Chapter 36

Multiple POVs

North's POV

I smelled her before I saw her. In an instant I turned and scooped her up in my arms, my lips crashing against hers. She kissed me in return and giggled with delight. "North," she whispered as our foreheads pressed together.

"Hello beautiful," I purred. "I've missed you." I kissed her again greedily knowing the others were coming this way. "When you get home, I'm stealing you away for a few days. Maybe a bike ride south?"

She grinned, "I like the sound of that."

"Quit hogging her, wolf," Raven grunted as he came into the room. I chuckled and handed her to him.

"Bear!" she squealed and wrapped her body around him like a koala. He let out a low growl as he nuzzled her neck. I could feel his happiness in our connection. If anyone had told me that someday I'd be soulmate bonded to Raven, I think I would have punched them. But now, well now, I can't imagine life without his crazy Russian ass. We hadn't fully completed the bond, agreeing that we wanted to wait for Callie to finish.

Corey leaned against me, "Strange isn't it, this odd web we've woven. Her and all of us, Raven and I, then you and Raven. I'm curious to see what other connections she helps create." His eyes glimmered with mischief as he left and stepped to the woman herself. "Hey little one, any kisses for me?" he asked her as she launched herself into his arms. She kissed him soundly and whimpered as he spun his magic around them.

Suddenly she straightened and her eyes flashed a green glow as she made a yipping sound. Scrambling out of Corey's arms, she bolted for the door, and without warning she shifted instantly into her Kitsune form and charged toward Sean who had already shifted and waited for her in the yard. Well, I guess that answers the question of that fourth shifter form.

Sean growled when she approached, and she lowered her head, then made more yipping sounds as she danced around him. He barked loudly, his tail separating to reveal nine separate ones. Energy and magic crackled around him. He looked terrifying. We didn't get to see his Kitsune Isao often, but when we did, it made us all realize just how truly powerful Sean was.

"I am Isao, little mate," he spoke quietly as she continued to dance around, yipping and barking.

"Kiyoko. I am Kiyoko," she replied, her voice high and melodic.

"Come, Kiyoko, show me your tails, little mate," he commanded her. Even as a wolf, I could feel the power behind his words.

She sat, tilting her head one way, then the other, "Why? Oh, maybe we can play a game and then I'll show you." We all marveled that she seemed completely unaffected by his command over her. As an alpha and her mate, she shouldn't be able to resist. This was interesting.

Isao looked baffled as she taunted him, then he gave a coy smile, "Fine, little mate, we will play. If I win, you show me your tails, agreed?"

"Hmm, okay. And if I win, you have to buy me bows for each of my tails," she giggled. He rolled his eyes and agreed. With a squeal, she dashed toward the tree line, "Catch me if you can Isao!" He groaned and then took off after her. Raven and I both shifted, taking off after them as Corey manipulated the air to basically fly alongside us.

Kiyoko was very bratty. She ran, climbed, and even vanished a few times constantly eluding Isao until finally, she seemed to get very tired and just sat down in a field of forget-me-nots. "Have you given up, Kiyoko?" Isao asked her, coming to sit next to her.

"I suppose. I'm bored. You're not nearly as fast as I had thought you to be," she said, rolling her eyes. She shook and her tails - all nine- fanned out behind her. "Huh, we both have nine," she muttered.