Chapter 12

Silas's POV

I sat and listened as my brothers argued about Callie. Some were convinced she was our second chance mate, while others were skeptical. North looked at me, "So what about you? You said you were drawn to her."

"I knew when she pulled through the gate. Zero wanted to rip her out of the car and mark her right there," I said quietly.

North's eyes went wide, "Really? I mean, you didn't say anything, or even show it."

I shrugged. "She is Axel's mate. I didn't want to disrespect him or her. I had faith that the goddess would make it all work out eventually."

"Are you sure you want to leave it all to Selene," a soft voice asked from the doorway. She stood between Axel and Marc, their smells covering her. "I'm going to take a shower, then I think we all need to talk," she said, then headed downstairs.

Brandon smirked at Marc, "Just couldn't wait, could you?"

Marc grinned ear to ear, "Nope and you won't hesitate either." He glanced around the room, "When the moment comes, neither will the rest of you. Ax and I are okay with this as long as she is. The question is, are all of you?"

"Yes," I answered first. "I never doubted my bond to Sang, and I don't doubt the connection to Callie. I will gladly wait for her to be ready."

"Me too," added Luke and Gabe at the same time.

"Well, I think I already made my thoughts quite clear," Kota smirked. "As for the rest, I think they just need to get to know her - or smell her. One whiff and they'll fall like dominos," he chuckled. He had a point. I really was surprised the others hadn't already gone nuts. Some of the others laughed, and a few rolled their eyes. I noticed Sean and Owen seemed quieter than usual. I know Sean had taken it hard when he couldn't save Sang or the baby.

Axel's eyes went to the stairway and he grinned as she opened the door and walked toward him. It only took moments for her natural scent to reach my nose. I noticed Raven's eyes flash as he let out a small growl. She turned her head toward him, "Медведь? (Bear?)"

He walked toward her and scooped her up, letting out another low growl, "Ты хорошо пахнешь, маленький вампир. Мы все хотим попробовать тебя." Her cheeks turned bright red and Corey made a choking sound.

"Raven, you can't say things like that!"

"What the fuck did he say?" Gabe yelled. "Speak English dammit!"

Raven chuckled, "I told her she smelled good and we all want to taste her." She made the most adorable squeaking noise then covered her face, shaking her head.

"Well, he's not wrong," Luke giggled. Gabe threw a pillow at him as he ducked and stuck out his tongue. Callie was beet red now and seemed unsure of what to do next.

I held my hand out to her, "Come, I mikrí mou agápi (my little love)." She stepped forward and took my extended hand. I pulled her gently onto my lap, "You asked if I trusted Selene to guide me in this matter, and my answer is yes. The question is, do you?"

She stared into my eyes not speaking for a few moments, then leaned her head against my shoulder with a sigh, "I'm trying. I guess I spent so many years alone, that finding out I had a soulmate was a shock. And now, finding more is just...well, overwhelming to be honest." She looked around the room at everyone, "I'm not trying to say anything against you, I just don't know you. Hell, I barely know Axel and his family. All of this has literally happened in less than a week!"

"Damn, you move fast," Nate chuckled. "But seriously, don't push yourself into anything you aren't ready for. If you really are our second chance mate then like Silas said, the goddess will work it all out. For now, just know we will all help keep you safe and maybe we can work on being friends first."