123| no bedtime

(april)

10:00pm was Y/n's bedtime, yes the girl still had a bed time but when most days are meltdowns and school is the next day, and then when in school, more meltdowns, having a bedtime set just made Natasha's life just that little bit easier, Y/n however wasn't a fan.

"It's not my bedtime!" Y/n shouted from the living room floor where she was playing, most the team had now settled in there for a movie that night, and now was that time of night of trying to get the small child to go to bed.

"Y/n, it's bedtime, upstairs please" Natasha said nicely, she didn't want to get mean because then the night would end up in tears and fights and no one would be happy, yet the girl still rejected the woman's rules, Natasha would thank god if someone told her to go to bed.

"No, come on, it's past your bedtime. I know you don't want to go to bed but it's important that you get enough sleep" Natasha kept up the fight, she was going to win it, by 11 at the latest Y/n will be in bed asleep, depending how long she fights for.

"Uh uh!" Y/n whined in that awful baby voice that made Natasha's skin crawl and her body shiver, the girl kept her gaze far away from her mother because she knew that if she even looked at her mother she'd give in from the anger on her face.

"No is not an option, dear. We need to get ready for bed. So let's put your PJs on, clean your teeth, and then read our bedtime stories how about that?" Natasha tried, it was clear to everyone she was just trying to be nice with Y/n.

"Y/n. Why don't you go to bed with your mama, she really wants you too and the quicker you go to sleep, the quicker you wake up to play" Steve said trying to help Natasha out, the small girl sent an all familiar glare at the man and went back to playing.

"Y/n you're not being fair now, come and get ready for bed. It's a school night and you have to get up early so let's get you tucked in now. Come on, be a big girl, please" Natasha always tried using the big girl words to persuade her, it usually worked.

The girl hesitated for a moment before she ignored Natasha and kept playing her game, Natasha was close to storming over to her and grabbing her and taking her away, but that would end up in tears, she didn't want tears tonight.

"Y/n, please, I'm asking so nicely. If you don't go to bed now, I won't tell you a bedtime story. You love my bedtime stories, don't you" Natasha teased trying to bribe her into bed, the girl huffed and crossed her arms over her chest and finally turned to look at her mother.

"I'm not going to bed!" Y/n shouted, Natasha sighed and leant against the doorframe with her arms folded over her chest as she now sent daggers to Y/n who was quick to avoid eye contact with her, her face was slightly going red with anger.

"Stop that, don't make me come over there and carry you to your bedroom. You know that I don't want to do that. Just hurry up and get ready for bed so we can have some time for our stories. Come on baby, you know you'd like that" Natasha was still trying.

"I don't like that!" Y/n shouted again, she was close to just screaming the house down, she felt so upset but couldn't share it, the only way the girl was ever able to express her emotions was through anger or sadness, which always looked like it came out in a bad way.

"Hey! Okay that's enough now. I've asked you nicely and I've even offered you a reward but you're still refusing. I've had enough, I'm coming over there to put you to bed" Natasha stormed over to where Y/n was sitting, picking her up in her arms.

"NO!" Y/n screamed and started wriggling about in Natasha's arms, Natasha took her out the room as quickly as possible not wanting to disturb the teams night more than she and Y/n already had, Natasha managed to carry the girl all the way upstairs and to the bathroom.

"Y/n, there's no escaping, you're going to bed. We can do this easily now or we can do this hard but either way you are getting some sleep tonight" Natasha reasoned, Y/n cried into her mothers neck, hoping that she could make her feel bad enough to put her down.

Clearly her plan didn't work as Natasha did place the girl down but in her bathroom to brush her teeth, the girl get out a loud cry and stood frozen with her hands over her face, Natasha crouched down in front of her and tried removing them.

"Why are we crying? It's not crying time sweetheart" Natasha said softly, Y/n's hands were pulled down from her face, the girl stared at her mother angrily before shoving her shoulder and going back to crying, Natasha sighed and stood back up grabbing toothpaste and her toothbrush for her.

"That's just not acceptable. Y/n you can yell all you want but I'm not taking you hitting me. So can you stop screaming and hitting me for the love of god" Natasha said angrily passing Y/n the toothbrush, the girl sniffles and took it, she knew she wasn't going to win this fight.

After brushing her teeth, Y/n was brought into bed, she was in her comfy pyjamas she was put into bed, she didn't even try to protest anymore because she knew that she wouldn't get anywhere, she sat in bed looking down, knowing Natasha was not very happy.

"Honey, when i say it's bedtime, it's bedtime. Everyone else is tired and wants to go to bed but if your up they can't, even uncle Steve was telling you to go to bed and you ignored him which isn't very nice is it" Y/n shook her head.

"I'm sorry" Y/n spoke sadly, although she was cut off by Natasha. Y/n didn't like the feeling of Natasha being angry at her, she wanted to be an angel for her and as hard as it was, she did really try hard for her.

"I'm not done. From now on, when i say bedtime, it's bedtime" Natasha said sternly, using that voice that Y/n never liked, the girl turned over in her so she wasn't facing Natasha and closed her eyes to stop her tears, Natasha sighed and placed her hand on her daughters side.

"But i still love you, i promise" Natasha said, Y/n sniffled and dug her head into the pillow, Natasha was in a pair of joggers and a tank top, she walked over to the door and closed it, she turned on Y/n's night light, getting into bed.

"Goodnight angel" Natasha whispered pressing her front to her daughters back and wrapping an arm around her waist, Y/n hiccuped whilst trying to reply so just gave Natasha a hum which was enough as the woman knew her girl was too upset to talk, Natasha kissed her head and held her tighter, drifting off to sleep with her.

//

I'm very sorry to everyone and anyone who was brought into yesterday's drama, it was so childish to be put on the internet, i put it on to defend myself so i didn't look like a mean and bad person, anyone who has had to block _____ then i'm sorry you were dragged into it, thank you everyone who was nice to me, i'm okay ❤️