13. In Check

Olivia Baker

*one week later*

"You just let me know what time you're coming to my house to pick me up for dinner" Olivia told Layla over the phone. She was currently sitting in the car, waiting for Spencer to return from his therapy session.

"For sure. I know we have a lot to catch up on" Layla said and Olivia agreed. "But I will let you go now, I know you said Spencer should be out soon" she mentioned.

"Matter of fact, he's just now exiting the building right now. I will talk with you later" Olivia ended their phone call, opening the door. "How'd it go?" she inquired as she stepped out of the car. She watched as he walked with a slight limp towards her.

"It was...intense" Spencer heaved a big sigh. "I don't think I've ever cried this much in my life" he chuckled, snaking his arms around her waist.

"I'm sorry to hear that" Olivia frowned as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "I'm sure it felt good to release all of the emotions you've been holding out though" she said.

"Of course" Spencer gave a half smile. "I feel like it's going to take more than just five sessions to really dive deep into the trauma and pain I've endured over the years" he told her and she nodded her head.

"If you would like to continue after the last session, I one hundred percent support you and your decision" Olivia told him and he thanked her.

"We should get goin'" Spencer pecked her forehead and then glanced at her. "Don't wanna hit traffic on the way to Malibu" he mentioned and she agreed.

"Do you think we have time to stop by the store?" Olivia inquired as he walked towards the driver side of the car. "I was thinking we could cook lunch for your Pops" she suggested as she opened the passenger door.

"Yeah I'm cool wit' it" Spencer said as he entered the car. "Hop on in" he told her and she smiled.

***

"Damn I miss bein' out here" Spencer said as he drove through the streets of Malibu. "Best believe we gon' be back out here...and permanently at that" he pulled up to the Airbnb, placing the car in park.

"If only it were sooner than later" Olivia mumbled as she removed her seatbelt.

"What was that?" Spencer inquired and Olivia glanced at him.

"You've been talking about wanting to move out here for the longest, Spencer. What's your timeline?" she asked out of curiosity. 

"I initially wanted to be out here come summer time...but so much has happened prior to my goal. I wasn't expecting to lose my business partner and friend, we're having another baby, and I damn near died" Spencer replied. "I can't give a definite answer right now...but the goal is to get out of your parents home. Let's revisit this conversation again in the next three months" he told her and she agreed.

"I know you don't want me to work right now but it's something I've been considering" Olivia told him. "Not only would it help out financially but I could get some experience in" she continued.

"You're in school, you look out for our family, and you're currently pregnant. You don't think that would be too much for you?" Spencer genuinely asked. "I don't want you to feel overwhelmed about anything. Don't worry about finances, we're going to be good. Especially since you and Nae have helped me to build a solid team for the clothing store...and by the grace of God they've kept shit afloat with the online store. Hospital bills, medications, hella therapy...all that shit has been covered" he said.

"And though that is great, I really wouldn't mind contributing babe" Olivia told him. "I just think...it would be good for me. Outside of just being a mom and a student...I need this for myself more than anything" she continued.