Chapter 15

Callie's POV

Axel's familiar smell filled my senses. I tried to sit up, but a shooting pain filled me and I cried out. A cool washcloth was pressed to my forehead. "Shh, Princess, just try to rest," Axel whispered in my ear.

"Brandon, Corey," I muttered.

"They're safe, sweetheart, safe and resting," Marc answered. I felt his hand on my hip and instinctively pressed backward, coming into contact with his skin. "Fuck baby," he groaned. I felt like I was burning up. I moaned and ground my hips against him. I needed him to touch me. "Ax, what do I do here?"

"I don't know, I'll call Sean," Axel answered. "Hey Sean, what's safe? Yeah, uh huh, okay, thanks, man. Good luck up there. We'd help, but we're really clueless about all this. Other than Raven, none of us know a thing about heat."

Heat? "What's heat," I muttered.

Axel chuckled, "Well, Princess, it's what's happening to you and every other female in the pack right now. The thing you killed did some kind of spell. Female wolves go into heat when they seal a mate bond or when they have their cycles. I don't know much more than that, except it causes males to go a bit nuts with desire."

The phone rang and he answered then held it out to me, "Sean wants to ask a few questions if you're up to it." I nodded and he held the phone to my ear.

"Sean," I whimpered, trying not to cry.

"Oh, Callie, I'm so sorry," he cooed softly. "I'll try to be quick. I just want to ask what your symptoms are and how you are feeling. I'm trying to find a way to counter the spell."

"I feel like I'm on fire and really fucking horny. My throat is dry and touches make my skin hurt, but feel good at the same time. Does that make any sense?" I asked.

Sean gave a soft chuckle, "Well, it sounds like a normal she-wolf heat. I just don't understand why it's impacting you. Axel said you were a pureblood, and, I, um, saw the mark. Callie, it glowed when the spell activated. Do you know why?"

I groaned when I shook my head, "No. Call Sam. He owes both Axel and me a favor. Tell him I'm calling mine in. I...I need to see Corey. Can I do that safely?"

Sean coughed and I heard both Axel and Marc make sounds. "Well, it, um, might be risky. He was already reacting to you with the blood. Now with the spell... Just realize things might get out of hand, but then again, it might happen no matter what if we can't get this under control."

"Sean, how do you stop a she-wolf's heat?" He went silent for a few moments. "Sean?"

"Pregnancy or the cycle ends. But with this being a magically induced cycle, I have no way to tell when or even if it will end. Most she-wolves can't survive heat unless they get a sexual release even if it isn't intercourse." I heard his voice drop, "I'm sorry Callie, but I think it's going to get worse for you before this is done."

"Thank you, Sean, and you have nothing to be sorry for. I'm a big girl," I tried to laugh, "I think I can handle these frisky boys down here, just keep that basement door locked or I'll never walk again."

He let out a long laugh and said, "I'll do my best, but if I'm being honest, you do smell amazing my dear." Oh, fuck...that was sexy. "Drink lots of water and make sure those boys take care of you. Call if you need anything."

"Thanks, bye Sean," I said and Axel hung up the phone.

Axel chuckled, "He's not wrong. You smell fucking delicious, Princess." His lips nuzzled my neck and that was all it took. In seconds I'd flipped him onto his back and growled as my fangs sank into his neck. "Gods, oh fuck," he moaned as his hips bucked upward. He tangled his hand in my hair and then I felt a hard slap across my ass. I yelped, letting go of his neck. He growled at me, "That, little girl, wasn't very nice." I gave him a small hiss, and he slapped my ass again. This time he kept his hand on my bottom and rubbed where he'd just struck. I felt the rush of warmth to my core instantly. Both he and Marc groaned audibly.