Chapter 6

Multiple POVs

Corey's POV

Well damn, when I said it would be nice for Axel to have someone I didn't think it was going to be a soulmate - and certainly not that quick. I looked around at the others as they all seemed to slightly implode at Raven's words, then my eyes fell on her. Her hands were white from gripping onto Axel's shirt, and she looked terrified. Brandon and Marc seemed pissed, which kinda surprised me, especially about Marc. The more everyone's voices raised, including Axel's, the more she seemed to shrink into herself. For a moment, she looked like she was going to say something, then her entire body went limp, dropping to the floor in a heap.

"Fuck!" Axel cried out as he scooped her up in his arms. "Callie," he said, trying to wake her, "Come on, Princess, open those pretty eyes for me."

"What's wrong with her?" I asked.

"How should I know," he snapped. What an idiot.

I knelt next to them, "Axel, she's your soulmate. Calm down and listen, really listen. Feel what's going on in her mind, in her soul."

His eyes widened as he started to understand what I was saying. The room fell silent as he ran his hand along her cheeks and closed his eyes. He pulled her closer and I saw tears start streaming down his cheeks as he took a ragged breath. "Oh, baby, I'm so sorry," he muttered, "please wake up, please. No one hates you."

His words were like a punch in the gut to the others. Their faces fell in shame, realizing that their own fears of losing a brother had sent her spiraling. "Take her to your room," I told him quietly. He nodded and carried her bridal style down the hall. Once his door had closed, I spun around and glared at my brothers. "You all are absolute fucking idiots!" I seethed. "Did you for one moment think about either of them or were you too busy worrying about yourselves?"

"She can't just waltz in here and take away our brother," Brandon barked.

I rolled my eyes at his stupidity. "She's not taking anyone away," I said, trying not to slap him upside the head. "Don't you all know anything about soulmates?" Marc and Brandon gave me blank stares. Raven huffed.

"Do you think Corey or I could live without each other?" he finally asked. They still gave blank stares, not understanding our point. "Soulmates are connected for life - even beyond. They can't leave each other - they die." That got Marc and Brandon's attention.

"Wait, are you telling me that if they leave each other it would kill them?" Marc gaped.

"Yes. Just like if anything were to happen to either of us," I motioned between Raven and myself, "the other would die soon after. Axel and Callie don't just love each other, their souls are literally connected now, just as it was always meant to happen," I explained. "How would you feel if you just found the person the universe destined to love you for all time, only to have your entire family attack them? For that matter, think of how she feels. She's lived for four hundred years. Four hundred years never knowing there was a soulmate out there waiting for her, and you all just threw a fit like toddlers accusing her of tearing apart this family. Well, the only people I see trying to tear apart the family are the two of you!" I seethed. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to blow off some steam before I cause an earthquake," I spat, then walked away, slamming the front door behind me.

Marc's POV

Corey stormed out of the house, the walls rattling as he slammed the door. Fuck. Now I feel like a complete ass. I mean, I actually like Callie. I even feel drawn to her, so maybe that's why it hurt so much to see her and Axel make that connection. Am I just jealous?