48. Make Up Your Mind

Spencer James

"Truth be told, shorty, I knew right away when I first met you" Darius' eyes followed Simone's. "I know our introduction wasn't the best, but after you apologized..we was good. And from that day forward, you and I...we just clicked. I know the timin' of this is hella fast, but it's been nothin' but joy bein' in your presence and gettin' to know you these last couple of months. You and I...we just work" he explained and Simone just smiled.

"Like I knew you would" Spencer chimed in. "Get yo girl, dawg!" he said and everyone laughed.

"Simone?" Jordan called out, causing everyone's heads to turn in his direction. "I knew I h-heard voices out herrreee" he chuckled, closing the door behind him.

"Jordan..." Simone's face fell as he walked down the pathway and towards the group. "You're supposed to be inside. You're not sober and-"

"Shhhh" Jordan placed a finger to her lips. "I wa-wanted to see youuuu before you left, silly" he poked her nose.

"Jordan" Olivia approached her brother. "You should really get back inside. We-"

"Shuuuut up for a sec, damn" Jordan laughed as he cut her off.

"Jordan. Don't get-"

"Shut up, Spence. Let me talk t-to my girl" Jordan interrupted. "Simone...baby. I w-as an ass to you earlier. Been an ass to you for quite some time since you left me. But uhhh...I'm sorry, very much sorry. Okay?" he reached for her hand.

"Okay, Jordan" Simone removed her hand from his. "We're good. Go back inside and get some rest. Please" she told him.

"Oh. You're not...coming in with me?" Jordan tilted his head and Simone shook her head 'no'. "Come inside, baby. Please" his voice lowered as he reached for her.

"Stop it, Jordan. You're not thinking clearly and I have to go" Simone stepped back from him. "Let's go, D" she glanced at Darius.

"You really leaving?" Jordan asked as he watched Simone walk towards the car. 

"She goin' home" Darius glanced at him. "Get in the car, baby" he opened the door for Simone.

"You don't need to take her home. She's already here" Jordan closed the passenger door. "Simone, what do you even see if this dude?" he questioned her.

"Goodnight, Jordan" Simone turned away from him.

"Have you told him?" Jordan asked causing Simone to furrow her eyebrows. 

"Told him what? What are you talking about?" Simone crossed her arms as she faced him.

"You haven't told him..." Jordan chuckled.

"J!" Spencer called out. "You gotta leave it alone, they just tryna go-"

"Y-ou said you wanted to work it out, a-and try-y to have a family-y again" Jordan reminded and Simone's mouth twisted. "That was a lie?" he inquired.

"Hmm" Simone sighed in frustration. "You missed the part where I said IF things weren't different between us I MIGHT'VE been open to the idea of giving us another shot. But Jordan, things are different now and you have to accept it" she explained.

"Out...side of my wrongdoings, what's different between us Simone?" Jordan questioned and she didn't say anything. Jordan briefly glanced at Darius before speaking again. "...I get it now" he chuckled, shaking his head.

"Jordan-"

"Just...tell me you don't love me anymore. And I'll leave you alone, for good" Jordan watched as tears glossed her eyes.