Chapter 7

Callie's POV

Upon further discussion, we decided that I would move in with the guys. It simply didn't make sense for Axel and me to bounce back and forth between my apartment and here. Not to mention, I think moving in sets a lot of fears to rest. Now, we all just need to work on the 'don't run around naked' situation - okay, Raven needs to work on it. Axel only runs around naked in our room, but then again, so do I.

"Hey Callie, can I get you to look at this?" Corey said, motioning to his computer screen. He pointed to a dark-colored sedan sitting outside my old apartment building. "Do you know this car?"

I looked at it for a few moments, then answered, "No. I can't recall having seen it before. Why?"

"Well, it's been staking out the building for a couple of days now. We hadn't taken down the surveillance cameras just in case, and I'm starting to think it might be our hunters or at least someone working for them," he said, watching me closely. I'm sure I went pale. He jumped up quickly and took my arm, lowering me to a chair. "Callie, look at me," he said gently, lifting my chin. "I need you to slow your breathing." He ran his hand over my chest, pressing his palm against me. It felt cool and I looked down to see blue wisps of magic wrapped around his wrist. "That's it, nice and easy, little one," he continued to talk to me as my breathing returned to normal.

"What are you?" I finally asked when I had caught my breath.

He gave me a goofy grin, "Brandon and I are both elementals. You were panicking and the cold helped calm you."

"I've never met an elemental before, let alone two. That's amazing," I said honestly.

"Neither had I, Princess," Axel said, coming to sit next to me. "Thanks, Corey. I felt her panic, but I wasn't close enough."

Giving him a smile, Corey answered, "My pleasure," then leaned in to whisper into my ear, "you feel amazing, little one. I'm thoroughly jealous of Axel now." I looked at him in confusion, then followed his gaze down to my open blouse where he'd placed his hand. "Allow me." He pulled my blouse buttons together, but not before his fingers grazed along my skin. My breath caught in my throat as our eyes met. What was this strange pull I felt? I mean, Axel is my soulmate, so why would I feel this way about Corey?

He held my gaze as he buttoned my blouse, then his eyes flicked toward Axel. I looked at him, surprised to see no anger, no jealousy. I shifted in my seat, and started to get up when Axel leaned closer asking, "Why are you so conflicted?" Shit - the connection. I completely forgot he'd be able to feel my emotions. He grabbed my hand and squeezed. "Are you attracted to him?" I noticed Raven enter the room, standing just behind Corey, his eyes watching us all intently.

"I...I don't know," I stammered. "I don't understand any of this."

"Hey guys, not to interrupt, but we might have a problem," Brandon said, storming into the room. "That same car is now at Sam's. He asked us to come down immediately, but stay hidden."

"You should stay here," Axel said, grabbing his coat and a gun.

"Like hell I am," I growled. He started to argue but I just slammed my lips against his. "I'll be damned if I lose you now, besides, I'm not defenseless, you know."

"I want to see what маленький вампир can do," Raven chuckled. Again, I felt a stirring in my stomach and quickly averted my eyes.

****

Axel and I sat in his car across from the diner watching as Marc and Brandon went in, pretending to order some food to go. Corey and Raven had entered through the back and were meeting with Sam on an open connection. "One of the men from Callie's memory is here," Sam told them. "It's not Clay, but the other one. He's not human, but some kind of tracker demon. I'm old enough, he can't detect my scent, but he was snooping around where Axel and Callie had been the other morning for breakfast."

"Fuck," I swore under my breath. "Sam, how much scent does he need to track me? Am I leading them straight to Axel and the guys? What about my office?"

The line was silent for a moment, "I'm not sure. The fresher the scent, the easier it is to track."

"What if we take her somewhere where their scents can be covered?" Corey suggested.

"It would have to be a large area with multiple supernatural scents to cover her. Being around the five of you helps, but it isn't enough. You should avoid the office for now, Callie. Your scent would stand out like a sore thumb."

"Corey, are you suggesting what I think?" Axel asked.

"Yeah, Ax. I don't see any other options," he said hesitantly.

I heard Raven grumbling in the background, "Fucking wolves." Wait, did he mean werewolves? I turned to Axel, my eyes widening as he confirmed my unspoken question, nodding his head.

"Alright, I'll call the Blackbourne pack and see if they'll help," Axel said. "Everyone head back to the condo, and we'll get squared. Thanks for the help, Sam. Sorry, we brought our shit to your front door."

"No worries. You just keep her safe - all of you," he growled. A chorus of voices agreed to my safety, but in my mind, I was more concerned with theirs. 

A short transition chapter to bring in our Blackbourne men - uh, well, werewolves.  Hehehe...

Please remember to vote, comment, follow, and share!