55. Again?

Olivia Baker

*1 month later*

"I want to thank you all for comin' in this morning" Spencer said as he paced back and forth in front of his team. "As you know, the last collection was a huge success. I'd like for us to carry that momentum moving forward. I have nothin' but pure excitement for what's to come next. The vision I have could not have been implemented without creative and talented individuals such as you all" he continued and everyone thanked him.

"I want to formally introduce my wife, Olivia, to the team" Spencer announced and everyone welcomed Olivia. "She's been a great help in terms of developing CAD sketches of any ideas I may pitch at her. But I want you all to know that she's extended herself to you. So if there's anything you need and you are unable to reach me, you go to her. And then Darius, if you cannot reach either of us" he pointed at his friend.

"Speaking of CAD sketches..." Olivia slid out of her seat, approaching the front of the room. She then turned on the projector, showcasing what she'd been working on the past few weeks. "As you all can see, the style's pretty much the same. The only difference are the colors, as they are more warm and neutral" she explained, glancing at the group of people ahead of her.

"It's...cute" a young woman spoke up. "But you don't think the same style is getting...old?" she inquired, glancing at her peers.

"Old?" Spencer questioned with raised eyebrows. 

"Don't listen to Des, her opinion don't matter" Darius chimed in, causing Des to roll her eyes. "I think it's dope...and who cares if the style is similar. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right?" he added.

"I get your point..." Des continued. "But this style can only last for so long before people get bored with it" she continued.

"Are you bored with it?" Olivia questioned with a slight attitude.

"That's not what I'm saying" Des began. "It's just...where's the real creativity?" she inquired, crossing her arms.

"How about you-"

"I'd like to break" Spencer interjected. "You all go on and take your 15's. We'll continue this discussion afterwards" he told his team, glancing at Olivia.

"What?" Olivia watched as he approached her.

"You've got to be more open to cool feedback" Spencer chuckled at his wife. "Not everybody gon' fuck wit' the idea/vision and that is okay" he confirmed.

"I'd just prefer to receive feedback before completing the assignment so I am not wasting my time" Olivia told him.

"Liv, the whole point of this is-"

"Spencer, you're not listening to what I'm saying" she interrupted. "Had I known this was the outcome, I could've made adjustments before we even had this meeting. I'd rather not get grilled about the 'lack of creativity' in front of everyone" she told him.

"You od'n right now. Nobody was grilling you" Spencer shook his head at his wife.

"So you agree with her?" Olivia inquired and Spencer heaved a big sigh.

"You really about to lose it over just what one person has to say?" Spencer asked. 

"No, but I take my work serious and-"

"Don't take the shit personal, Liv. Des ain't the end all be all, she don't speak for everybody. This is a collaborative effort and decision at the end of the day. You've got to relax" Spencer told her.

"Okay" Olivia folded her arms, shaking her head. 

"Everything good over here?" Darius inquired as he approached his peers.