117| mission failed

(july)

Natasha went out on a mission last night, just before she put Y/n to bed. The girl had a small cry but nothing overly dramatic and she went to bed perfectly fine, the thing was that Natasha was supposed to be back early in the morning yet she hadn't returned.

"When is my mommy home" Y/n grumbled looking up, she was playing on the floor whilst most the team were sat in the living room, they were either reading a book, the newspaper or watching the Tv having a little snack, Wanda was the one to reply to Y/n.

"Soon, little love. She'll be back very soon" Wanda smiled softly, Y/n nodded her head and stood to her feet and rushed over to Wanda, she sat beside her and watching the Tv, leaving the boys on the floor, Wanda wrapped her arm around her and kissed her head.

A few minutes later, Natasha entered the compound. Jarvis alerted everyone that she was home, everyone seemed to jump out their skin when Natasha screamed at the ai to stop telling everyone she back, then everyone proceeded to hear her angry and heavy footsteps going up the stairs.

"Mama's not happy" Y/n mumbled leaning back in the sofa, Wanda hummed and looked at the rest of the team who seemed to be just as confused as each other, Natasha hadn't shouted like that in a long time, and after missions she always went to her daughters first.

"I'll check on her!" Before Wanda could grab her niece she was off, the team tried calling her back as they knew that whenever Natasha was angry that you should never speak to her but maybe she'd act different if it was her daughter and not an annoying member of the team.

Y/n knocked on Natasha's door and pushed the door handle down, the door opened but she was met by an empty room but she heard shuffling coming from the bedroom, she rushed into the room and over to the bathroom, she saw her mother pacing back and forth inside.

"Mommy you're back!" Y/n shouted running into Natasha's bedroom and wrapping her arms around Natasha's waist and giving her a big hug, Natasha hummed and kept doing what she was doing before her daughter came in and shouted to her, Y/n stayed clinging onto her mother.

"I'm back" Natasha mumbled, Y/n furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at Natasha who seemed to be bs with whatever she was doing, Y/n let go of Natasha and raised her arms in the air wanting her mother to lift her up like she usually does every time she gets home.

"Mommy lift me up please, i missed you a lot" Y/n said wiggling her fingers, yet Natasha ignored her again and moved around her doing what she was doing still, Y/n frowned and followed her mother about, eager to be lifted up from the ground, begging to be picked up.

"Y/N! Just stop! Give me one- oh for fuck sake" Natasha shouted, then cut herself off throwing her moisturiser in the tub. She pressed her back against the wall and slowly slid down, her head in her hands and her tears flowing down her face.

Y/n gasped and took a step back watching her mother cry, it took 2 seconds before Y/n was on her knees beside Natasha, wrapping her arms around her neck and kissing her cheek sweetly. Natasha kept to herself for a few moments before looking up, sadly at her daughter.

"Don't cry" Y/n whispered, Natasha sniffled and brought Y/n onto her lap so she was facing her, Y/n placed her hands on her mothers cheek and kissed her nose, Natasha attempted to smile but she was unable too, her mind was racing with thoughts.

"I'm sorry baby" Natasha cried wiping her tears gently, Y/n furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head, she played with the ends of Natasha's hair until she stopped crying so heavily, Natasha hated crying she found herself so weak, especially in front of her daughter who shouldn't see her like this.

"You shouldn't be sorry mama, i cry all the time, it's normal to cry mama. Maybe you had a bad day? I love you so much mama, it's okay to cry" Y/n whispered, Natasha looked at her daughter lovingly and let out a wet chuckle at her words.

"You always know how to cheer me up baby, thank you" Natasha embraced her daughter in a tight hug, rubbing her back. Her daughter smiled and hugged her back just as tight, Natasha was calming down and her tears finally stopped, Natasha stood to her feet and walked to her bedroom.

"NOT NOW!!" Natasha screamed after hearing a knock at the door, it wasn't Wanda's special knock so she shouted, she wouldn't have shouted if it was Wanda. Y/n jumped in her arms but when Natasha sat down and tightened her grip around her, she relaxed in her arms.

"I've got you honey, everything is okay" Natasha whispered, stroking her girls hair. Y/n smiled faintly and hugged her mother tighter, she moved back and sat up on her knees and looked into her mothers eyes, she was wondering why she was crying before, she wanted to fix it.

"Momma, why were you crying in the bathroom earlier" Y/n asked tilting her head in confusion, Natasha smiled lifting her hand up and placing it on her daughters cheek, Y/n leant into her mothers hand as she very much missed her tough, cuddles and her kisses.

"Well baby, you know how mama goes on missions? Mhm, well this one didn't go very well, and mama did a bad job and failed" Natasha said sadly, Y/n nodded her head and looked down sadly, she didn't like seeing her mother upset, it made herself upset, she never wanted Natasha to be sad.

"It's okay momma, not everything goes to plan and sometimes we don't do everything correctly, i don't get everything right, you just get to try again and more practice and then you'll be perfect, even though you already are" Y/n cheered, Natasha smiled and tickled her girls sides.

"You're so amazing Y/n, i love you so much" Natasha choked up not wanting to cry again, although a tear fell, Y/n was quick to wipe it away and hug her mother again, Natasha hugged her back with just as much force and love and affection.

Even through all the meltdowns Y/n has and all the issues Y/n causes Natasha, the woman loved her more than anything in the world, she was her number one and was perfect for the woman, having Y/n in her life made her life worth living for.

//