Chapter 50

North's POV

"Kieran, are you listening to me?" she asked her hand on her hip in frustration. I thought I was going to drool staring at her. Her hair was up in a high ponytail and she had on some type of thin gauzy gown that accentuated every curve on that gorgeous body. She let out a frustrated growl, threw her hands up, and turned to walk away.

I grabbed her arm and gently pulled her into a hug, "Sorry baby, I was distracted by how beautiful you look," I told her, kissing her earlobe.

She giggled and squeezed my arms. "Such a flatterer," she teased. "I asked if you were going with me to the festival. Arvla can't come and I don't know if I should go alone."

Festival, what festival...

Oh, wait, Litha.

"I can go," I replied, kissing her neck gently. My hands traveled down her back until I cupped her ass and pulled her toward me. I was rewarded with a moan as I squeezed. She was so fucking sexy, I wanted to peel that dress off her and make her scream my name for hours.

She pushed me back, "Kieran," her voice was breathy as she tried to compose herself, "we need to go. I can't be late."

I groaned, letting her go, and muttered, "Fine." She rolled her eyes and proceeded to drag us out of our home and toward the field already alight with pyres. Music and laughter filled the air as the smell of food and wine surrounded us.

Soon we were eating, dancing, and drinking with the other villagers. She seldom strayed too far from my side. A roar went up from a group nearby and we were handed cups of wine. Linking arms we drank deeply. Our eyes met as we began to kiss, forgetting the scene around us. It felt like my head was swimming, but I needed to touch her. Her lips felt like silk against my skin as we moved closer to the pyres along with several other couples. I could hear the chanting of the priestess along with the sounds of sex that began to fill the air. The sun had long since set as insects lit up the skies along with the flames. For a brief moment, she stepped away from me, then snuck behind me, her fingers lacing in my hair as she pulled my mouth toward hers.

I don't remember laying down or even undressing, only the feeling of her warm body engulfing mine as I buried myself inside of her. My own grunts filled the air as I lost myself. Her hands pressed against my chest as she rode me, seeking her own release. A shrill cry had me turning my head. My eyes widened as I looked into hers - not above me, but next to me.

"Niamh?" I croaked, trying to move, then looked up at the woman I thought was my wife. She had a wicked grin as her nails dug into my chest. She looked similar to Niamh, but her hair was blonde and her eyes green. I found myself unable to move both her and myself as if I were bound magically. "Who are you?" I grunted.

"Kieran, don't you recognize me?" she moaned as her hips began to grind against me again. I tried to stop her, but my body seemed to have a mind of its own. Niamh's cry drew my attention again. Turning my head, I saw something, some creature attacking her. It had her hands pinned above her head as it raped her. Blood seeped from between her legs as he assaulted her. Then he bent near her ear and said something too quietly for me to hear. She let out a mournful scream and then locked eyes with me, mouthing, I love you, just before his teeth sank into her throat, ripping it open.

My own scream filled the air as I felt my body growing cold. I looked back up to see the blonde holding a bloody dagger. I choked, trying to breathe, but knowing it was no use. "Why," I asked, but was only answered with a sadistic grin and the darkness that overtook me.

"Who was that?" a voice asked.

I turned around to see Cailleach staring at the blonde who now looked down at my body coldly.

"I never knew then who she was, but I do now," I seethed. "That's Sang."

"The creature was or is Clay, one of the hunters who raped me," Callie said as she came near my side. I pulled her to me tightly, kissing her repeatedly. "I didn't realize it was him until he spoke to me." She hesitated, clasping my hand tightly. "He said, 'Again the wheel stops and is sealed in blood, cursed goddess. Until we meet again.'" Her eyes brimmed with tears.

"It's okay, baby," I tried to reassure her, but I knew in my own mind this was not a coincidence. "Listen to me, Callie," I said, lifting her chin. "We will figure this out. Every memory is helping to put the puzzle together. We are all writing everything down. Victor, Corey, and Kota are creating timelines and connections each time one of us comes to you. We are all surrounding you - you are not alone, my love."

She gave a soft sigh as she leaned into my embrace, "Thank you, North. I needed to hear that. I love you all so much."

"Sorry to break this up, but I think we need to keep going. Finding your former mate in her past as well as the hunter is an interesting new development," Cailleach said. "I think we're getting close." We both nodded and with a parting kiss, I found myself sitting up on the floor, looking into the concerned eyes of my brother.

"Are you okay?" Luke asked

I rubbed the back of my head and nodded, "I think so. I really need to write it down, but then we need to talk. Sang was in this memory, and that hunter, Clay."

"What?" roared Axel, "Wait, when was that?"

I paused for a few moments trying to think. "7th century maybe," I answered.

"Holy shit," Marc muttered, "Was it really Sang and Clay or an incarnation of them?"

"I really don't know. I mean I guess it could have been some kind of incarnation, like it was for me and Callie. The guy wasn't human. He was some creature...he killed her." I heard the others growl and curse. "She said he told her Again the wheel stops and is sealed in blood, cursed goddess. Until we meet again, just before he ripped her throat out."

Victor's head popped up, "Wait, he said what?"

"Again the wheel stops and is sealed in blood, cursed goddess. Until we meet again." I repeated.

He and Kota exchanged glances, just before Silas collapsed, falling over on the couch, his hand clasping hers.

Author's Notes:  We are getting closer to the truth, my lovelies...

Please comment, vote, and follow!