57. That's On You

Spencer James

*One week later*

"Now that Olivia's made the necessary adjustments, I have a clear vision on what it is you're trying to market" Des watched as Spencer sat in his seat. "If anything, I'd just need the exact sizes of apparel so that we are able to get started on the patterning" she elaborated.

"I had her jot down the sizes for me. I will send those over to you right now" Spencer replied, typing away on his laptop. 

"Is there a deadline you'd like for this to be completed by?" Des inquired, grabbing her pen and notebook.

"Two weeks from today" Spencer told her. "Is that feasible for you?" he questioned.

"It's perfect" Des smiled as she wrote in her notebook. 

"Aight cool" Spencer nodded.

"Is there anything else you need from me?" Des asked as she closed her notebook, collecting her personal belongings.

"I already told you if I needed more from you, I'd let you know" Spencer chuckled. "You have a great weekend, Des" he said and she smiled.

"Thank you, Spencer. Enjoy your weekend!" Des waved goodbye as she stepped out of Spencer's office.

"Aye" Darius knocked, standing in the doorway of Spencer's office. "You mind if I come in for a bit?" he inquired.

"Shit you already done let ya self in" Spencer chuckled, closing his laptop. "What up, D?" he stood to his feet, gathering his belongings.

"I just...want to apologize if I've made things difficult between you and ya family" Darius began and Spencer furrowed his eyebrows. "Comin' in and causin' issues wit' this whole Simone shit" he added.

"There ain't been much problem lately" Spencer confirmed. "We all still cool. It's just whatever shit you and Si got goin' on...y'all gotta figure it out" he stated.

"Oh it's been figured out..." Darius nodded. "I'ma end things wit' her" he said and Spencer's face dropped.

"What?" Spencer chucked in disbelief. "I thought y'all was locked in" he mentioned, staring at Darius in confusion.

"Shit me too" Darius smiled weakly. "I mean she tellin' me one thing...but I feel her heart is somewhere else. And it ain't wit' me" he explained.

"Have you tried to have this conversation wit' her?" Spencer inquired.

"I just...there's not much talkin' we can do anymore. There's nothin' she can say to me that would make me feel different about this shit" Darius elaborated.

"Damn, man. I know you wanted it to work out between y'all. I know how much you care about Si" Spencer's face filled with sorrow.

"I care about her a lot, actually" Darius began. "This ain't what I want to do, but perhaps this is the best option for her. Maybe she'll see shit a bit more clear if I ain't in the way" he explained.

"That shit is tough" Spencer sighed. "I'm sorry about this" he shook his head.

"Aye you ain't gotta apologize. It ain't the end of the world for me" Darius told him. "After shit went down the first time, none of this phase me no more" he chuckled.

"So...I take it y'all not comin' out to dinner tonight?" Spencer inquired. "If not, I gotta let Liv know so she can cancel the reservations" he pulled his phone from out of his pocket.

"I'm sure Simone will be there" Darius told him. "You have a good weekend" he chucked up the deuces, walking out of the office.

***