Chapter 66

Multiple POVs

Zia/Callie's POV

I watched as her face contorted with rage, then Zilla's hysterical laughter filled the air, "Frozen in time, you will know and lose love again and again my sister, just as I have lost the one I love because of you." She made a movement too quick for me to track and I felt my body being slammed back against the wall. The demon pressed tightly against my form, his hot breath against my neck. "I bind you to this incubus as the wheel stops for all of time and space. May he find you in every lifetime. I curse you, Zia. I curse you to suffer unending loss, pain, and death at his claws or another's. You will never know true peace or happiness. It will always be cut short, a second death to save the rest, silenced in fire. This is my curse to you dear sister - the path is set and sealed in blood." She spat the words as she ran a knife across her palm. The creature held both my hands open for her to cut, then his own as well. Zilla clamped her hand to mine, while the demon pressed his to my other hand and the very ground trembled. I felt a rush of pain then lust radiate through me as she laughed wickedly. The demon growled, then it shifted to a purr as our blood mingled.

"I leave her to your care, Avroclayth. I assume my debt is settled, yes?" Zilla asked as she headed out the door, leaving me alone with the creature.

"Yes, Mistress. Your debt is paid in full, and I thank you for my gift," his eyes gleamed crimson as he looked at me like I was a meal.

"Sister, please...don't do this," I begged, calling out to her.

Her green eyes darkened, turning black for a moment, "You're not my sister anymore, you pathetic whore. You are a cursed vessel to be used and abused until time ends or my vengeance is sated. Goodbye, cursed one." Then she left.

When the door closed behind my sister he licked my ear and growled, "Ahh little goddess, you are bound to me now. I will spend the ages devouring your essence until I am ready to breed you. Until then, I will destroy every seed in your womb. None will survive my jealousy until you carry mine," the demon hissed as his razored length rammed into me, making me scream in agony.

****

"Callie, Callie, come back to me, princess. We're not there anymore. You're here with us, you're safe." I heard Axel's voice, but couldn't stop experiencing the pain Avroclayth was unleashing on my body. It was as if I were stuck between the two times, not fully in either one, but able to feel everything.

Avroclayth chuckled, "Our time is near, cursed one. You can't escape any longer. I've taken one of your lovers as my own, and soon I'll take more. Mistress is waiting for you, Calista. We will be seeing you soon."

I scratched and clawed trying to push him away from me as I realized he was talking in the present, not the memory any longer. His eyes connected with mine and I froze. I felt a pull to him - whatever Zilla had done was valid. It wasn't the clan bond he thought he held over me, and now I knew it wasn't a mate bond, but something pulled me to him and made me submissive at this moment. I let out a shaky breath as those glittering eyes held me. "That's it, just relax, cursed one. There's nothing to fight anymore. All is as it should be, Zia." He licked the cut on my palm, "I have been part of you from the beginning, cursed goddess," he growled. I whimpered as he shifted deeper inside my core. A large claw held the nape of my neck and guided my lips to his. This time he wasn't rough, he was surprisingly gentle.  When he kissed me it felt like all the air was being sucked out of me. You taste divine, Zia. I will never tire of you, my pet. I felt weak as his voice filled my mind. His fangs nipped at my lips as he continued to pump inside of me. The pain was gone and I felt a blossoming of pleasure in my core. Cum for me, accept all of me, Zia. Give me your consent, become mine and I will make you feel like this until the end of time, my goddess. I moaned as my hips snapped forward, craving him. My mind felt clouded and so tired. "You're so close, Zia. Just ask and I'll give you everything you desire." His voice was hypnotic and I wanted to please him so badly.

"Calista, stop!" a deep voice boomed. "Avroclayth, get the fuck away from my mate!" it yelled.

Avroclayth growled but didn't release me. He turned toward the other demon that now stood near us. He looked familiar...but my mind was so confused... "You have no power here, Gabriel. Be a good little pet and wait your turn."

Gabriel? Yes, now I remember...

"Gabriel," I whimpered, "please don't leave." My body began to feel like it was burning and I tried to reach out for him, but Avroclayth pulled me back and began slamming into me again. I tried to push him back, but it was like trying to move a brick wall. My body was so weak, so drained.

"Almost there, cursed one," he grunted, his fangs grazing across my neck as I whimpered.

Suddenly, he was ripped away from me and I fell to the floor. The room was filled with roars and the sound of things breaking. Despite the feeling of fire biting at my skin and in my stomach, I was tired. My vision was dark and I welcomed the cool feeling of the stone floor against my cheek.

Gabriel's POV

I could feel her slipping away and did the only thing I could think of. I lunged and grabbed Avroclayth by the neck, then threw him across the room. Callie slid down the wall like a ragdoll, but I couldn't help her right now. Right now, I had an incubus to kill. I would never let him place a hand on her again.

"Ah, ah, ah, seems a little boy thinks he's in charge," Avroclayth taunted, "You forget who you are bound to, Gabriel. You both belong to me, to the clan." He shook himself, rising to full height.

I smirked at the arrogant fool. "Oh no, Avroclayth, it's you who are mistaken. I broke the bond almost immediately. As for Callie, you have no claim to her and neither does the clan. She will only bond to those she chooses, you idiot."

He frowned. I could feel him searching for the clan bond and he snarled when he found none. "You may have broken the clan bond, but even you cannot defeat the Mistress's magic. She is stronger than her mentor now. Each life I stole from Zia increased the bond to me. She will never be free of me, not until she submits to me willingly. Then I will make her mine and mine alone for eternity," he growled, eyes flashing black. "We are blood bound. Not just once, but thousands and thousands of times," he laughed.

I stalked closer to him, pulling to my full height. I felt a searing pain in my back and roared, "She is already claimed - you will not harm her again!" My words were punctuated by a whooshing sound as large black wings sprouted from my back and billowed, pushing him backward from the force.

His eyes widened as he stammered, "Th...that's not possible. You're not royalty."

I looked at Callie's form and smirked at him, "I am now because she has claimed me."

He made a strangled sound, then looked at Callie slumped on the floor. I saw a look of confusion pass his face, then something else I couldn't decipher. He vanished before I could grab him. I let out a frustrated growl then crossed the room to scoop her up in my arms. My wings instinctively wrapped around her as I stroked the side of her face. "Oh my ma chérie, you are going to be so sore when I finish with you." She let out a soft moan at my touch and it sent flames through me. "Time to go home, my mate."

Author's Notes:  a blood bond...now how can it be broken...or can it?