Chapter 59

Multiple POVs

Marc's POV

Kota had returned with a sad expression. We could all see how visibly shaken he was. None of us wanted to keep watching her suffer. It was wearing on all of us. I was sipping a cup of tea on the couch next to Axel when suddenly I found myself standing in the middle of a desert next to Set as he roared about his exploits. Wait, I remember this. One of the perks of being a phoenix is that I don't really forget my past lives, they just get dim sometimes. From the corner of my eye, I saw her walking up. Well fuck me - I already knew her.

"Ahh there she is now, my partner in crime," he laughed as she took his hand and hugged him tightly.

She put a finger to his lips, "Shh, stop bragging before you get us both in trouble." Her eyes danced with mischief. She held her hand out to me, "Hello, I'm Taweret."

Placing a kiss on her hand, I smirked, "Aten. A pleasure to meet you Taweret." I felt a jolt pass through us, just as it had with Callie. Her eyes narrowed and I wondered if she too was feeling the past and future merge.

Nar?i (my fire) - I heard in my mind as she squeezed my hand.

Naeam habibi. Ana maeak dayima. (Yes, my love. I am with you always.) I replied.

Set gave us both odd looks, then grinned, "I think you should get better acquainted," and with that, he turned and walked away.

I pulled her against me, her body molding into mine, and pressed my lips to hers. Her fingernails dug into my shoulders as she whimpered. When our mouths parted, she whispered, "How? How is it that I know you and remember everything this time, but never before?"

"I don't know love, but the moment I laid eyes on you it all came flooding back," I replied. "I know you now as Taweret and in the future as Callie. I can also remember a few other times we have crossed our lives." I paused, then said, "I can also remember Sang or who she once was. There was a time in medieval France when we all knew each other as well as Axel. Do you remember?" I watched her face scrunch as she thought, then made an oh expression as the memories returned to her.

"What do we do? This incarnation doesn't seem to be aligned with my previous cursed ones," she asked, "Not to mention, where's Sam?"

"I don't know. We need to speak with Ra," I suggested. "I trust him completely. Perhaps he can offer some guidance." She agreed and taking my hand, we headed to the temple of my patron god.

Without a word or moment of hesitation, guards stepped aside for us and we were ushered into the inner chambers of Ra's temple.

"Aten, Taweret," Ra said, his deep voice resounding off the temple walls. "I see you have gained your sight."

"You knew?" I asked in shock. He merely smiled and nodded in a fatherly manner. "So...so what does this mean, and what do we do now?"

He gave us both a sympathetic look, "Now you must seek out Isis in the Underworld. She has information for both of you that I am not privy to." He leaned forward, his fingers pressed together, "Be cautious. Dear Taweret, you will not find this path ending as the others. I was able to thwart the curse this time, but know it did come at a price. I had to strip you and Aten of the ability to have children in this lifetime."

She gave a small gasp, then grinned up at him. "Thank you Ra, I think fate has decided to make up for that. In my current incarnation, I carry Marc, well, Aten's child now along with another."

Ra's eyes widened, "The prophecy is coming to pass then. A child of fire and a child of shadow shall rise to lead the tribes and restore the balance. You must be ready."

"What prophecy? We don't know about this?" she asked. "My mother didn't mention it."

"Ahh, your mother has found you, good. You will need her guidance soon." He smiled again, "It is not you who will lead Taweret, but your children. Your consorts will father great leaders, skilled and powerful mages that will help bring the lost worlds into balance once again. The prophecy foretold that you would give birth to twins - one child of light, one child of shadow. Aten's child will be of light - a phoenix just as he is and carry my line of power. The second is a child of the night, yes?"

We both stiffened, "Yes, his father is a halfling. His mother was a vampire," I answered.

Ra's eyes softened, "Ahh, I see she is not the only one who found her other consorts. He is your lover as well, correct?" I nodded, my cheeks slightly flushing. "Good," he continued, "That is part of the prophecy as well. There will be other bonds within the collective that will help strengthen you all. Isis will know the details of the shadow child even though he is not of our line. Aten, lead her through the pyramid tunnels. You know the way."

He stood and stepped directly in front of us. "But before you continue, allow me." He took our left hands in his and spoke, "I bind you and your consorts in this life and all that follows by the light of the sun. I bless the child that comes from this union with my powers. May they lead all those they touch into the light of prosperity and truth." A bright glow covered us both, then settled into her stomach. In the back of our minds, we both felt Axel's rush of emotion. A golden serpent suddenly appeared and wrapped around our wrists. It nipped both of us as it slithered and then seemed to sink into our skin, leaving a tattoo on our wrists.

We bowed our heads in thanks and I led her to the tunnels. "Um, did he just do what I think he did?" she stammered.

I gave her a wicked grin, "Why yes he did, my lovely wife. Now, let's finish this so we can get you home so that I can properly worship you and our husband on our wedding night." She let out a small squeak that made me grin even more.

Sam's POV

"What the hell are you doing here!" Lilith shouted at me.

"I have no idea," I admitted. "One minute I'm with Callie and Kota, the next I'm here. Who's with her?"

Axel grinned, "Marc. I'd fair to say she's safe with him. Phoenix powers are unmatched." I could see the pride in his eyes as he spoke of the man he loved.

"A phoenix?" Lilith asked. "Do tell me what other rare creatures has my daughter bound herself to?"

"Well, I'm a Kitsune and wolf half-breed, Corey and Brandon are elementals, Axel is half vampire, and everyone else is a shifter - wolves mostly, except Raven who's a bear. Of course, some of us have extra abilities. Then again, there's Gabriel who's a bursting combination of Darwin's grab bag now," Sean grinned.

"Stupid fucking fox," Gabe glared at him.

Sean's green eyes sparkled as Isao tittered near the surface. 

Author's Notes: Prophecy you say???

Please share, vote, comment, and follow, my lovelies!