30. Perfect Day

Spencer James

*two weeks later*

"Is there anything else you need for us to get while we're out?" Spencer asked Laura as he and Olivia stood next to her in the kitchen. It's been two weeks since the incident occurred and everyone's nerves were just now settling. Well everyone except for Spencer.

He hadn't got much rest since returning back to the Baker house. Not because he was afraid but solely because the perpetrator was still out on the loose. He wasn't sure how long he could continue to put what happened past him. He knew logically the best option would be to not take matter in his own hands because it was not worth the risk. But when someone attacks his family, all logic is thrown out of the window.

"Hmm..." Mrs. Baker glanced at her finalized list. "I believe I have everything on here for today's festive. I don't recall adding meatballs to the list though" she glanced at the couple in confusion.

"That was me..." Olivia raised her hand and Laura glanced at her. "Mom you know meatballs are a staple at baby showers" she mentioned and Spencer nodded his head.

"She ain't wrong Mrs. Baker" Spencer chimed in. "But we actually don't need to get them anymore. Nae said she got em covered" he said and Olivia smiled. 

"Okay then...you two go on and get to the grocery store please" Laura rushed. "I have a lot to get together this morning...please just try to be back before noon" she mentioned and the couple nodded their heads.

"Let's go" Spencer reached for Olivia's hand and the couple exited the home. "You excited for today?" he inquired after he assisted her in the car.

"Am I?" Olivia replied with pure excitement on her face. "The baby shower is today...we get to be around our family and close loved ones...preparing for the arrival of our daughter. I am more than excited babe" she said and Spencer smiled.

"Me too" Spencer placed a hand on her thigh as he drove down the road. "You know I love nothin' more than creatin' memories with chu and our family" he told her and now it was Olivia's turn to smile.

"Our family..." Olivia blushed. "Sometimes it still doesn't feel real to me" she stated.

"What doesn't feel real?" he inquired, glancing at her.

"You and I being married and having our family" Olivia replied and Spencer agreed. "I never envisioned myself in this position...but I'm more than happy with how life turned out for myself and for us" she continued.

"Shit me too" Spencer chuckled. "Despite the odds  we've encountered, I'd do it all again if it meant spending my life with you and our kids" he said and Olivia smiled.

"I feel the same way" she affirmed, leaning towards him to peck his cheek. "I love you" she told him.

"I love me too" Spencer joked causing her to laugh. "Nah but for real I love you too" he bit his lip as he glanced at her.  

"Babe" Olivia instantly turned her head from him as she felt her cheeks get warm. "I need you to not look at me like that" she cheesed.

"Liv-"

"The light is green. You can go now" Olivia pointed at the green light and Spencer just laughed at her.

***

"I know we gotta get back to the crib, but is it okay if we make one more stop?" Spencer inquired as he drove through the streets of South LA. 

"I guess we can" Olivia sighed. Truth be told, she was tired from all of the physical activity. The pregnancy was slowing her down, she couldn't wait for their daughter to arrive.