Chapter 5

Multiple POVs

Brandon's POV

Holy shit!

When Sam said to keep ice handy I had no idea what to expect, but seeing my best friend and the woman in his arms burst into flames was definitely not on the list of possibilities. We had run out of ice so quickly that Corey and I had to start creating it ourselves. I thought Marc was going to have a panic attack watching the whole thing. Axel forgot to mention that Sam was a mother-fucking demon as well. I have no idea what Axel and Callie were seeing, but the view we got of Sam was downright gruesome. He looked like a half-dead creature, skeletal with patches of pale and rotting skin and fiery eyes.

The four of us waited with bated breath as the fires suddenly went out and Sam began to look human again. Slowly they all opened their eyes, and we let out the breaths we were holding. Callie let out a low groan and grabbed her head, looking like she was about to puke. Axel was trying to comfort her but didn't look much better. Raven handed the all electrolyte drinks as Sam had suggested. We helped them all out. Of course, Sam didn't seem too worse for wear, but poor Axel and Callie were shaking like leaves. "They need some food and then lots of sleep," Sam told us. "Keep a close eye on them for the next day or so. Just call the diner if they are acting odd or sleep longer than twenty-four hours."

"Thank you, Sam," Callie said in a soft voice, still clinging to Axel. He gave her a warm smile and kissed her forehead before leaving.

"Come on, you two. I made some soup. Let's get you cleaned up and fed, then you can crash," Marc said. Axel tried carrying Callie but stumbled, so I scooped her up and Raven carried Axel, much to his dislike. I noticed the moment we set them down, they scooted closer together until they were in contact if only slightly. He followed her down the hall to the room he'd set up for her and soon we heard the water running. "You all realize he isn't leaving her, right?" Marc asked as he started cleaning up.

"Yeah, I noticed that too," Corey said with a faint smile.

"What are you thinking?" I asked.

His grin widened, "I mean it would be nice if Axel found someone, especially someone who understands what he's gone through and who he is."

Of course, he was right, but then the nagging thought in the back of my head was what about the rest of us? Would she be the reason my family split apart?

Raven placed a kiss on Corey's head, "Would be nice to keep маленький вампир around (little vampire)," he said with a wistful look, then he spun Corey around, and kissing him soundly, he threw him over his shoulder and headed to their room.

Marc and I both just laughed, "Well, I guess that means we have the first watch," I said as I refilled my water glass. "At least if they're in the same room, we have less real estate to cover," I joked.

"Yeah, that's if they just sleep," he teased, waggling his eyebrows. I just groaned at his comment.

****

Callie's POV

I stepped under the warm water and didn't even flinch when Axel followed me in. I don't know quite how to explain it, but showering together seemed less intimate than what we had just experienced. Not to mention, I don't think either of us wanted to be left alone with our thoughts. I felt his fingers begin to massage the shampoo into my hair and sighed. His touch felt so natural, so familiar. He watched me closely when I turned to rinse the soap out, his green eyes following my movements. "Axel," I started to say but was quickly silenced when his lips crashed against mine.

His hands were so strong as they pulled me into him, his lips demanding my own to respond. I let out a low moan as his mouth began to travel down my neck. I felt the air shift when his tongue darted across my pulse point and he inhaled deeply. "Fuck, you smell amazing, Princess," he groaned against my neck as his hands traveled the length of my body. I could feel his sizeable erection poking into my stomach as he pressed closer. "Callie," he whispered and tapped my legs. I didn't hesitate as I jumped, wrapping my legs around him as he sank inside of me.

I can't fully describe the feeling that flooded my entire body at that moment. It was like a part of my soul had been reconnected that I didn't even realize was missing. Our eyes met as we both panted. "Was that?" I started.

"I think," he said, "I mean, I've felt drawn to you since the first moment I laid eyes on you, but now..." his voice trailed off.

"Please move," I begged, and he grinned broadly, then thrust upwards making me cry out, "Axel!" Our lips crashed together again as I felt the connection getting stronger the closer we came to a climax. His hands gripped my hips and ass as he increased his pace. "I...I need..." I whined.

"Cum for me, Callie," he growled and I shattered. My cries filled the shower and were quickly matched with his own as he spilled inside of me.

Gently lowering me, he cleaned both of us then wrapped me in towels, and carried me to the bed. I can't remember a time when I felt safer or at peace. We didn't even bother getting dressed as we fell asleep wrapped in each other's arms.

****

Axel's POV

I looked at the clock and groaned softly. We had slept almost sixteen hours, and for the first time in my life I didn't have a single nightmare, and neither did she.

I watched her chest softly raising and falling as she slept. She was absolutely breathtaking, her dark hair splayed out across my chest and gently draping over part of her face. A smile traced across my face as I replayed our shower. The connection was mind-blowing. It was like I could feel her life essence mingling with mine, yet not a single drop of blood was exchanged. My hand slid over her exposed shoulder as I sighed, "Oh Princess, now what do we do?"

Without moving she replied, "Breakfast."

I let out a short laugh, "It's seven at night."

"Fine, dinner then," she snarked, peeking her eyes open. Her usually pale eyes had a reddish tint to them.

"Um, Callie, should your eyes be red?" I asked, pushing her hair back.

She looked up at me and gasped, "Should yours?" Oh shit. "I think we need to call Sam," she said quickly and dove for her phone.

Twenty minutes later, we sat in the living room across from Sam as he shined a flashlight in our eyes as if he were a doctor. "So you say your eyes were like this when you woke up, not before?" We both nodded. I saw the looks of worry on my team's faces. "Did, um, anything else happen after we finished the ritual?"

Both our faces flushed crimson and she hid behind my arm with a squeak. "Well, we um...had sex," I managed to finally spit out. I heard Raven snicker to my left and shot him a glare. He just grinned and raised his hands in surrender.

Sam also laughed and clapped his hands, "Well, then that explains everything." He stood up as if to leave.

"Wait, what? Will it go away, what does it mean and what the hell does having sex have to do with red eyes?" I demanded, feeling Callie squeeze my hand hard.

Sam chuckled again, "It wasn't just sex, was it? You both felt the pull, yes?"

We nodded and Callie whispered, "It was like a missing part of me clicked."

His smile softened, "Do you remember what I explained about soulmates? Well, you two just crossed the first step - well, actually you jumped over a few, but since both of you are vampires, you will need to exchange blood, or mark each other if you will to seal it. Once you do, the whole eye thing will clear up." Turning to look at her, our eyes met. I felt her worry, but I also felt her love for me. I only hoped she could feel how much I cared for her as well. Sam cleared his throat, "I would suggest the exchange be in private. It can get a bit heated when the bond fully connects, or so I've been told." He gave us a last grin and headed out the door.

After a few awkward moments of silence, Raven finally said with a goofy smile, "So does that mean you two are married and little vampire stays now?"

She squeaked and blushed. Well, does it?

Author's Notes:  And so it begins...