Chapter 28

Author's Note: Timelines are overlapping with some of these POVs.

Multiple POVs

Callie's POV

I knew the moment I was pulled from Sergi and Kieran's arms. Selene's visions filled my mind. As the man dragged me away I said my goodbyes - I love you both, please remember that. I saw the look of pain and worry cross their faces.

We will find you, little warrior, Sergi promised. I knew they would try, but I also knew they would fail. It wouldn't be them that found me.

I heard Sang and Gabe arguing as I turned around. My heart jumped into my throat when I saw Axel - my Axel. I wanted to tell him how sorry I was, how much I wanted to stay with him, but I couldn't. The seconds that passed between the witch being killed and Sang trying to kill him and Owen were the longest of my life.

Cradling my face, Owen asked, "Oh love, why?"

I gave him a soft smile, "Second death to save the rest. You'll be okay, I promise." Then I took a ragged breath and felt the flames wrap around me as blackness came.

****

"Well you certainly know how to make an exit, sweetheart," I heard him say.

I spun around and launched myself at him. "Marc!" I screamed as he wrapped me in his arms.

"Callie baby, that's the best welcome a dead man could ever get," he chuckled as I peppered his face with kisses. I froze at his words. "Hey, now, don't go getting all freaked out on me." He booped my nose, then kissed me again.

I buried my face in his neck and let go of the tears I'd been holding in. "I'm so sorry," I sobbed. "You shouldn't have done that."

His fingers tangled in my hair as he tugged my mouth to his, "Oh baby, you shouldn't be sorry. I would do anything to keep you safe."

"Fat lot of good that did," I groaned. He swatted my bottom, as I yelped, "Hey! What was that for?"

"Well, little missy, if you would take a moment to remember what Selene said and showed you, then you would remember this isn't the end for us. Now, wipe those tears. We have things to do." He sounded like a cheer mom, preparing me for a show. I started to roll my eyes, but he waved a finger in warning, "Keep it up and I'll put you over my knee."

"Yes sir," I squeaked as my cheeks warmed. Although, the thought of being over his knee actually sounded really good.

"Now, repeat what Selene told you," he prompted, "Let's see if we can figure out our next steps."

I focused on the day in the showers. "Well Sarah and a female demon were there, then Selene showed up. She told me my birth was foretold long ago. Something about being a child of royal blood that died and escaped the River Styx. She also said I was of her line."

"Was that all?" He grinned as if he already knew the answer. The frustrating man was baiting me to make me figure it out myself.

I gave him a playful glare, "No, that's not all. She talked about a wheel stopping, and me being at judgment's hand - reborn in fire. Then she talked about me being some kind of salvation for wolves and vampires." I paused, my voice getting softer, "She said I'd know what to do. When Sang threw those blades, I knew I had to save them." My eyes lifted and met his beautiful mismatched ones. "You knew too, didn't you?"

He gave me a sad smile, "Yes, sweetheart, I did. Just like you, Selene gave me a vision. When that fireball aimed for you, I knew my fate."

"I don't understand why all of this is happening. What could possibly be so special about me?"

"Maybe I can help answer that, My Queen," a soft voice said, which caused me to spin around. There stood my once fragile and shy Sarah, but now, she looked fierce. She stood next to the towering demon I'd seen in the car. Despite her stomach being heavily swollen with child, she had an aura of power and strength.

"Why are you calling me that?" I asked her. "I'm not a queen, I'm not really even a princess anymore."

Sarah laughed, "Oh, Callie, you are more of a princess than you realize. You are the daughter of Selene, and you will become the Queen of Vampires and Wolves alike. Come," she held her hand out to us, "Let us get you changed, then we can explain more."

I looked down realizing I was still in that awful hospital gown and quickly agreed. Marc and I followed them. It wasn't until then that I finally took in our surroundings. It looked otherworldly - rocky, barren land with wisps of smoke as far as I could see. I didn't even realize there was a cave until Sarah and her demon walked into the entrance. Once inside, the air seemed warmer and slowly the surroundings began to fill with lush foliage, like that of a tropical rainforest. I felt Marc's hand clasp mine, and for a moment it felt like a burst of flame traveled up our arms. He gave me a smile and a quick kiss on my cheek as Sarah and her demon motioned for us to go into a room.

"Wow," I breathed as I took in the large bed and in-ground tub. The water swirled as tendrils of steam rose upward. I walked to the edge and dipped my toes in, moaning.

"Baby, you keep making sounds like that and we aren't leaving this room for a while," Marc growled. I gave him a mischievous grin, then let the gown fall to the floor as I stepped into the tub. "Callie," he hissed as his eyes roamed my body. He dropped his clothes as well and joined me in the steaming waters. He pulled me toward him, his arms circling my waist. I saw his eyebrows raise when he noticed the bite marks on either side of my neck. "Hmm, I recognize this one as Sergi, Raven's bear. Corey has a similar mark, but who, little girl, does this one belong to?"

I let out a soft moan as his fingers ran over the mark. "Kieran, North's wolf," I said quietly. "Are you upset?"

He chuckled, "Callie, both Selene and your friend have already told you that you're going to be the Queen of Vampires and Werewolves. Call me crazy, but I'm assuming that means you are going to have werewolf mates." Well, I guess he had a point. "Besides, Kota called it. When Sang turned, she was no longer their mate. You are their second chance. We just got lucky enough to have you as our first one."

"But, if I'm dead, then what now? Does that break the mate bonds? What is going to happen to them? I saw what happened to Axel's dad after his mom died. I don't want any of them to be hurt," I started talking rapidly as my panic began to overwhelm me. Before I could say anything more, Marc's lips slammed against mine. He pulled me over his legs as one hand tangled in my hair and the other slid under my bottom. I groaned and bucked when his cock thrust inside of me. He pulled me back, his eyes meeting mine as he grabbed my hips and began pumping faster.

"Fuck, Callie," he moaned as I felt my orgasm tremor throughout my body. He placed his hand over his mark as his hips shifted, sending him deeper inside of me. When he came he cried out and I felt a surge of heat rush to the mark, making me cry out his name. Our eyes locked on to one another, his hand still there. Small flames began to build around his hand. I'm not sure why I did it, but I felt the urge to touch them. I placed my hand over his and watched in fascination as the flames began to travel around my hand as well. I looked back up to see him watching me closely. "Pull the flame to you," he told me.

"What do you mean?"

"Imagine the flames going into you, becoming part of your hand, not mine."

I looked at the flames and tried to focus on what he suggested. It took a bit, but finally, the flames seemed to travel up my arm and hover. "Cool," I muttered. "Now what?"

"Throw it into the water," he smirked. I gave him a shocked look, but he just repeated his statement. Oh well, here goes nothing.

I flicked my wrist like I was trying to shake the flame off of me and watched in amazement as the tiny fireball sailed into the bathwater, fizzling out when it hit the water. "Holy fuck!" Marc broke out laughing."What the fuck was that?" I sputtered.

"That, my love, was fire magic. You have my fire magic."

Author's Notes:  Remember what Corey said?   Psst, see...trust the process.

Please follow, share, comment, and vote, my lovelies!