50. Celebration

Spencer James

*2 months later*

"I can't believe the day is finally here" Olivia smiled as she entered the kitchen with Halo in her arms. "Mommy's graduating today" she poked her daughter's cheek.

"Finally" Jordan snorted and Olivia glanced at her brother. "What? It's been a long time coming" he shrugged his shoulders.

"It don't matter how long it took, at least she finished. Not everybody can say that" Spencer defended. "Hell, I never gave school a shot. And you just completely abandoned it so there's really no room for anyone to talk" he mentioned.

"I didn't abandon sc-actually I'm just going to shut up" Jordan placed his plate in the kitchen sink.

"Good idea" Spencer chuckled, shaking his head at his brother-in-law. "You excited though, Liv? You know we gon' go all out for you today" he told her.

"I am excited...a huge weight has finally been lifted from my shoulders" Olivia sipped her coffee. "I can't wait to fully step into the real world now. I'm ready to see where this path will take me" she smiled.

"I could definitely use your talent" Spencer reached for Halo. "How would you feel about working with me?" he inquired as he gently rocked their daughter in his arms.

"I wouldn't mind assisting you on a few things every now and then...but working with you full time sounds like a recipe for disaster" Olivia laughed.

"You think so? I thought it'd be dope" Spencer told her.

"I mean, it's not a bad idea, babe. I just think it's best we stay in our own lanes in terms of our careers. I love you dearly but it's best we're not around each other in that environment 247" Olivia explained and he just listened. "Our relationship's been on the right track for some time now, and we don't need any issues arising because we couldn't agree on the color ways of a design" she joked.

"I hear you" Spencer cracked a smile. "I just thought it would've been dope to run this shit together...a family business type shit" he explained.

"Maybe my mind will change in the future" Olivia took a bite of her toast. 

"Well, I'ma head upstairs and get the babies ready. I know we gotta be at the school soon" Spencer pecked her forehead. "I'm proud of you, baby. For real" he watched as her eyes lit up with joy.

"Thank you" Olivia used her free hand to grab his face. "I love you" she pecked his lips.

"I love yo fine ass too" he bit the bottom of his lip as his eyes followed hers. 

"...you can go upstairs...please" Olivia's face turned red as she avoided his eye contact.

"Liv-"

"Baby, go take Halo upstairs, please" Olivia couldn't hide the smile on her face. Spencer laughed to himself as he left the kitchen with Halo in his arms.

***

"You not holdin' the phone right, foo!" Spencer scolded Jordan as he reached for his phone. "I ask for the most simple task and you still strugglin'. You wanna hold Halo instead?" he questioned and Jordan just sighed.

"I'm good with holding the phone. Quit nagging me" Jordan told his brother-in-law and Spencer furrowed his eyebrows.

"Look, I just know how Olivia is about-"

"You're forgetting that she's my sister?" Jordan inquired. "I've known her my whole life. She'll be perfectly okay with the video being in this direction" he clarified.