27| first dance class

(august)

Y/n sat up as soon as her eyes opened up this morning, she looked to her side and saw her mother still sleeping peacefully, she placed her finger on Natasha's lip slowly dragging it down before releasing it making her giggle quietly as it popped back up into a pout.

She then took both hands and pressed both sides of Natasha's mouth up making her smile, her teeth poking through slightly. Y/n held back her laughter moving her finger and pushing the tip of Natasha's nose making her look a bit like a pig nose, which only made Y/n laugh even more.

Next was her eyes and before Y/n could pull at them, Natasha jumped at, completely scaring the living daylights out of her daughter. Y/n screamed at the top of her lungs, Natasha was smiling as she shouted boo and then laughed pulling Y/n into her chest.

"Oh i'm sorry baby, but you were pulling at mama's face" Natasha said patting Y/n's back as she cried, the poor girl was shaking ever so slightly and Natasha felt bad. Y/n cried into Natasha's shoulder as she stood up and made her way to the bathroom, sitting Y/n on the counter.

"Maybe if you weren't poking around at me then you wouldn't have been scared" Natasha smirks wetting both toothbrushes under the sink, applying toothpaste and handing Y/n hers, then using her own, it took a while as Y/n kept dropping hers so Natasha ended up brushing Y/n's teeth for her with one hand, while she used the other to do her own.

"Mama do you know what day it is today, i'm so excited" Y/n bounced, of course Natasha knew what day it was, she was the one that organised it all in the end, getting everything ready and the class.

"Hmm, what day is it sweetheart, tell mama" Natasha said pulling Y/n's hair up into a bun, Y/n pulled her head away at her harsh tug trying to free herself from Natasha's strong grip.

"It's my first day of dance class silly!" Y/n cheered kicking her legs beneath her, Natasha cheered with her tying off her hairstyle and lifting Y/n back down from the counter, taking Y/n's hand Natasha led her back to the bedroom, playfully chucking her on the bed and grabbing her clothes and a pull up.

"Mama can i wear a tutu" Y/n asked looking up at the ceiling, pointing upwards as Natasha hummed in agreement, more focused and getting Y/n ready for her dance class, Y/n already knew she was wearing a tutu and they picked it out the night before.

"is it pink?" Y/n questioned, Natasha hummed in agreement once again glancing at Y/n who was distracted which is probably why she was asking these stupid questions, after Natasha had finished dressing Y/n, she left her on the bed with her phone while she got herself ready.

Swinging Y/n onto her hip when she was ready, Natasha made her way downstairs. Y/n's dance class wasn't until early afternoon so they had a few hours to get them self prepared. Y/n was clipped into her chair and Natasha started on breakfast as Y/n played around with her cup of water.

Natasha placed a bowl of cereal onto Y/n's tray with a small spoon, wrapping a bib around her neck just for today as she'd gotten her dressed before eating which wasn't the smartest idea and placed a tea towel over her lap in case anything spilt.

Although, to Natasha's surprise Y/n wasn't too messy, the big was definitely a good idea but most of the cereal ended up on her daughters face rather than on her lap and on her chest so Natasha was calling it a win.

The rest of the morning was just Y/n running about telling everyone that she was going to her first dance class, Natasha stayed in the kitchen with Clint sipping her coffee and could just hear footsteps and then shouting from her daughter, then the reply of who she was talking to.

Soon the time rolled around and it was time for Y/n's dance class, so shouting bye to the team, she left the house and with Natasha's help she got buckled up into her seat. Her legs were kicking excitedly and the grin on her face said it all, she was very happy and excited to be going to her dance lesson.

Pulling up to the dance studio, Natasha got out the car and took out Y/n who had somehow managed to fall asleep on the way here and carried her to the door before slowly walking her up, hoping that her excitement was still there.

"Y/n, sweetheart. Wake up, we're at your dance class" Natasha spoke quietly brushing her finger up and down Y/n's cheek, letting out a small groan Y/n opened her eyes looking right up into her mama's eyes who was smiling down at her.

Y/n turned her head and saw that they were in fact in front of the dance studio, so wriggling to be put down, Y/n headed straight for the doors tugging on Natasha's hand, hoping to get her in the building faster so she could start her dance.

"Hello there, who must you be" The woman Natasha assumed was the dance teacher said kneeling down in front of Y/n with a smile, all of the excitement from Y/n had come out of her as she shyly hid herself behind Natasha's leg clutching onto her thigh.

"Come on my love" Natasha said softly trying to take Y/n out of her legs, Y/n ran around Natasha to her front then wrapped her arms around her waist pressing her head into her stomach with a small whimper, the dance teacher smiled sympathetically at Natasha before turning to greet the other child that was coming in.

"Hey, you've been so excited about this baby, look, she's so nice and mama's gonna be watching you the whole time" Natasha said crouching down in front of her little baby, cupping her face in her warm and soft palms rubbing her thumb over her cheeks.

"but i want you mommy" Y/n whimpered taking a strand of Natasha's hair and twisting it between her fingers avoiding eye contact with her mother, Natasha frowned lifting up Y/n's chin so they were both looking at each other.

"Mommy is going to be in the other room baby, i'm gonna watch you when your practising to become a ballerina, look take a deep breath honey" Natasha said reassuringly, Y/n took the deep breath Natasha asked her to take, clutching onto Natasha's fingers, she let it back out and looked at her mother.

"There we go, now. I say you go in there and be the best dancer ever" Natasha smiled kissing Y/n's cheek who was now happy and ready to go, she gave Natasha one was last hug before running into the room, she was shy at first but after the teacher warmed everyone up to each other, everything was alright.

After all sitting in a circle and introducing everyone, the kids got started on trying to touch their toes, Y/n giggled the whole time leaning forward and grabbing her feet, surprisingly keeping her legs straight.

She turned her head to the right seeing Natasha watching her through the window like she had said she would, Y/n let go of her feet and waved at Natasha, who waved back but pointed back to the teacher telling her to listen which earned a sassy scowl from her daughter.

"Well done Y/n, everyone watch what Y/n is doing and copy her" The dance teacher said, making Y/n blush embarrassingly. Natasha had heard what the teacher had said and was smiling from ear to ear knowing that her daughter was setting a good example to class, even if she was one of the youngest.

Natasha was proudly staring as Y/n would follow every instruction that was said, she also noticed that smile that was cemented onto her daughters face. She never took her eyes off of her, watching as she completed every turn and step.

Once the class was over, Natasha waited by the door, crouching down and holding out her arms. Y/n sprints to her mom with the biggest smile on her face, jumping right into her open arms wrapping her arms around her neck and her legs around her waist.

"Mommy, did you see me?!" Y/n beamed smiling happily, Natasha nodded enthusiastically listening as Y/n rambled on so much about her dancing, Natasha could listen to it all day, she was happy that her girl was happy, wanting to chase her dreams of becoming a famous ballerina.

//