Chapter 10

Luke's POV

I'd been out since before dawn checking the borders and just wanted to crawl in bed, but when I came in the house, I swear I smelled the most amazing smell. It was like a burst of chocolate and raspberries filled my nose. No way North is cooking something sweet like that, so what is it?

"What the fuck are you doing?" Gabe asked as I began sniffing the air.

"I smell chocolate and raspberries," I told him. "I'm trying to figure out where it's coming from."

He rolled his eyes, "Man, you've lost your damn mind." I just shook my head and kept moving down the hall toward the smell. I paused when I reached the stairwell. Wait, isn't this where the Tomas are staying? Maybe they're fixing something down there. "You shouldn't go down there," Gabe warned when he noticed my location. This time, I rolled my eyes at him and started down. He jumped up and started to follow me.

"I thought you said I shouldn't go down," I asked as I crept down the steps.

"Yeah, well someone has to keep your stupid ass out of trouble," he mumbled, "Besides, I want to see too."

We came to the end of the staircase and peeked around in the living area, but no one seemed to be around. "Maybe they went upstairs," Gabe suggested.

"Then what do I smell?"

"How the fuck would I know, you're the one smelling it," he grunted.

I turned to face him. "So you really can't smell anything?"

He paused and sniffed the air for a few moments, then sighed, "Well fuck me, I do smell something, but to me, it smells like jasmine flowers. Can you smell them?"

"Nope, just chocolate and raspberries. I wonder why we smell something different, and where is it coming from?"

He shrugged, "I don't know man, but we need to get out of here before someone catches us snooping around." We had just turned around when I heard a faint shuffling sound and then a soft gasp. We slowly turned around. I felt like the air had just been sucked out of my lungs as my eyes met hers. "Fucking fuck," Gabe gasped.

The beautiful creature before us stood unmoving with a deer in the headlights look on her face. I took a deep breath and tried to stifle my groan - the smell was coming from her. My wolf was going crazy, and I could feel Gabe's wolf going nuts too. "Uh, sorry to intrude," I stammered, "We, um, well, I'm Luke and this is Gabe."

She blinked slowly then seemed to find her voice, "Oh, hi, I'm Callie." She extended her hand and I reached out to shake it. The moment our fingers touched, she let out a soft yelp of surprise, and I had to bite my tongue. "Wow," she gasped, "what was that?"

"I have no idea, but I want to do it again," I said, then blushed when I realized I had said it out loud based on the blush on her cheeks. I let go of her hand and stepped back as she turned toward Gabe.

"Um, Gabe, you're the one who set up the rooms for us?" she asked and he nodded. Wow, a silent Gabe - that's odd. "It looks beautiful! Thank you so much for doing all of this on such short notice. I really appreciate it."

He stepped forward and took her hand and placed a kiss on the back of it. A moan passed both their lips and their pupils were blown wide. Well, this is definitely an interesting turn of events. About that time, a very naked Marc stepped out of the bedroom without looking up. "Hey Callie, do you know where my pants went?" I let out a barking laugh and his eyes snapped up. "Oh shit, hey guys, um didn't see you - be right back." I noticed he dashed off to a different room - hmm, I thought she was with Axel.