42. I Wonder

Spencer James

*two weeks later*

"What color is this, Angel?" Spencer pointed at the image. He, along with his two older babies, were sitting on the couch waiting for Olivia and Halo to come downstairs. Spencer decided he would take the day off and schedule a daytime outing with his family.

"Blue" Angel replied, causing Spencer to smile.

"It's ya Pops favorite color" Spencer glanced at his almost three year old daughter.

"Favorite color?" Angel scrunched her face and Spencer couldn't help but laugh. 

"Yeah, daddy likes the color blue" Spencer pecked her forehead. "What's your favorite color, Angel?" he asked, briefly glancing at his son.

"Pink!" she yelled and he immediately shushed her.

"Too loud, pumpkin" Spencer covered his ears. "When you're loud it hurts Daddy's ears" he explained.

"Sorry" Angel pouted and Spencer felt bad.

"You don't have to apologize" Spencer squeezed her hand. "We just have to remember that sometimes, loud noises can hurt our ears. Okay?" he watched as she nodded her head.

Kross suddenly tugged on Spencer's shirt, handing him his empty bowl.

"I'm assuming this means you want more cheerios?" Spencer chuckled as he grabbed the bowl from Kross' hand. He then stood to his feet, walking towards the kitchen to get his son some more cereal.

"Good morning" Jordan entered the kitchen, opening the fridge.

"I thought we was finna have to out an APB out on ya" Spencer joked as Jordan poured himself a glance of orange juice. "We ain't seen or heard from you since Simone's party" he mentioned.

"I've been around...just not here" Jordan said and Spencer furrowed his eyebrows. "Been lookin' to gettin' some professional help" he revealed.

"Like therapy?" Spencer inquired and Jordan nodded.

"I have some issues I feel I need to dive into, I can't do it on my own. I haven't properly dealt with my dad's death...on top of the other issues I've been having recently" Jordan explained.

"Addressing and accepting that you may need help is a good step in the right direction, J. I've been there...and if there's anything Liv and I can do for you, we are here" Spencer affirmed and Jordan nodded.

Before Spencer could continue speaking, he was interrupted by Kross whining. "I'm comin', son!" he grabbed the cereal and hurried out the kitchen. "Damn you can eat, just like yo moms" he chuckled as he handed Kross his bowl.

"What was that?" Olivia inquired as she entered the living room with Halo in her arms.

"I just was tellin' Kross how much I love you" Spencer said and Olivia playfully rolled her eyes. "You two ready?" he asked and Olivia nodded her head. The young couple gathered their three children and headed outside of the Baker home.

"I hope the kids enjoy the farm today" Olivia mentioned as she buckled her seatbelt. 

"Kross might be a little scared but Angel's gonna love it" Spencer smiled and Olivia agreed. "We gon' have a good time, for sure" he affirmed.

"I can't believe Angel's going to be starting preschool soon. How are you feeling about that?" Olivia asked as she glanced out of the window.

"It's a bittersweet feelin', Liv. I know she will for sure benefit from starting preschool. I just hate C ain't here to see her grow" Spencer explained.