Chapter 14

Sean's POV

We felt a wave of magic surge through the packhouse as Phil and I exchanged confused glances, then a few moments later I heard yelling and a horrendous roar. Phil nodded and I dashed out, shifting before I'd even cleared the door. Raven had fully shifted and was attacking a large demon-like creature that slashed viciously at him. I could see both Henshaws lying prone - Corey had a stick or branch piercing his chest, while Brandon was pale but otherwise looked unscathed.

A hissing scream drew my attention as I saw a blur of black hair and pale skin rush toward Raven. In seconds, a gruesome ripping sound came from the tangle that was Callie, Raven, and the demon. Callie stood, fangs bared with the head of the thing in her hands, panting heavily. That jarred me enough to come to my senses and I quickly made my way toward Corey.

Shifting, I muttered, "Shit." The branch had missed most of his vital organs, but the blood loss was significant. I had no idea how to help. Elementals don't usually have healing powers, they just kind of recharge, but this...this was a catastrophic injury.

Raven, now in human form, dropped to his knees beside me stroking Corey's face, "Нет, нет, ты не можешь оставить меня, мое солнышко (No, no, you can't leave me, my sunshine.)" He glared at me, "Save him."

"Raven, I...I can't," I sighed, feeling helpless once again.

"I might be able to," her soft voice said from behind us. "I can give him my blood. It would help heal the wound more quickly."

"Would it turn him?" I asked

"Only if he still died, and even then it might not if he doesn't absorb enough." She looked at Raven, "He's your soulmate. You need to make this decision, bear."

"Nyet, he's ours. Do it," Raven gruffed with tears streaming down his cheeks. "I'll check on Brandon." He moved to check on him.

"How can I help?" I asked her, not moving. I suddenly became very aware that I was naked and blushed.

"I need to force some of my blood down his throat before we remove the branch. Is there any way you can have someone bring a cup?" she asked. "I may pass out, and if I do, then someone needs to give him more blood as well as apply some to the open wound."

I nodded and instantly mind-linked all of them, begging anyone who was available to bring a cup.

On my fucking way - Gabe responded - Axel and Marc are with Owen pushing the rogue stragglers back. They all seemed to leave after the magic wave fucking thing hit. We wondered where Callie had run off to.

I looked up to see her stroking Corey's forehead, whispering to him too softly for me to hear. I could see the love in her eyes as she gazed at him. I almost felt like I was interrupting a very private moment. "Gabe's on his way with the cup. What now?"

She gave a half-hearted chuckle, "Now, I get to bleed." Her fangs extended as she bit into her own wrist, then pressed it firmly to Corey's lips. "Can you help massage his throat? He's getting weaker."

I quickly did as she asked and watched in wonder as his coloring seemed to almost instantly improve. Within minutes, I didn't need to help, as he began pulling on her wrist. She whimpered slightly, then pulled back. "More," he rasped, his eyes lust-filled.

She stroked his cheek, "Soon, lover. For now, we need to get this stick out of you."

Gabe stepped up and gave a sharp laugh, "Well this is a really fucking odd sight. Here's the cup, Doc, and some shorts. Sorry Raven, I didn't know you were naked too," he snorted. Callie looked up and finally connected with the scene and blushed furiously. "Damn, girl, red looks good on you," Gabe said.

She gave him a playful glare and then said, "Hold the cup, please, Gabe." She bit her other wrist, then squeezed her arm, letting the blood fill it as he grimaced. She winked at him. "Now, when we pull the branch out, I need you to dump it in the open wound quickly. Corey, I'm going to have you drink from me at the same time."

I looked at her, noticing how pale she'd become. "Are you going to be okay?" I asked her.

She dismissed my concern, "I may pass out, but otherwise I'll be fine. Nothing some sleep won't fix." I didn't argue, but I also didn't believe she was being completely honest. "Okay, gentlemen, let's do this." Reaching under Corey, she snapped the branch as I pulled the other section through him. He let out a scream of pain, then Gabe dumped the blood as she placed her wrist against his lips again.

For a few moments, it felt more intimate than sex. He gripped her hair and brought her face to his, their eyes locked. His eyes flashed red as he continued to drink from her, and her body seemed to go slack.

"Corey, you need to stop," I told him, but he didn't listen. "Corey!" I yelled, drawing Raven's attention.

"Солнышко мое, остановись! Ты делаешь больно маленькому вампиру! (My sunshine, stop! You're hurting little vampire!)" That seemed to snap him out of his almost trance-like state and he released her wrist, then pressed her to him.

"I'm sorry, little one," he whispered as she whimpered and nodded slightly. "Thank you for saving me." He looked over and saw Brandon, still lying on the ground. "Is Brandon okay?"

"Da, he used too much magic. Needs to recharge," Raven answered, placing a kiss on both Corey's and Callie's heads. "You need rest too, both of you."

"What the hell happened?" Axel roared as he came running up.

"Demon attacked. Brandon and Corey fought him, but he was too strong. Little vampire and I kill it, then she saved my sunshine. Brandon used too much energy, needs to recharge," Raven summarized in his broken English.

Axel sputtered until his eyes fell on Callie, still lying with her head on Corey's now-healed chest. "Oh, Princess," he sighed, then lifted her in his arms. "You pushed too hard, didn't you?" She muttered something, then Axel flinched when he touched her shoulder, "What the fuck?" He pulled back her blouse, exposing a fleur de lis tattoo that made my heart stop. It was glowing.

"She's blessed," I whispered in awe.

Axel's eyes snapped to me, "How...how did you know?"

"I've been around, Axel," I replied, "I know a blessed symbol when I see one. I've just never seen one on a vampire. But wait, why is it glowing?"

"I don't know, but it's hot to the touch too," he said, then groaned a bit. "Oh shit."

I started to ask, but then the smell hit me as well - heat.

I looked up and saw a red sigil on the packhouse that suddenly flared and glowed like the mark on her shoulder. Oh fuck, I groaned, "Get her back to the cabin and in the basement. You and Marc need to stay with her since you're already bonded." I pointed to the sigil, "That is a very ancient spell. Soon every female in the pack boundary will be in full heat - mated or not. This is about to get very ugly, gentlemen."

Raven had already lifted Corey in his arms as the rest of our respective groups rejoined us. Nate lifted Brandon and they headed back. Axel held Callie tightly as she whimpered softly.

Owen's eyes narrowed, "The attack was just a distraction. That was their purpose. Once that spell goes full-blown, we are all vulnerable. Males will be so distracted by the females that they won't be able to focus on protecting the borders. We need a plan and fast."  

Author's Notes:  Hmm...what to do, what to do...

Oh, and did I mention I have three other stories going right now?  I'll be posting them soon.  I usually try to get at least ten to fifteen chapters before I post.  That's usually the point where I know if the story is viable or just going to fizzle out in my head.  

Keep your comments and suggestions coming, my lovelies!  Some of my storylines are a direct result of your input!