83| another family

(march)

The kids at school were rude, they clearly never thought before they spoke and it was upsetting Y/n. After their lesson about family a while ago, the situation has never left. It calmed down but there's still kids here and they're picking on her for what family she never had.

She felt upset not only because she was being picked on but because she didn't have a family, yes she had Natasha but she also wanted a daddy and a grandmother and grandfather, maybe an auntie and uncle but she had none of that, she called her uncles her uncles but they're not blood uncles, and with kids now a days 'that doesn't count'

The poor girl was dreading going into school today, yesterday at the end of the day, she was getting laughed at, again. The boys made her feel like crap, she didn't like not having the family that everyone else had. Although she loved her mother and wondered if it may be different with others.

Maybe it was just supposed to be her and
her mother, it didn't bother her that it was just them two it was just the fact that people would point it out to her and make her feel bad about out it, get jealous that people had something she never had and they were happy about.

"Did your daddy drop you off at school?" A kid calls, Y/n looked down at her shoes, unable to respond. When the teacher came in and directed her to her seat, she sat at the table with her head down, picking at the skin around her nails.

"Ignore them Y/n" Elsie said from beside her, even though Y/n nodded, she wasn't able to ignore them, they were being horrible to her, how could she possibly ignore them if they were treating her like that.

The girl was very quiet the whole day which wasn't too much like Y/n, yes she had her bad days but they weren't as common anymore and she hadn't spoken to anyone all day and it was quite concerning now, Miss Kate was worried about her.

"Darling, what's wrong. You've been looking really upset" Miss Kate asked taking Y/n's hand and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, Y/n shrugged her shoulders and looked down at her feet, trying her best to avoid eye contact.

"Mm, i think you do know my love. You can tell me if you want, i won't force you but if your sad you can tell me and i'll try my best to fix it" She said kindly, Y/n nodded her head and pursed her lips together, just wanting her mama.

"Mama" She whimpered and looked into her teachers eyes, Miss Kate pouted and ran her hand up and down Y/n's arm. Y/n started crying harder when Miss Kate didn't immediately take her to the office to get her mom, it wasn't until Miss Kate saw no end to Y/n's tears that she decided to go.

She'd been crying for an hour and usually when kids cry at school teachers just wait until they've cried it out, but Y/n was different. She'd cry and cry until Natasha picked her up, constantly sobbing until she was in her mothers arms.

Miss Kate scurried along to the office and made a phone call home to Natasha explaining that there was a situation, she didn't know about it but was hoping that she could figure out if Y/n was with Natasha and more comfortable with speaking then.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Miss Kate asked again rocking Y/n side to side trying to quieten down her cries, Y/n shook her head angrily and started crying harder remembering the reason why she was so upset, Miss Kate only had to wait a few more minutes before Natasha walked through the door.

"What's happened?" Natasha asked worriedly taking the daughter from her teacher and kissing her head, Y/n smelt Natasha's familiar scent and instantly calmed down, her cries turning into hiccups and big deep and heavy breaths while Miss Kate explained she knew nothing.

"What's happened Y/n, can you tell mama why my baby's so upset, hm?" Natasha asked, Y/n rubbed her eyes and looked up into Natasha's caring ones, she was about to shrug her shoulders not feeling the mood to talk but she wanted it sorted out so she wasn't picked on anymore.

"I always get made fun of for having no family" Y/n mumbled, picking the top of Natasha's t-shirt, Natasha frowned and rubbed the wet hair out of her daughters eyes and asked her what had been said and who had been saying it to her.

"The boys" She mumbled before falling against Natasha, Miss Kate had wrote that down and knew what Y/n was talking about, when Natasha was able to leave she left straight away, thanking Miss Kate and heading back to her car, with a calmer Y/n in her arms.

Natasha's heart was racing the whole way home, she wanted to tell Y/n but she needed an appropriate age, was this the right age to tell her? About her family of course but what if she kept asking questions about past life, she definitely wasn't ready to explain that just yet.

With a sigh, Natasha opened Y/n's door and helped her out, taking her hand and leading her into the house. Taking her to her bedroom choosing that it was time for a talk, it was better to tell the truth, that way Y/n wouldn't be so upset about it.

"Okay, you need to listen to me very carefully" Natasha spoke lifting Y/n onto her lap and making sure she had her head up and her ears open and ready to listen to what Natasha was about to say, she needed to understand what Natasha was saying.

"You Y/n, you have another family. But before i tell you about them" Natasha paused, she hadn't thought about her words just yet, which is probably what she should have done before she came into the room and started her conversation straight away.

"You already had a family, just because no one in the building, apart from me, is blood related to you, doesn't mean they aren't your auntie, uncles and cousins Y/n. They're family no matter what, they're you're uncles, aunties and cousins, nothing will change that" Natasha spoke, holding back her tears, family was such a touchy subject to her.

"Your other family, is... complicated but we don't need to go into that. The kids in your class have no idea what they're talking about Y/n, because you do have a family, you've got 2" Natasha said holding up two fingers making Y/n smile faintly.

"You've got a grandma, you've got a grandad and an auntie. You don't have an uncle but not everyone has an uncle and that's not a bad thing, sometimes mommy's only have sisters and no brothers which means no uncle" Natasha explained, Y/n nodded her head happily.

"What are their names?" Y/n asked with a smile, Natasha smiled slightly at the thought of them, she wouldn't be lying if she lay in bed most nights wondering where they are, how they're getting on and what they're doing, the don't know anything, they don't even know about Y/n.

"Well, you've got. Grandma Melina, then you've got grandad Alexei who's a bit crazy and auntie Yelena, who's my sister" Natasha smiled tucking a strand of hair behind her daughters ear, Y/n giggles and nodded her head happily. She was finally getting to know her family well.

"Do i have a dada?" Y/n asked, all the color in the room felt like it had been drained. Natasha shivered slightly, she herself didn't even know how she got pregnant or who the dad was to her daughter, she didn't know if it was natural or if something had happened.

"That's a talk for another day" Natasha said quietly, Y/n being the angel she is, clicked on that Natasha didn't want to talk about the subject. Instead of continuing to speak, Y/n wrapped her arms around Natasha's neck and snuggled up closer with a hum of satisfaction.

"Thank you for telling me mama" Y/n thanked making Natasha's heart melt, she pulled back and pecked her lips with a giggle and crashed back down into her chest, the pair sat in silence on the bed both staring off, nothing particular on their minds but it was nice and calm for them.

//