoughts.

"As of right now I'd say no. Everything that's happened is still fresh. I just cannot look at him the same without thinking of...that other girl" Simone stated.

"Which is why bringing a child into this would not be a good thing" Olivia told her and Simone then agreed with her. "So it looks as if you've made your decision" she stated.

"What chu ladies in here gossiping about?" Spencer inquired as he entered the living room. He had returned from feeding Halo her milk.

"Uh..." the two friends glanced at each other. "Your friend Darius..." Simone lied so Spencer wouldn't intrude in their conversation.

"It's funny you mentioned him cause he asked me about you the other day" Spencer chuckled as he sat right next to Olivia.

"Wait, asked about me? What did he say?" Simone inquired.

"He just asked if you were single" Spencer picked a grape from Olivia's plate. "I didn't directly say yes but I informed him you were working out some issues with J" he explained, popping the grape in his mouth.

"That doesn't surprise me...he seemed pretty into her after their rough introduction" Olivia laughed and Simone gave a small smile.

"Though that may be true that window is closed" Spencer stated and Simone glanced at him. "I personally think Simone and D would work but at the end of the day, my loyalty is with my brother" he said.

"You and this loyalty shit" Olivia rolled her eyes at him. "Most of the time I'd agree with my lovely husband but not this time. Jordan did Simone wrong, and that's a fact" she explained and Spencer glanced at her.

"So you don't think he should get another chance?" Spencer inquired.

"Jordan lied to her...twice" Olivia began. "And has he shown any signs of real growth? I mean, look at how he's handling their pregnancy situation" she explained.

"I ain't say he wasn't wrong in this at all. I'm just sayin' after time has passed and he's shown growth...why not give it another shot? Hell we could debate about this all day but ultimately it's up to Simone and what she chooses to do" Spencer added. "...by the way what are you choosing to do?" he glanced at Simone.

"...to go home and think about this" Simone stood to her feet. 

"You ain't got much time left to think" Spencer said and Olivia glared at him. "I mean...good luck..." he stated.

"Bye you guys" Simone sighed in frustration as she exited the Baker house.

"I really feel for her...I just hope she's at peace with herself...with whatever direction she chooses" Olivia stated and Spencer agreed.

"Let's pause on this conversation about Simone...how are you doin'?" Spencer inquired as he reached for Olivia's hand. 

"I am okay...I'm still not where I want to be honestly. But today hasn't been completely horrible" Olivia began. "It's been slightly better because it's the weekend and I have you here with me" she told him.

"I wish I could be here at all times" Spencer said and Olivia agreed.

"I know work has started to pick up for you and that's been part of your focus. But...would it be too much of a loss financially if you took some more time off?" she inquired. Spencer took two weeks off after Halo was born to help care for both of his girls. Olivia hoped he'd agree to take additional more time off from working.

"I'm not gon' be able to take two more weeks off baby" Spencer told her truthfully.

"I know things are a lot different now with work...but I need you, Spencer. I need you here with me" Olivia admitted, her throat starting to close up. "And it's not that I don't want to do this alone, I mentally can't. I'm struggling..." she told him.

"I hear you Liv b-"

"But what? There's a but to what I just said?" Olivia interrupted, tilting her head. "Spencer, I just admitted that I am struggling and I need your support now more than ever. I'm unsure if it's registered to you yet but I am with our kids 24/7/ while you're off..."working" or doing God knows what" she snapped and Spencer stared at her in confusion.

"Liv I ain't even say nothin' to warrant that type of response from you" Spencer couldn't help but chuckle in disbelief. "You actually think I go to work to just fuck around or some shit?" he questioned.

"I don't know what you do all day" Olivia shrugged.

"Yeah aight" Spencer scooted away from her, standing up from the couch. "I'ma just leave cause you about to piss me off" he told her.

"Spencer-"

"Liv this ain't an ideal situation for either of us right now. I get it. I'm trying my damn best to be here for you and our kids. I ain't a fan of this work shit either, knowing that you're struggling right now. But the diapers, formula, food, bottles...that shit ain't comin' from thin air. I can't support our family without workin'" Spencer said and Olivia's eyes filled with tears.

"I'm not asking you to not work. All I asked was for more time with you here. I know you won't get paid for two weeks but you're acting as if you can't make the money back babe" Olivia blinked her tears away. "But whatever, just forget I said anything" she shook her head.

"Liv-"

"You just said you were going to leave, right?" Olivia questioned and Spencer furrowed his eyebrows. 

"I am" Spencer left the living room, heading up the stairs.

***

Wheeeeewwww.....man. They say the transition from two to three kids is challenging. Spelivia is still having a bit of trouble adjusting to their new addition. 

What cha think about this lil disagreement? (I just ask that you give our girl Liv some grace during this period).

But can we talk about this situation with Simone and Jordan though? What would you guys do if you were in Simone's position?

Let me know your thoughts.

please excuse any mistakes.