Chapter 83

Sang's POV

"Helen? Wh...How are you here?" I sputtered, looking at my old mentor.

"My sweet girl, I came to help," she replied, then gave a wicked grin. "I also came to confess. I have not been honest with you, Zilla. When we first met, I had no idea who you were, or what you were meant for, so I presented myself as Helen, a priestess of Hecate. But that's not who I really am." A red mist rose around her as her form shifted to reveal the goddess Hecate herself. I fell to my knees, unable to speak.

When I finally regained my senses I asked, "Why, why pick me? I was just a pathetic human." I felt the tears prickling in my eyes.

She reached out and took my hand. When I stood she embraced me tightly, "Oh my sweet girl, you were never a pathetic human. Zilla, I saw potential in you. I saw a strong young woman calling out for guidance. But now, now, you are so much more. You are a powerful witch, meant to rule. I want to help you exact your revenge and get what you desire."

"How? Every time I try to destroy her, I fail. She always finds a way to survive. She really is fucking blessed!" I groaned, tugging at my own hair in frustration.

Hecate laughed, "Well, that's why I'm here. Let me show you what I've brought you." She waved her hand and I gaped as the room spun. When it settled I found myself standing in an enormous cavern practically vibrating with magic. Grunting sounds drew my attention as my eyes fell onto the bound men on the floor. Every single one of them was here, no wait, Gabriel is missing. "He's here, child, just not with them. I had to use a bit of extra force on him and your parents. Their demon nature makes them trickier to subdue." She nodded toward a set of chairs where I saw him along with a man and woman impaled on large metal poles. Had they been human, they would already be dead, but instead, they moaned in pain when the monstrous creatures guarding them would shift and move the poles.

I stalked closer, ignoring Gabriel's labored growls to look into the eyes of my so-called parents. "Hello mother, father," I sneered, my voice laced with contempt. "So nice to finally meet you." I turned to Hecate, "Will your creatures obey a command from me?"

"Of course, my child," she gleamed.

I looked up at the beasts and grinned, then locking my eyes on the woman before me I said in a flat tone. "Rape them - all of them. Make it as painful as possible." I heard muffled gasps and protests from the others as I watched three creatures step behind them. Samael and Gabe did their best to suppress their cries but it only lasted so long, whereas Lilith screamed the instant the creature ripped her open, filling her with seed again and again. He paused for a moment when I gripped her chin, "Perhaps if this creature gives you a child, you won't so readily discard it, Mother." Then, nodding to the beast he resumed his torture. I turned and walked toward Hecate. She had a proud look on her face.

"Brilliant," she whispered. "Well, if you like these gifts, I hope you'll enjoy the next one even more." She waved her hand and my sister magically appeared in the arms of the very demon I'd sent to destroy her. Zia was bloody and marked all over as his long claws cut into her skin. Hecate chuckled, "Guess you made good use of your time, Avroclayth. Your Mistress will be pleased." He growled at her.

Hecate's POV

When I'd pulled Zilla's incubus from the flames, I wondered how he had failed her. Then the seer revealed his failure and his bond to Zia and I was overjoyed. It had been centuries since I'd seen the young witch I helped create. I had no idea how powerful she'd become and to discover her parentage...well that was a cutting sword that I decided to turn into my own weapon. Too long I'd stood in Lilith's shadow. She didn't deserve the power she had and squandered. It was time to make my move and Zilla was the perfect tool to destroy them all. Poor creature wouldn't even realize what I had planned until it was far too late.

Zilla's eyes showed with sadistic glee as she looked down on the bruised and bleeding form of her sister in the demon's arms. "Avroclayth, you've done well," she told him. "Matter of fact, this might just be enough to make me forget your past mistake." He growled slightly as Zia shivered. "Where are the children?" she asked me.

I frowned, "Sadly, I cannot reach them yet. They are with Nyx, but once you control her son, you should easily be able to get them."

"Why do you keep trying to take my children? Why not just have your own?" Zia yelled at her.

Zilla slapped her across the face, then ripped her from the demon's grasp and pulled her to her face. "Because dear sister, when the guard took my innocence he took my womb with him. Apparently, the fates did not approve of me exacting my revenge on him and they have struck me barren in each lifetime. Without magical intervention, I cannot conceive, but you are so fucking fertile that I'll just use you to get what I want." She turned her head to look at the men lying on the ground. "I'll start with Cadmus, well Axel as he's known now. I'll trap his vampire and sire it to me so that he becomes completely enslaved to my will. His only desire in this world will be to please me, to love me. You see, Zia, I no longer need the help of an incubus to get what I desire, but you already know that don't you? You already know what we really are, but I'm so much more thanks to Hecate's teachings. You have no hope of defeating me."

"Hecate, please stop this madness," Samael begged from his restraints. He cried out as the creature impaled him once again. His voice shook as he tried to convince me. "Don't do this."

Callie's POV

"Oh, Samael, why would I want to stop? You betrayed me. We could have had the most powerful child in our control and you had to suddenly grow a conscience. Imagine my gleeful surprise when I realized Callie was Zia and I hadn't missed my chance to destroy your perfect and pure little daughter, Lilith?" Hecate hissed. "What's more poetic than sister destroying sister? Zilla was such a gifted student - almost as powerful as me. She should have been mine! You didn't deserve to have his children, you selfish bitch!" She strode toward the goddess, her fingers digging into her chin as the monsters held her firmly in place. "The night Zilla cursed her sister and compelled Avroclayth to murder her for the first time was pure ecstasy. When her essence reached the cauldron, I knew she was from your line, but I had no idea she was your actual daughter. Until then, I thought Zilla to be just an exceptionally gifted witch - a perfect addition to my followers. Oh, how wrong I was. She is far more than that - far stronger than her sister ever has been. See how she wields not only my magic but both yours as well, even without training." She looked at Samael, "You shouldn't have betrayed me, Samael. I gave you everything. I made you the ruler of my crossroads demons, even ignored your little affairs, but now...to return to this pathetic creature," she hissed as Lilith moaned, the creature restraining her driving deeper inside as blacked blood fell from her core. "I'll enjoy stripping her power while you watch, but first..."

With a wave of magic, the creatures vanished. Lilith, Sam, and Gabe were now encased in glass and iron cages bound in heavy chains, their bodies sagged as blood pooled from their wounds. A wave of red wisps swirled and their wounds receded but not fully healed. "Can't have you passing out and missing the best part, can we?" Hecate laughed, "Now you will watch as my chosen daughter destroys yours. Matter of fact, let's all enjoy the show." She turned to Sang. "Show them how powerful you are, my daughter," the goddess hissed.

Sang's eyes lit up with a dark glee as she chuckled, "Avroclayth," she boomed and crooked her finger at him. It was as if his body was dragged across the floor as he fell to his knees before her. "Look at me, my servant." His eyes locked on hers. "You have served me well over the years. I think you deserve a reward." She caressed his face and came close. "You are going to enjoy my sister completely. Take her now, right here, breed her, and fill her with your child while her mates helplessly watch." Sang's eyes blackened as she gave his command, then she pressed her lips to his mouth and I could feel the flood of essence she directed at him. He struggled at first, then his body began to respond to her power. When she pulled back, his eyes were fully blackened and his body began to shift as his eyes landed on me.

My body vibrated when he growled, "Mine."

Author's Notes:  Anybody else get a shiver when he said mine?  No, just me....well damn...