38•"Fuck you against the wall?"

First vote and then read.

The first page I opened was the dedication page, and I read it

The first page I opened was the dedication page, and I read it. That was the exact moment I knew I was holding something not so holy.

It read, "To all those wives who are yet to discover the grey side of marital bliss."

As soon as I read that, a gasp escaped my mouth, and at that exact moment, the door opened. There stood my husband with a disheveled look, but it wasn't the time to admire him. I needed to hide this book. I quickly turned around, but only to be stopped after hearing his voice.

"What are you hiding, Kitten?"

I froze in my spot, my grip on the book tightened, and I closed my eyes tightly. My heartbeat quickened, and gulping, I prepared myself to face the embarrassment. I felt his presence near me, and just as he was about to turn me, our room's door burst open and Xavier looked back.

"Uncle Xavierrrr!" we heard Evan's voice. The hand that I felt on my shoulder was no longer there, and I opened my eyes and looked back, only to see Evan jumping on Xavier to catch him.

Taking this opportunity, I quickly hid the book under the bed and turned towards them with a big smile, using holding my shirt button as an excuse.

It's not like I want to hide this from him or lie about it. I'm just not comfortable yet. Come on! I've never read something the book promises to have, and I don't know what's inside the book actually. He might judge me or think worse of me.

"I'll take your clothes out," I said and turned towards him, who was smiling and showing his dimples. Hearing me, he looked at me and nodded. He seemed distracted.

Taking his clothes out, I walked towards him while sighing in relief. As I walked down, I heard Maa laughing loudly at something Isi said. With a huge smile, I walked to them, totally forgetting about the book.

I can forget about it now... right?
.
.
.

"Do you want something?" I asked him when I once again caught him looking at me with a smirk. Hearing me, he pushed his body back in the chair and shook his head, murmuring, "Nothing." But that "Nothing" sounded nowhere near nothing. I gulped and stood up. It's only 1 in the afternoon, and I feel like the day isn't ending. I've almost completed the files he gave me.

One thing that has changed in these two months and few days is that I've realized that business isn't as boring as I thought. But I can't say I love business because I don't. But if you ask me if I like it now, my answer will be yes. Now I've started engaging myself more and being productive. Sometimes it makes me feel proud of myself whenever I do something right and he appreciates it. It is somehow boosting my confidence, and I am liking it.

Business isn't a bed of roses, but if you are smart and quick, business won't be a path filled with thorns. I realized that. Getting up, I straightened my clothes and looked at him, only to see him again looking at me with his chin now propped on his palm. Doesn't he have work today?