10| her first birthday

(december)

The moment Natasha woke up today, she was in tears. She couldn't comprehend how her little girl has been in this world for an entire year, it only felt like a few months but the girl was now an entire year old.

After Y/n's feed, Natasha took her to the changing table to change her diaper. She sang a happy birthday song under her breath as Y/n was close to falling back asleep, she rubbed her eyes the whole time whilst also trying to turn her body away.

"Skirt or dress" Natasha asked holding up 2 separate outfits, Y/n looked between them before reaching forward for the skirt and pulling it down into her grasp. Natasha smile putting the dress back in the drawers and placing Y/n on her bed, she had to keep a close eye on her as after Y/n started to crawl, she never stopped.

"Come here birthday girl" Natasha cooed lifting the small figure into her arms, Natasha took a moment to keep her cuddled up close in her arms. Y/n wasn't complaining and snuggled right into Natasha's chest.

It was December so, the fluffy pyjama shirt that Natasha was wearing was cosy and all Y/n done was rub her face in it, sticking her tongue out and trying to eat it also. Natasha held the back of Y/n's head, cradling the girl in her arms and pressing a soft kiss against her head.

"I love you, i love you" Natasha murmured against Y/n's head, Y/n's eyes flickered up and her fingers came up to grasp Natasha's bottom lip. Natasha teasingly stuck her tongue out causing Y/n to squeal and retract her hand away from her mothers mouth squeezing it back into the space between her body and Natasha's.

"Should we go wake Wanda up, should we go wake her up" Natasha excitedly after slipping Y/n's skirt over her tights and bringing her girl back into her arms, Natasha makes her way down the hallways and knocks gently on Wanda's door.

"Are you knocking baby" Natasha smiles when Y/n leans forward and attempts to knock on Wanda's door, when there was still no answer, Natasha slowly opened the door. The room revealed Wanda sleeping on her back with one leg over the other and an arm high in the air.

"Go wake her" Natasha smirked mischievously placing Y/n down on the end of Wanda's bed, Y/n giggles loudly and starts to rapidly crawl up the bed to Wanda's sleeping figure.

Y/n sits herself on Wanda's stomach and places both her hands on Wanda's face, Natasha hold herself back from taking Y/n off of Wanda as she starts poking around, fingers in Wanda's mouth, in her ear, in her eye and up her nose.

"If it isn't the birthday girls" Wanda mumbles tiredly, completely unfazed by the way she was woken up, she sits up slowly, holding Y/n on her lap and patting the space beside her for Natasha.

"Look at you, birthday girls" Wanda winking at Natasha and bringing Y/n close and giving her cheek a dozen kisses making Y/n giggle, Wanda lets her go and the young girl instantly crawls into her mothers arms, hiding her face in her chest, also giving her snotty nose a bit of a rub on Natasha's shirt.

"Have you went with a cake smash, or just a regular cake" Wanda asks brushing her hand through her hair and sliding out of her bed, slipping on the slippers that we're resting on the floor.

"Cake smash of course, she's gonna love it! Aren't you baby" Natasha said getting out of Wanda's bed and following her downstairs, Wanda came to a hault at the bottom of the stairs with a small smile before fake sneezing.

"Sorry" She apologised and starting walking towards the kitchen, she pushed open the door and stepped out the way instantly as a confetti cannon went off and all the Avengers jumped out of their hiding places.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" Everyone screamed, Natasha smiled looking around while holding a squirming and giggling girl in her arms, there was many banner hanging around which some said happy birthday Natasha and some saying happy birthday Y/n.