Chapter 82

Hecate's POV

"Hello Callie," I whispered behind her. She spun around, her eyes widening.

"I thought I warned you, Hecate?" she snarled and I felt her magic start to build.

I threw the potion to the ground and watched as she gasped for air. "You see, when you know a true name, it carries power, Zia. It gives the wielder power to take your powers, your voice, even your very life," I laughed as fear filled her eyes. "However, I have something far more interesting planned for you, daughter of Lilith. Oh, yes, I know. I also know why and when you were cursed. Zilla always was a talented witch. So talented in fact that I wanted to find her the perfect gift." I placed my fingers on her forehead and watched her eyes whiten as my power surged through her, stealing the last drops of her magic. With a snap of my fingers, we appeared in the caverns. "Come," I called over my shoulder. "Take your prize, demon."

Avroclayth's POV

My heart sank when I saw Zia's frozen form before Hecate. I had failed her once again. I thought my death would have freed her from this madness. "Come. Take your prize, demon," Hecate said to me. I stepped forward, head bowed. Her command over me was even stronger than Zilla's had been. I could feel the sway of her ancient magic flow in me.

"What is your command, Hecate?" I asked, glancing briefly at Zia's form. Her eyes were white as the spell held her firm. I ached to hold her, to flee from this place with her.

Hecate gave a wicked laugh, "Prepare her for Zilla, demon. You are both my gift to her. Show her the error of your ways and make up for your failure, Avroclayth. I'm sure you can figure out how to make the cursed whore suffer while I round up the rest of her pathetic group."

"How long?" I asked when she placed Callie in my arms.

"As long as it takes me to gather them all. Time won't matter where I'm sending you," she smirked. "Now, let's make sure she knows escape is hopeless, shall we?" Hecate placed a finger on her forehead, "Awake child of Lilith. Awake and see your nightmare reborn." I felt my demon form swell as Callie's eyes opened and she let out a scream.

"No, no, no," she whimpered in my arms. Her scent put me on edge and I growled involuntarily.

"Remember my command, Avroclayth. You won't be given a third chance," the goddess warned and waved her hand, sending us into another dimension.

Callie's POV

Hecate waved her hand and we appeared in a rustic-looking village filled with stench and smoke. My stomach rolled from the smell. Avroclayth sighed as his crimson eyes met mine. I trembled as his arms wrapped around me and he leaned his forehead against mine, softly speaking, "Oubliette." I blinked and opened my eyes to find us in a room with no windows or doors. Only a bed and clawfoot bathtub.

"Where are we?" I squeaked, still in his embrace.

"The in-between, Zia. We need to talk away from Zilla and the others," he said quietly. He released me and I pulled away, uncertain of which way to go. He let out a frustrated sigh, shifted to his human form, and sat on the bed. "I'm not going to harm you. I thought I proved that with the twins."

I wanted to believe him, but now it appears he was working with Hecate. "I'm listening," I finally said, "How are you here - alive and working with Hecate? I watched you burn, Clay. I grieved for you."

His head snapped up, "You grieved for me?"

I stepped closer to him and placed my hand against his cheek. "For two months I could barely function. It felt like I had died with you."

He stared, open-mouthed for a moment, "I...I didn't know. I'm so sorry, Zia. I never thought you would be affected."

With a slight smirk, I asked using his own words from so long ago against him, "Don't you feel it, the connection, the desire - just below the surface, clawing to get out, to be satisfied?"

A wicked smile spread across his face as he gave a low growl that made my body heat. His voice was low and sultry as he asked, "And how should I satisfy this desire, my goddess?"

Oh, damn...  Trying to focus, I let out a shaky breath, "Answer my question, please."

"Fine, but I'm not forgetting that stunt, love."  He sighed in frustration, "When Zilla sent me to harm you and the twins, she was furious that I failed. She called in the oath and essentially killed me. Unfortunately for me, Hecate somehow intervened. I'm not really sure how or even why other than Zilla is her accolade, but she is keeping me on a rather short leash."

"So why are we here? What does she hope to accomplish?" I asked him. "If Sang's curse really is broken, then you aren't a threat are you?"

He laughed, "I'm wounded, my dear, way to emasculate me." He gave me a mock look of pain. I playfully swatted at his arm and rolled my eyes. "But in all seriousness, she expects me to torture you simply because I'm an incubus. She sent us to a pocket realm, I simply moved us to a nicer location."

"Why does she want me tortured?"

"You're a gift, Zia. She's going to offer you up to Zilla, well, Sang for whatever reason. Actually, she's offering both of us to her. A package deal of sorts." He sighed.

I huffed, "If she's offering us both up, then it can't be good, I mean, she's already killed you once. So what do we do? What happens when she pulls us back and I'm not a bloody mess?"

He pulled me close, nuzzled my neck, and purred, "Oh, my little goddess, I can make you a mess." My breath caught in my throat as I felt my body begin to warm. "As for Hecate," he muttered as his lips trailed along my neck, "a well-placed bite, two, or a dozen would indicate your submission." Before I could say anything, I felt his teeth nip at my skin. Not enough to draw blood, but enough to leave a bruise.

I know I should object, but my body didn't agree. Instead, I found myself leaning into the bites and kisses as small sounds left my throat. "Clay," I whined as his hand palmed my ass. His erection ground against my core and he growled low. My fingernails dug into his shoulders as his body partially shifted. His claws dug into my skin just enough to bring a few drops of blood to the surface. I could feel his essence building as he tugged my head back by my hair.

"Zia," he groaned, his eyes locked on mine as they danced with crimson fire. "I don't want to stop. I've never wanted anyone like this."

My voice shook as I admitted, "I don't want to stop either." His fangs sank into my neck as I bucked toward him crying out. Suddenly the room spun and we were in a large room with Hecate standing over us. Clay pulled his fangs from my neck and swiped the wound to stop the bleeding. Without even trying, I was a mess.

Hecate chuckled, "Guess you made good use of your time, Avroclayth. Your Mistress will be pleased." He growled at her. Of course, she took it as a positive response, but I knew better.

We will be fine, my demon, I told him in his mind, I trust you.

I saw the momentary flash of his eyes and felt his hands squeeze me. Thank you, my goddess.

Author's Notes:  So Hecate is back in the picture...hmmm.

Please vote, comment, share, and follow!