Chapter 54

Multiple POVs

Luke's POV

I raced over to Gabe, then looked up to see the look on Cailleach's face. "What the hell?" I yelled.

She sputtered, "It..it's not me. I didn't do anything to him. I'm not even keeping her unconscious. I don't know what's going on." You could feel the entire room tense at her statement.

"Can you do anything?" I asked Axel.

"I can try," he said, "Let's get another bed and move them closer. I need skin-to-skin contact with both of them." Sean motioned for Nate and Kota to follow him and they quickly came back into the room with a second gurney. North and I placed Gabe on the bed, then wheeled him next to Callie. Axel sat in a chair between them, taking their hands in his. He looked at Cailleach, "Get ahold of Elatha and Ériu. They might have information we don't." With that he leaned back and closed his eyes, his shoulders slumping slightly.

I leaned my face over Gabe's and whispered, "Come back to me, love - and bring our girl with you." I placed a soft kiss on his forehead and waited along with the rest of my family, praying for a miracle from the gods.

Gabriel's POV

My eyelids fluttered open as I felt a soft kiss on my jawline. Light touches across my chest had me rolling over to embrace her tightly. I nuzzled my face in her hair, breathing deeply. "Are you sniffing me?" she giggled.

"Yes, yes I am," I muttered and took another breath. She let out a round of giggles as I pulled her closer and pretended to nibble at her neck. "Maybe a well-placed bite right about...here," I said, nipping at her skin. Her giggles quickly changed to soft moans.

"Rian," she breathed as her body reacted to me. I chuckled, licked at her soft skin, then bit her again. I felt my own pulse race as her nails dug into my skin, her body pressing tighter against mine.

Her cheeks were flushed as I pulled back and looked into those beautiful pale eyes. "I love you, Rúna." She gave me that little smile that drives me insane and I promptly kissed her soft lips. My hands traveled down the length of her body as I came to hover above her. I pulled back the cover and drank in her beauty. She shivered in the cool morning air as I began to cover her bare skin with kisses. "I'm going to spend forever worshiping you my love," I breathed against her body. "Starting right here," I said as my tongue found its reward and swiped across her clit, making her jump. The sound of her moans urged me on as I tasted pure bliss.

Her hands dug into my hair as I brought her to a climax quickly, then climbed back up and took her lips again. Before she could say anything, I pressed into the pool of heat I'd just caused. "Rian," she yelped as I increased my tempo, "Oh, gods!"

"That's it, love, call out to the gods. Let them hear my name on your lips. Let them all know I've claimed you," I grunted as I felt my own resolve fading quickly. Her eyes went wide at my words and I grinned, "Make no mistake, Rúna, you are mine and I will never let you go now, my love. Damned be the consequences."

Her cries and my moans filled the room as we both reached our climax and fell into a sweaty mess on the bed. I pressed kisses to her head as I played with a strand of her ebony hair. "Did you really mean it?" she asked hesitantly. "Am I really yours?"

I leaned over, and cupped her chin, "Yes, Rúna, I meant it. I will not let them pull us apart any longer. I love you and I want to spend all of eternity with you - only with you."

Tears sprang to her eyes as she asked, "But what if there were someone else? Someone who would make our lives even happier?" She tugged my hand down until it rested on her stomach, then looked at me apprehensively.