Chapter 87

Avroclayth's POV

This had to be the most bizarre thing I'd experienced and given my incubus nature, that's saying something. I was fully aware but literally frozen in mid-motion of having sex with Zia. Even more agonizing was I still felt the desire and urge to move, but couldn't. At least I was holding her. I could hear her in the link talking with the others - I wonder if she or they realized that? How is all of this going to work? I don't exactly see them welcoming me with open arms.

Oh shut up, demon boy! If she says you're in, then you're in - Gabriel snorted in my head.

Wait, what the fuck? Did you really just hear my inner monologue? I sputtered

Hehe, most of us did - Kieran laughed. She stopped the spell, so we are here, well our shifter sides are for most of us. Luke, brother, how are you holding up?

It's like I'm in a fog, but I don't feel like I'm slipping anymore, he answered. Gareth, have you been able to reach Sean, Isau, or Kai?

No, and I can't hear her conversation with him either, well if she even reached him. He's much deeper than the rest of us. I'm worried. His voice was deep and filled with concern.

Fuck! I shouted in my head. Um, guys, something's happening to her - she, she's changing.

What do you mean changing? Ronan growled, explain now!

Her stomach is swelling, but we're locked in the spell and not moving. Her consciousness isn't even here right now - what the fuck? I gasped, wanting to move so desperately. Her body suddenly began to convulse and then I felt a snapping sensation as the spell collapsed. Her eyes flew open in a panic and she was sobbing. I clutched her to me, "Zia, what happened? Please, love, talk to me," I begged her.

"He, he's trapped...I can't," she muttered. I pressed my lips to hers.

Take a breath, my goddess and tell us what happened, I absentmindedly ran my hand over her stomach, trying to calm her. In her panic, I'd forgotten.

She gasped and put her hand over mine - What? When did this happen? How long was I under? We all felt the surge of panic in the link.

Slow down, Princess. It just happened a few moments ago. Clay was trying to explain when you woke up, Axel said in a calming tone. Can either of you describe what happened to Callie physically, then she can explain about Sean.

I look like I'm about three months pregnant - she pouted, My stomach is extended into a baby bump now.

Wait, didn't Hecate and Sang say something about deciding when the baby would be born and accelerating the pregnancy? Could they have done that earlier? Brandon asked, Did they give you anything that you remember?

She frowned and shifted. I had to bite my tongue not to moan, realizing I was still balls deep inside of her and semi-hard. She took my blood, but that's it. Well, I guess we did eat the food here in the chamber before I started the spell.

Could the food have been spelled? Gabe asked.

But I ate the same thing, I said.

Yes, but you're not pregnant. If she took blood, she most likely customized the potion to Callie so that it would react specifically to her alone, Aiden replied.

Not to be rude, Gareth said, but can you please tell me if my mate is harmed? I need to know about him. We could all feel his fear and apprehension.