Chapter 79

Luke's POV

Her head rested against my shoulder as the swing gently swayed. "Hey," Brandon said as he rounded the corner. I put my fingers to my lips to shush him. He nodded when he saw her sleeping form.

How's she doing? He asked

She had a rough morning. The girls are cranky - picking up on her emotions I think. We took a walk so she could put flowers on Thaddeus's marker. She fell asleep about ten minutes ago. Kota took Axel and Marc to see a cabin the pack just finished for the grandparents when they come to visit. I told him.

It had been a few weeks since our return from England and she was doing her best to adjust. At least this time she wasn't pulling away from us. Quite the opposite actually. She was always with at least one of us, even at night.

North, Silas, Victor, Corey, and Raven quietly approached the porch with smiles on their faces as they saw her. It's finished, North said

I grinned, excited to show her the present we'd all helped with.

A soft breeze floated across the porch and she shifted, then lifted her eyes to me and smiled. "Hello everyone," she mumbled, slowly turning to the others. Her face lit up to see them all standing there contentedly watching her.

North bent down and kissed her gently, "Hey sleeping beauty. How are you feeling?"

She nuzzled his rough face and giggled, "I'm better. Luke's been taking good care of me today." I felt the happy hum in our connection. "So what have you all been up to - something sweaty, I see," she grinned.

Silas held his arms out to her, "Care to see, I mikrí mou agápi?" With a firm kiss on my lips, she stood and let him scoop her up. "But you have to close your eyes until we get there." She frowned but finally did what he asked.

We're on our way, I sent across the link. When we reached the edge of the creek, we stopped and he put her down. "Open your eyes, my light," Victor whispered in her ear. Her eyes slowly opened and she drew in a breath, then squealed. "Yep, she likes it," he chuckled.

I swear she jumped out of Silas's arms and ran up the porch steps. Her fingers ran along the banister, tracing the intricate patterns Axel had carved. There were wolves, bears, foxes, phoenixes, elemental symbols, vampire symbols, and even demonic symbols - something to represent all of us - even Thaddeus and Clay. We wanted her to be guarded by all of us. Her eyes glazed with tears briefly when Owen opened the door and held his hands out to her.

"Come, love, let us show you our new home," he spoke gently. When she took his hand, he quickly lifted her bridal style and carried her over the threshold as we all cheered. She was home - we all were - finally.

Callie's POV

I knew Sang was somewhere out there in the world, but we had decided to not live in fear anymore. The girls had just had their first birthday and I was working in the backyard planting flowers when Sean popped his head around the fence. "Hey sweetheart, what is that smell?" he groaned, sniffing the air.

I sniffed, not smelling anything except sweet williams blossoms. "Do you mean the flowers?" I asked.

He stepped closer and sniffed, "Oh fuck," he growled, his eyes flashing amber then bright green. Before I could react, he had me on the soft grass as his nose nuzzled into my neck. "You're in heat, baby. You smell so fucking good," his wolf Kia growled. His hand pressed against my core and I felt a rush of fire course through me.

I bucked against his hand, yelping when his teeth grazed my neck. "S...Sean, we need... the girls... call Nyx," I managed to stammer out as he pressed his cock against me, our bodies craving one another.