22•"I need to talk to her.."

"Iris is there anything wrong?"

I heard his voice and I looked up at him. I looked at his face and saw concern for me. His brow furrowed making me believe he was being genuine. I decided to try my luck and stop my brain from running on its own.

May be whatever that lady said will be lie.

Taking a deep breath I turned toward him. Blinking rapidly I gained the courage and then looking directly in his eyes I asked-

"Xavier, who is Athena?"

As soon as those words left my mouth he went stiff. Like I said something I shouldn't have.

He stayed silent for a complete minute making my heart beat fasten. I felt myself getting anticipated of his reaction.

And then he slowly turned toward me, giving me a glance as he signed. Looking directly in my eyes he asked

"How do you know her?"

I wanted to roll my eyes at his cross questioning but I stayed still. I know better. I took a deep breath before answering. I thought for a minute that whether I should break the news that her mother literally called me a third person in there relationship. That she told me about there love interest and I am the reason that they aren't together?

But I decided to stay silent about today's incident. This isn't the time to say. She might be right and may be after knowing that I know his secret he may start acting differently. I am liking the change in him. I-I don't want to lose it. Beside she might me a Lier.

"I just heard her name soo much today. Many told me you both are good friend."

I answered. I was cautioned sa with my choice of words. I wanted to see his reaction. I don't know why but I wanted to see his reaction at the mention of her name.

To my relief, surprisingly there wasn't anything that made me feel different. Hearing me he nodded at my direction. He turned forward but I kept staring at him demanding an answer. He then turned toward me and holded my hand in his.