Chapter 32

Multiple POVs

Callie's POV

I opened my eyes and sighed. I felt Marc's even breathing and wondered how long I'd been gone. I leaned up, doing my best not to wake him. Holding out my hand, I called to his fire, then giggled as I made it start to swirl using Brandon's air power.

A slow clap came from the doorway. "Nice parlor tricks, vampire," Sarah's mate mocked. "Maybe you can toss a few of those at Hades and Cerberus for fun. I'm sure they'll find it quite entertaining."

"What are you talking about now, demon?" I glared.

"I have a name you know," he snapped.

"So do I, but you never bother to use it and you have never bothered to tell me yours," I retorted sarcastically.

"Elatha," he said curtly.

I gaped, "As in the Irish prince of darkness?" He chuckled and bowed with an exaggerated flourish. I giggled, "So what did you mean about Hades?"

He frowned, "Come, Sarah and I need to tell you more about the prophecy." He noticed me yawn, "You need food before you sleep as well. Dream-walking is difficult even without the, ahem, extra-curricular activities." I blushed and told him we would be right out.

Turning around to Marc, I saw him giving me a coy smile. "So how was your visit?" he said in a high-pitched voice. I rolled my eyes and sent a small push of air at him, fluffing his hair and the sheets. "Ohh, that good," he chuckled, "So who's next on the agenda?"

I frowned thinking about that. "I'm not sure. Maybe I'll know more after we visit with Sarah and Elatha. They want us to join them for food and to discuss something about Hades." Marc's face suddenly went slack. His eyes flashed silver for a few seconds then he groaned and buried his head in his hands. "Well, that isn't very encouraging," I muttered.

"Sorry, sweetheart," he said, scooting over to me and kissing my cheek. "We really need to talk with them and you have to get a move on with the others. Time isn't on our side." I huffed and got up, heading to the door with Marc right behind me.

****

"You have got to be fucking kidding me," I hollered. "How in the absolute fuck am I supposed to challenge both Hades and Cerberus? Why would that even be a plan? Who the fuck came up with this shit show?"

"Do not raise your voice to my mate!" Elatha roared, jumping to his feet, and leaning towards me.

Within seconds, Marc's frame was fully engulfed in flames as he moved to protect me from Elatha.

Sarah and I exchanged a brief glance before reprimanding both men, "Sit down and be quiet!" They both gaped at us, then sat down grumbling.

Sarah pinched the bridge of her nose as she spoke, "Callie, this isn't up for debate. Stop being so literal and calm down. Challenging Hades doesn't imply a physical fight, but instead a mental one. Now, Cerberus, well that very well may be a physical fight. You already have two shifter mates. Let them be your guides in a physical battle. Who is a strategist?"

I looked at Marc, "Corey is brilliant, but would he be a match for Hades?"

"I agree he's brilliant, but you need someone who thinks ten moves ahead. You need Owen," he replied.

I felt my heart clench. "Owen and I never..."

Elatha banged his fist on the table, "Dammit, Callie! Don't you realize they are all your mates! How can you be so blind? You have to stop thinking like a human. WE have pulled you here to my realm - freezing time for you, but I can only hold it for so long. Sooner or later, your guide will appear, and even I cannot stop that. As a child of Selene, you are subject to the Greek gods and their laws."