Chapter 60

Axel's POV

I felt a rush of emotions and choked on my drink as I continued to watch over Marc. I swear he smiled in his sleep state.

Nate looked over at me, "You okay, man?"

I nodded, smiling at the way he and Kota were trying to comfort Brandon. I have to admit, when I saw their claim marks on his neck a few days ago, I was really shocked. I mean, I'd already made the connection between him and Kota, but I really didn't see the whole thing with Brandon.

"Hey, what's that?" he asked. I froze in fear when I saw the tiny golden snake appear around both my and Marc's wrists. Then I heard a powerful voice in my head - I bind you and your consorts in this life and all that follows by the light of the sun. Then the snake nipped both of us and seemed to sink into our skin leaving a tattoo. My heart filled with love as I closed my eyes and smiled.

"Wait, what the fuck just happened?" Gabe asked, looking around for the snake.

"Check Callie's wrist," I grinned, "If I'm not mistaken, Ra just performed a binding ceremony on Marc and Callie, and he included me in the ritual." I held up my wrist and laughed, "I think I just got married."

They all stared at me in shock, then I felt like I was being swallowed and darkness took over.

****

At first, I wasn't sure if my eyes were even open, the room was so dark. "Axel?" her soft voice spoke behind me. I spun around to see Callie and Marc looking like they'd stepped out of a scene from that old Cleopatra movie talking with a tall Egyptian woman. "Axel, how are you here?" she asked.

"I brought him," the woman said. "His patron needs to speak with him."

"Uh, would anyone care to let me in on what is happening?" I asked, completely confused.

Marc stepped over and took my hand, smiling at the tattoo on my wrist, "I see you got your wedding band." He leaned in and stole a quick kiss then brought me closer to the women. "Axel, this is Isis. She has information about your child and what is happening." He quickly explained what Ra had shared with them and told me about the sudden blessing and binding. Wow, never thought I'd get married, let alone by a god and vicariously.

Isis interrupted, "It is not I who has information, but his patron. She needs to speak with him outside their pantheon. There are, um, circumstances." We all looked in confusion until I heard a voice that had me dropping to my knees.

"Axel, my son."

She looked exactly the way she had the last time I saw her - deep, rich black eyes with ebony hair flowing down to her waist. Her skin was like fine porcelain and she smelled like the soil after a warm summer rain. She knelt before me and cupped my cheek, "I never meant to leave you or your father, my son. But I am so proud of the man you've become and what is still to come."

"H...how are you here?" I stammered.

She gave me a forlorn look, then pulled us both to our feet. "I have come to tell you the remainder of the prophecy. It is time for you and your consorts to know your destiny. She took a step back and a fine black mist enveloped her, revealing her true identity. Before me stood the goddess Nyx - mother of night and vampires.

I know my mouth had to be gaping open as I stared. It was Callie who finally spoke. "But if you're Nyx, then how did you die?"

My mother let out a sigh, "I fell in love. Axel's father and I loved one another so deeply that I relinquished my immortal form for a while. I had no intention of leaving them, but when the demon, Avroclayth, came searching for Axel, I did the only thing I knew to do. I shed my mortal form and sent us both into the primordial pits. I knew it wouldn't kill either of us technically, but it would buy your father time to get you to safety."

"You left him," I growled. "He couldn't live without his soulmate. By leaving you may have saved me, but you killed him!"

"Do not speak to your mother that way!" a deep voice boomed from the darkness. My heart stopped as I watched my father come to stand next to Nyx. He took her hand and kissed her temple. "I am the one who tried to kill myself, Axel. Your mother saved me. However, by fully turning me, it forced both of us to stay far away from you. Our very scent would lead the hunters and demons to you. It would have led them to her," he nodded toward Callie. "We are sorry for keeping the truth from you, Axel, but soon you will understand what it means to be a parent and put the needs of your child before yourself."

I wanted to be angry, I wanted to scream, but I also wanted to cry like a child. I felt Callie's hand take my left hand, then Marc took my right. Instantly, my body calmed as we felt the connection swell. I let out a cleansing breath, "So what do we need to know?"

With a hopeful smile, my mother began, "Ra already explained the destiny of Marc's child. However, your child will be of shadow, just as I am."

"Does that mean they will be evil?" Callie asked with a hint of fear in her voice.

"Not at all," Nyx said. "Light and dark are meant to coexist. One cannot be without the other. Your children will be strongly bound and with guidance will help to bring nations into their rightful places."

"They will restore the dark places to their rightful purpose," Isis added. "As you've already seen, some do not understand or value their roles in the balance. Your child will help offer balance, restoration, and peace. A child of darkness and shadow can often make more impact than those of light. Their strength comes from a deep well in the very heart of all that is." I knew exactly what she meant by indirectly referencing Hades and Hecate.

"So is that why you had to meet us here?" I asked my mother, "To avoid Hades and Hecate?"

She gave a sad look, "Sort of." I noticed my father held her tighter, then whispered in her ear. She gave a resolute nod. "The gods do not yet know you are my child. We had to keep it a secret. Hera and several others are not welcoming to demi-gods. That's what you are, Axel, you're a demi-god."

"That sounds familiar," Callie scoffed. My mother gave her a soft, knowing look.

"So wait, he's immortal?" Marc sputtered, then hollered, "Hell yes!" I just rolled my eyes at him. "What, can you blame me? I was terrified I'd lose you eventually, but now, well fuck this is perfect - all three of us are basically immortal."

I kissed him with another eye roll then turned my attention back to my parents, "So what now?"

She stepped forward and placed our hands together then held them tight. Her voice seemed to fill the chamber as thin wisps of black wound around us. "I bind you and your consorts in this life and all that follow in dark and shadow. I bless the child that comes from this union with my powers. May they lead all those they touch through the dark and shadows to find their true purpose." Her magic swirled around us then the wisps curled around the golden snake tattoo and settled into the eyes, making them sparkle like black diamonds. She then released Marc and Callie's hands, holding only mine. "For you my son, I give your final gift." She placed her hand on my chest and spoke as I felt a wave of darkness flow into me, and I closed my eyes, hearing only her voice. "Axel Toma, my son, I restore your full power and birthright. You are a child of shadow, wielder of dark and dreams, descendant of the Void. You are protótypo vampír - agnó (original vampire - pure), as your child will be."

It was like a veil had been pulled away from my eyes when I opened them. I'd always had some enhanced capabilities, but this was far more. I could see every detail of the chamber despite the darkness. I could hear even slight bugs tunneling into the dirt. I heard Callie give a slight moan and chuckled. They both smelled amazing so I could only imagine how I now smelled to them. My mother smiled and nodded.

I spun and pulled them both against me, sinking my fangs into Marc's neck as he clenched at my arm, his moan filling the chamber. When I let go, I instantly switched to Callie, drinking deeply. I want you both so damn much right now - I growled in their minds. I was rewarded with whimpers and moans of desire.

Author's Notes: Soon we will get the full history...

Please comment, vote, follow, and share!