Chapter 89

Callie's POV

When I felt Kait and Kiyoko rejoin me, my body vibrated. I turned my full attention to Hecate and began letting my full magic flow. It was as if I had a combination of Marc and Axel's magic covering my flesh. "I warned you what would happen if you messed with my family again, Hecate," I hissed, moving toward her.

I saw the fear rising in her eyes. "You can't," she sputtered, "I...I took your magic."

I laughed loudly, "You took my demonic powers, yes." I created a ball of flames that swirled with a mixture of black wispy shadows and grinned, "However, thanks to you and my sister, I now have my full goddess powers." she gaped. I rubbed my stomach, "I have everything I've ever wanted now, well, except justice, but I can solve that fairly easily." I threw the ball toward her as she yelped and darted backward. The flames caught her across the chest, leaving a large scorch mark.

"You can't kill me! I'm a goddess," she raved.

In the blink of an eye, I teleported behind her, plunging my hand into her back and pulling her head close to my mouth, "So am I," I growled. "I condemn you to darkness, Hecate. You are cursed to the crossroads for your crimes. Should you manage to find the light again someday, your curse will lift, but only the Fates can decide that." She gasped as I ripped her heart out, "Iluntasunean bizi zaitez gorrotoa eta jelosia zure bihotzean gehiago bizi ez arte (In darkness dwell until hate and jealousy no longer reside in your heart)," and then took a bite of it. She was instantly engulfed in shadow and fire as she screeched.

Samael came up next to me, "Lilith and I will escort her to the crossroads. Your mother will need some time in the Underworld to heal," he said gently, kissing my forehead. I nodded and gave him a brief hug. He then took her hand and with a flick of their wrists, the three disappeared.

"Pala madarikatua!" I heard Sang yell as Clay screamed out, "NO!" I felt a searing pain in my stomach and staggered. Looking down I saw the cursed blade protruding from the side of my stomach. I swayed again as Sean caught me and gently lowered me to the ground.

"I win, you bitch," Sang cackled as Clay held her arms behind her back. "I win."

"Sean, do something!" North boomed. Everything sounded so far away.

I felt Gabriel's hand on my cheek and saw his tears. "He can't. She used a pala madarikatua - a cursed blade. It's one of the few ways to kill a succubus or incubus. Oh, little girl," he sighed.

Wait, I'm dying? I don't feel like I'm dying.

"Save her," Clay growled into Sang's ear. "You have the power to save her and the babies. Do it now, or I swear I'll kill you myself."

She laughed insanely, "You can't kill me, demon."

"We'll see about that," he said and I watched as he sank his fangs into her neck. His eyes flashed crimson as they settled on me. I felt a surge of energy as he began to pull her life essence. But then, I began to feel his as well flowing to me.

The knife dropped to the floor and the wound began to knit itself closed. Sang's breathing was labored along with Clay's.

"Please, stop," I begged him. His eyes locked with mine. No, Clay, don't leave me, not now, I begged him.

I'm sorry, Zia, but this is the only way this has to stop now - his voice was weak and laced with sorrow.

I felt the tears fill my eyes as I placed my hand on my stomach and gave him a smile. I promise he will know you. He will know what you did to save us.

Clay gave me a grin - Thank you, my goddess. I love you. Holding out his hand the blade flew to him,  He closed his eyes and with a swift motion he plunged it into Sang's chest, then spoke, "Sutan isilduta (Silenced in flame)." He pulled Sang against him as they fell back into the flames. I heard screams and realized they were my own as Gabriel and Sean pulled me back as I tried to get to Clay, even though I knew it was too late.

Author's Notes: ...

Three more chapters and a small epilogue left, my lovelies.