16•"I'll never let you fail kitten"

Hello

"Good morning Mr

"Good morning Mr. MacManus. I am Iris Wilson."

I said and he frown looking at me. I heard a cough from Papa. Before I can say anything I turned my face to the side where Xavier was sitting. His jaw was clenched while his fist was tight.

I gulped seeing him. But before I can say anything again I saw him turning toward me. His hand where the vein was popping put were on my hand. His watch which was now tight on his wrist touched my warm hand. He then turned toward me and said in a whisper which was enough to make me go red.

He said-

"It's Iris Xavier knight, Kitten"

His voice was deeper than usual which made me look down. My name attached to his sounded so foreign to me.

I could barely node my head at his statement. His eyes were still on me but I looked up only to see papa and Mr. MacManus looking at us with a small smile.

I blushed red knowing they saw our little exchange. I cleared my throat and said in a whisper -

"I-I am sorry. It's Iris Xavier knight"

All the men in the room were looking at me. The one who is my husband leaned back on the sofa back to his position while Papa looked away with a smile. Mr. MacManus smiled too.

"I guessed that already Mrs. Knight."

That was too much. Mrs. Knight the mare acknowledgment of it made me squirm on my seat. My heart pounded in my chest while I bit on my lips.

"So Mrs. Knight I am here to read your father's Will. He demanded to read this will to you after you turn 21."

I nodded and asked.

Will?

"As you know your father owned a private limited company named as 'Wilson Corporation' which was till now under the guardianship of the Knights."

He started but I already knew that much. So I stayed clam.

"Now that you are 21 year old. Your late father and all the shareholders are expecting you to take over. For that off course you'll need to earn all the trust. Now that the company isn't under the guardianship of knight's your rivals will try to take over."