Chapter 25

[Y/ns Pov]

Today was the first day of the second semester. I could hear distinct chattering and giggles in the closet. "Oh- sorry Y/n! I was doing Chelsys hair this morning! I thought she'd look great with some pretty braids! Doesnt she have beautiful hair?!" Astoria was sitting on the floor infront of a mirror with her 1st year infront of her. God she would be such a great mother. "Its okay." I smiled.

I quickly rushed out. Its Amelias 1st second semester, Id feel pretty awful if i didn't give her a bit of a pep talk from someone whose a bit experienced.

Just as i got outside of the dormitory area, and into the common room i noticed Mattheo was sitting with someone. Amelia. "Amelia! Im sorry dont let him brainwash you!" I joked as i sat on the other end of her.

"Dont worry Y/n. He was just telling me how he thinks im going to do great and 2nd semester is always the hardest but it gets better." She explained. I gave Mattheo a puzzled look, "Amelia, why dont we go up to my dormitory and i'll get you going for the morning!" I smiled as i let her stand up with me. "Okay." She smiled. The both of us walked up to the dorm.

I opened the door and let her in, Astoria and Chelsy were walking out. "Okay come here. Im going to put your hair up, I think your bangs will look really cute with it!" I smiled, now putting her hair back in a high ponytail and letting her bangs swoop on the side of her face.

"Y/n. People say bad things about Mattheo, but i dont understand why. He's not bad. He's a kind person, Is he misunderstood? Is that why people think he's bad?" She asked. My face went blank as she sat on my bed. I quickly dressed into my robes.

With a small sigh i tried to start explaining, "Mattheo can be a good person. So no. He's not necessarily bad, misunderstood is a good way to describe it. Mattheo has a bad legacy, he's expected to be the best. Most of us are. So he gets into bad things and bad situations to distract him. He's not a bad person Amelia. Just veiwed differently by other people." I tried to explain in the most kid-friendly way.

"It sounds like you know him personally.. are you two close?" She asked while we walked out. "Uh. Well. We're kind of engaged. You might want to know that considering your like our responsibility now. But we dont love eachother or anything." I explained.

She seemed a bit shocked. "Are you two arguing?" She asked, "No. Just not very close. What do you have first?" I asked "History Of Magic." She answered.

"Okay i'll take you. Me and Mattheo." I insisted as Mattheo joined us in the common room. "Take her where?" He asked. "First bell." I said, the three of us quickly walked her to H.O.M and went to our class which happened to be down the hall. DADA.

The bell run just as we stepped in. "Any excuse for the lack of getting here at a more preferable time?" Lupin seemed very serious. "Amelia. Its her first second semester. I wanted her to be prepared." I explained quickly.

"Im only joking! Lighten up! Its the first day of second semester, were only refreshing today." Lupin smiled. Me and Mattheo went to the only available seat

[Mattheos Pov]

My mind was still racing with thoughts. Was Amelia scared of us? "Is she scared Mattheo?" Y/n asked. "Not sure.. we'll talk to her about it later this afternoon." I answered. "She asked if your good Y/n. People think your bad and shes trying not to believe it. And if 1st years think your scary i dont know what they could possibly think of me." Mattheo said. "She said people say bad things about you." She added.

"What did you tell her?" I asked, "I told her you were misunderstood. You make mistakes and get in bad situations as a distraction. Your not a bad person even though it can be hard to believe sometimes." She explained with more meaning then sounded.

I looked down to her. "I said im sorry. Will you forgive me? Please." I find myself begging her. "I said your not a bad person. Even though its hard to believe it." She said calmly.

[End of 5th period x Y/ns Pov]

Me and Astoria were packing up our stuff it was almost the end of the day with only one period left.

"Y/n, Mattheo! Its Amelia!" Mcgonagall entered the potions room. I met my eyes with Mattheos. We rushed out. "Draco and Astoria, Chelsy is involved too." She announced as the both of them followed after us.

We all got rushed to Professor Dumbledores office. Chelsy and Amelia were sitting across from eachother, Chelsy had a black eye and Amelia had a busted lip. "Amelia!" I rushed up to her with Mattheo. He seemed fairly concerned. Draco and Astoria calmly walked over to Chelsy. "Amelia punched Chelsy in the eye and Chelsy went for the lip, luckily we got professors to break things up immediately." Dumbledore explained calmly.

"Amelia! Why? Why would you do that. You can get expelled for things like that! Professor may we take her to go talk things out a little more?" I moved my attention away from Amelia to Dumbledore. "Yes yes of course. That is what this new system is for." He agreed instantly.

I glanced over at Chelsy with Draco and Astoria. "Tori." I looked at her for any signs of approval, letting my eyes simply ask what happened? She shook her head no.

Me and Mattheo finally got Amelia to sit down so we could talk. "Spill." I crossed my arms, acting somewhat 'furious'. "Chelsy was laughing off with her friends when i heard her say 'Amelia got those two murders! who knows what kind of cult theyre in. I dont know why Astorias even friends with Y/n!' None of thats true! S-so i did what felt right!" Amelia explained.

I could tell Mattheo was pissed. "Look. Were not mad okay? We understand what happened and why you did it. Just know, Hogwarts is different. We dont really... fight like that. Just dont do it again. Like ever. Use your words okay?" I got down to her level.

"Okay." She nodded. I reached over to give her a hug. "You can go now, just back to your dorm. We were excused entirely from 6th hour." I smiled as she got up and let her walk out.
__________________________________
End of chapter 25! I hope you enjoyed. Lmk if your confused abt anything. Ill be super busy this week so it might take a little longer to post again.

Leave any thoughts here. The next chapter should be out soon or already is by the time you read this!

Bye!~{1180 words}