Chapter 62

Corey's POV

"Are you nervous?" I asked her as she fidgeted with a string on her outfit. She didn't respond. "Callie?"

Her head popped up, "Huh? Sorry, Corey, what did you say?"

I chuckled and sat down next to her, taking her hands in mine. "I asked if you were nervous, but I think you already answered." Her cheeks flushed and she bowed her head.

"That obvious, huh?" she said, trying to laugh.

I put my arm around her shoulder, "So what has you so worried?"

"What if...the curse, well what if we can't break it? I don't want to keep living like this, Corey. Don't get me wrong, I want to be with all of you, and goddess knows I want these babies, but I don't want to keep living through the losses and death." Large tears fell down her cheeks as she spoke. "I'm so scared," her voice broke as a sob tore from her chest.

"Oh little one, please don't cry," I said, trying to soothe her. "Things are different this time, Callie. You've got your parents fighting for you, and all of us are here this time, not just one or two of us." She nodded and sniffled, trying to stop her crying. "Not to mention, we know their pattern now. That alone puts us ahead. Come on, let's go find out what color Gabe gets to paint the nursery," I chuckled and pulled her up.

I used my shirttail to dry her eyes and we walked into the large exam room. Most of the rooms were large in their pack hospital. Turns out werewolves are very family oriented and tend to all gather when a baby is born. Large rooms make it easier for extended family to come. Sean noticed her puffy eyes and raised his eyebrows at me, but didn't say anything to her. I just shook my head.

"Hey sweetheart," he said gently. "Let's see some babies, yeah?"

She smiled, "I'd like that." He helped her onto the small bed as Axel and Marc came to stand on either side of her. "So daddies, any hopes or predictions?"

They both laughed, "Healthy," Axel said.

"Not on fire," Marc chuckled.

Callie's eyes went wide, "Is that possible?" Marc just shrugged his shoulders and grinning, he leaned down and kissed her head. She blew out a breath, "Alright, let's get this show on the road, Sean."

He tucked the towel into her pants and applied the gel, then began swirling the wand over her belly. Pretty soon the fuzzy image of little feet filled the screen. He moved the wand some more and we could see their heartbeats. There were dark spots that confused all of us. He grinned, "So Gabe, how much was the pool?"

Gabe snorted, "Well it was fairly split. 5 said boy/girl, 6 said both girls, and the other 3 said both boys. Who's getting paid, Doc?"

"Looks like a 6-way split, gentlemen. We have two healthy baby girls!" He proclaimed as everyone cheered.

Callie remained silent, rubbing her belly. I noticed she looked worried, and Axel must have noticed as well. He knelt beside her, "Hey, what's wrong?"

"What if they hate each other, the way my sister hates me?" Her eyes were rimmed with tears and the room fell silent at her question. My heart broke for her. I couldn't imagine Brandon and I hating one another. Our connection as brothers was so strong. I guess I never really stopped to think how it made her feel to know that it was her own twin harming her and her children all this time. It would almost be kinder to have been a stranger.

"We won't let that happen, Princess," he told her. "These little girls will be showered with love and affection. They will never doubt they are loved equally by all of us," he told her as he placed his hand on hers.

"Axel's right, my love. We will all teach them the importance of family," Marc told her as he placed his hand over Axel's.

"Hey guys," Luke said, pointing to the monitor. "Do babies usually do that?"

We all looked at the monitor that was now swirling with movement. It was as if each baby were glowing - one lighter, one darker. They both pressed closer to the place on Callie's stomach where the three of them had their hands.

"I was fucking right," Gabe muttered.

"Right about what?" Callie asked, her eyes still glued to the screen as Sean held the wand still.

"They already have magic. I think they have all along. When Sang pulled us into that pocket dimension, she had no idea you were pregnant, Callie, and neither did Avroclayth. I seriously doubt either of us would have fucking survived if they had known," he explained. "I thought then that they were concealing themselves somehow, now I'm sure. Nyx and Ra were right. Your daughters are going to be powerful, maybe more fucking powerful than all the gods and goddesses."

Marc put his finger under her chin and shut her mouth. "Breathe baby."

She scowled at him, "Breathe? You try birthing the wonder twins, buddy! I mean how the hell do you discipline magical babies? If they're abilities are more than ours, how do we keep them under control?" She looked at Sean, "I need drugs, Sean. Lots of drugs." Much to her dislike, we all chuckled as she frowned and rolled her eyes. She spoke to her stomach, "No fires, no interdimensional travel without supervision, and no summoning things, do you hear me, my beautiful little girls?"

I swear the screen on the monitor flashed brighter as if they were answering her.

Author's Notes:  I thought a short baby update was needed.