26. Actions Is Everything

Spencer James

*3 days later*

"Blue rag S hat,  gold on my neck fat. Gun case, catch that! It's Neighborhood, I rep that!" Spencer rapped along to the music in his headphones, chunking up his set. As he continued to vibe to the music, he couldn't help but think back to when the song came out.

He'd be out late with his homies, getting turnt up at the house parties. Spencer missed those moments, it was the only time he experienced being a teenager because of the destructive path he went down.

He smiled to himself as he thought about how fast time was moving. He never imagined being a husband nor father of three children at such a young age. Hell, he never imagined making it past 18 but by the grace of God, he's still standing 6 years later.

"Spence..." Jordan peeked his head in the room. "You got a minute?" he inquired, watching as he pulled his headphones out from his ears.

"I got time...what up" Spencer placed his phone aside. He was genuinely grateful Jordan wanted to speak with him. Spencer spent most of the morning cleaning out Kross' room in preparation for Halo. He saw it as the perfect opportunity to extend his break for a few more minutes.

"...you remember when Simone left Kross' Party early?" Jordan inquired, hoping to jog Spencer's memory.

"I do. What'd you do to piss her off?" Spencer chuckled. His face suddenly dropped when he realized Jordan wasn't laughing.

"She um..." Jordan paused for a brief second. "Simone is pregnant" he revealed.

"What?!" Spencer's eyebrows raised in shock. "This shit is crazy!" he couldn't process what Jordan just told him.

"But before you start celebrating, Simone doesn't want to keep it" Jordan shared, glancing at his feet.

"Damn, I'm sorry to hear that" Spencer placed a hand on Jordan's shoulder. "How are you...processing all of this?" he inquired.

"I don't know..."Jordan shrugged his shoulders. "I mean I feel some type of way but ultimately it is her choice. She brought up a good point though...she doesn't want to bring a baby into this world when we're not together anymore" he explained.

"Well you assured her that the both of you would work it out, right?" Spencer added but Jordan didn't say anything. "You so..." he sucked his teeth in disappointment.

"I didn't want to assure her we would work it out and then that not be the case" Jordan explained and Spencer just shook his head.

"Nigga do you want to work it out with her?!" Spencer questioned, annoyed with him.

"I don't know what I want!" Jordan shrugged once more.

"...don't tell me you stuck on that Londyn chick?" Spencer's brows drew together. "You trippin', on hood" he shook his head as he reached for his phone and car keys.

"So that's it? You're just going to leave?" Jordan asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Nigga you comin' wit' me" Spencer exited the bedroom, hoping Jordan would follow after him.

***

"Aye what up, son!" Mr. A greeted Spencer as he opened the front door. "Oh...and Jordan! What brings the both of you by?" he inquired as he allowed them space to enter his home.

"I bought you a green juice" Spencer replied as he handed his father the drink. "But most importantly...this nigga right here on some dumb shit. I figured you could speak some sense into him" he pointed at Jordan.