6| newborn stage

(december)

Natasha's baby girl, Y/n, was very healthy so both girls were aloud out a day after Y/n was born. It was definitely the best present Natasha could ever receive for her birthday and it'll be a day that she'll never forget.

Strangely enough, today was Christmas day, it didn't feel like it though as all of Natasha's attention was drawn to her little one. Christmas wasn't the biggest thing in the compound as no one believed in Santa, of course everyone would get everyone a gift or two just to thank them for being family.

Natasha was awoken by Y/n's cries around 7am, turning over in her bed she opened her eyes and looked at the crib beside her bed. She couldn't help but smile, even though her baby was screaming, she was happy that she was finally brought into the world.

She dragged herself out of bed and leant over the crib to look at the small girl, she bent her arms down and lifted her out making sure to support every bone in her body. Natasha walked over to the changing table and gently laid her daughter down on the mat, she pulled out a clean diaper and some wipes, all while keeping her eyes on Y/n to make sure she was alright and not about to fall.

"You're too cute" Natasha whispered bringing Y/n's legs up so she could change her diaper. Once she's changed into a fresh diaper, Natasha brings her over to the rocking chair in her bedroom for a morning feed, which seems to last for half an hour.

After Y/n was burped, Natasha decided to take her downstairs. She had presents for everyone and thankfully put them all under the massive tree in the front room before going to sleep last night.

"Natasha! Hey" Everyone was stoked to see Natasha walk into the living with a little someone in her arms, she smiled at everyone. Wanda came over and happily gave Natasha a hug wishing her and her daughter a merry Christmas.

"We have some gifts" Steve smiled placing out his hands to show a lot of presents, half of them had baby stuff on it so Natasha knew it was all Y/n's.

"Oh guys, you didn't have to do any of this" She said tilting her head with a kind smile and placing her hand over her heart, everyone shrugged her off before they were handing her over the presents to open as Wanda took her little one.

"This is awesome!" Natasha beamed pulling out a cute little stuffed crocodile teddy out of the wrapping paper and held it to her chest, although it was Y/n's it was still cute and fully and cuddly.

Natasha opened the rest of Y/n's and her own presents, thanking everyone as she went alone before thanking them all again afterwards. She took her baby back from everyone as it was time for a nap, although the small baby was drifting off anyways.

She made sure that she tucked in perfectly in her little Moses basket beside the sofa that Natasha was sitting on, she kept a good eye on her while everyone resumed their quite talk and got on with Christmas day.

It was very safe to say that Christmas day was a great success, everything went to plan, no bad things happened and overall it was just a wonderful day to all spend together. A few nights after that, Natasha was used to waking up during to night to feed Y/n, and she was used to everything else that came with it.

There was one particular night though, she felt extra tired and when Y/n woke up in the middle of the night screaming for something and not wanting to be put back down, Natasha felt on edge herself, tears already streaming down her face.

"Natasha?" Wanda's voice croaked through, the door was open slightly and Natasha turned on her heel to see Wanda tiredly standing in the door way with a sympathetic look on her face.

"I'm so sorry Wands, i don't know what's up with her tonight" Natasha cries wiping her tears away rapidly and taking a seat on the rocking chair in hopes to nurse her baby so she would finally stop crying for the night.

"No, don't be silly. She didn't wake me up Nat, listen, i'll take her. There's pumped bottles downstairs, take the night in my bedroom and i'll look after her for the night" Wanda suggests holding her arms out for Natasha to place Y/n into.

"What about Vision?" Natasha hiccups wiping down her cheeks, she did not want to walk into Wanda's room and see Vision asleep in the bed as well.

"He's on a mission, he won't be back until next week. Go, i've got this" Wanda says softly, Natasha gently hands over her daughter to Wanda, giving her head a delicate kiss and thanking Wanda before heading out her room and down to Wanda's.

"Alright you, let's settle down" Wanda says bouncing Y/n slightly in her arms, Natasha had a mini fridge in her room which was stored with a small amount of pumped breast milk, Wanda took one out and made her way over to the rocking chair, getting herself comfy and situating Y/n.

"There we go" Wanda coos as Y/n suckles slowly on the top of her bottle, Wanda smiles looking down at the little human, she's already growing a bit of hair on the top of her head, her bright green piercing eyes darting around the room.

"You're such a cutie" Wanda coos again patting Y/n's butt softly, Y/n continues to suckle on her milk and slowly falling back asleep in the process of doing so. Once the bottle was done, Wanda sat Y/n up, gently but securely holding her by her chin and starting to burp her.

The burping took a few tries but Y/n had managed to release one hell of a baby burp which made Wanda laugh, she stood back up with Y/n and placed her back in her crib. Wanda slipped into Natasha's bed and once she knew that Y/n was safe and sound asleep, she started to drift off herself letting a peaceful slumber to take over her body, only to be woken back up a few hours later.

//

love newborns when they aren't crying