Chapter 39

Multiple POVs

Gabe's POV

When that myriad of colorful lights surrounded her, it suddenly shone pure fucking white. Her eyes were icy blue and she looked like she had walked out of a fucking mythology book. I found it hard to even breathe and fell to my knees alongside Charon.

"What? I can't see myself you guys, what is it?" she asked nervously, looking down at us.

"Ériu was right, Calista. You are a goddess," I said reverently.

She looked down at herself and blinked, "I can't see anything different. I don't understand."

I held my hand out to her, the colors fading as she took it. I didn't even stop to think, I just leaned in and kissed her. Her small gasp was all the encouragement I needed. I wrapped my arms around her and held tight as my tongue pushed against her lips and darted inside her mouth. I began to nibble down her neck as she whimpered slightly. "Ma chérie," I whispered in her ear.

A cough stopped us in our movements. We both looked up and remembered Charon. He watched us awkwardly, then cleared his throat again, "My Lady, I still must take you to the other side."

"Fuck," I grumbled as she blushed.

"Of course, Charon," she said softly. She tried to pull away, but I held her firmly in my lap as we continued to the other side. When the boat reached the shore, I stepped out and held out my hand to her. Charon held one hand to her as well. She took his hand without hesitation and then shocked the ferryman as she embraced him. "Thank you, my friend," she told him.

If it were even possible, I swear he smiled. "Find your power, my Lady. You are a goddess, therefore you are equal to those who wish to harm you. Do not let them defeat you."

Her eyes glistened as she smiled, "I will do my best, Charon."

She took my hand and stepped onto the shore. The moment both feet touched the ground, a ripple of magic made the ground shudder. Charon's voice boomed ominously, "The wheel stops."

Brandon's POV

When Corey fell to the ground, Raven yelled, cradling him in his arms, "мое солнышко! Sean, help!"

Sean quickly knelt and began checking him over. He shook his head, "Nothing's wrong that I can tell. It's almost exactly like when the six of you collapsed before. Can you feel him through your bond?"

Raven muttered, "Nyet, it's like he's deep sleeping."

"Let's get him and Marc back to the cabin. Then we can start figuring out what is happening and what has Sam so fucking freaked," I suggested.

"Now, start talking, Sam," I demanded once we had Corey situated. Marc was leaning against Axel, drinking copious amounts of water. "What do you mean she can't beat them? What have you gotten her into?"

He looked terrified. "I didn't know, please, I didn't. Hecate twisted things. She and Hades..."

"They think Callie's child will help them take Olympus," Marc said angrily.

"H...how do you know that," Sam sputtered.

Marc jerked his thumb toward Silas, "His wolf gave Callie all the dirty secrets and magic to boot. She knows already. Just like Lisette thinks a child from Callie would give her rights to Selene's throne if she kills off Callie. What the hell is up with you Greeks and killing mothers?"

"She's a fertility goddess," Victor said, dropping a heavy book on the coffee table before us. "I've found her in over a thousand myths, each one tied to fertility. Most of which she is sacrificed or murdered. Her lifeblood gives the land new life, new opportunities."