125| reading day

(august)

It was a busy day for some of the avengers, luckily Natasha wasn't busy and was spending the day with her daughter alone, Y/n loved these sort of days where she could just get her mother all to herself with her being distracted and having to keep stopping their time together.

Normally Y/n liked spending time with Natasha, but not on Sundays. On Sunday's Natasha had the whole day planned out on reading, it was their reading day as Y/n's reading did need a bit of improvement, the girl hated reading day but there was no way out.

"Rise and Shine my sweet girl, you know what day it is" Natasha sang happily, Y/n groaned and placed a pillow over her head and brought the duvet all the way up, Natasha chuckled and reached forward ripping the duvet off of her daughters freezing cold body.

"Mama, no" Y/n grunted sitting up and reaching back for the duvet, bringing it over herself again, Natasha sighed and took seat on the bed next to her daughter, Y/n brought her leg up and used her foot to attempt to push Natasha off of her bed.

"Stop Y/n, it's time to get up" Natasha said annoyed, Y/n groaned and sat up, her and Natasha both glared at each other. Natasha got up and left the room as Y/n walked off to her bathroom, both rolling their eyes and sighing in the process of doing so.

After Y/n was ready for the day she made her way downstairs, Natasha was waiting at the island with her glasses on already holding a book, Y/n froze and tried to sneak out of the room, but even with Natasha's back facing Y/n, she could tell she was leaving.

"Don't walk out, get in here Y/n" Natasha said, it scared Y/n how Natasha knew what she was doing without even looking at her, Y/n sighed and made her way over to her mother pulling herself up onto the stool and sitting with an apple.

"I feel so sick" Y/n mumbled leaning into Natasha's side, Natasha sighed rolling her eyes, she knew Y/n didn't feel sick and just wanted to get out of reading, Natasha pulled her arm up and wrapped it around her daughter giving her side a little rub and squeeze.

"In that case, i think you should read in your head today then" Natasha suggested, Y/n groaned and went to stand up but Natasha caught her in time, with one arm she pulled her squirming 12 year old up and onto her lap, holding her in a tight place.

"Momma i don't want to read" Y/n stated as she does every Sunday, Natasha hummed and placed the book in front of Y/n. Y/n refused by turning her head away not looking at the book, Natasha was on her last nerve with Y/n and was going to get her to read.

"Come on" Natasha said standing up, Y/n sighed and took her mothers hand, following her upstairs, they went into Y/n's bedroom, Y/n had a little circle swing chair that was attached to the ceiling, Natasha lead her daughter over to it and sat down.

Natasha patted her lap, Y/n was quick to sit on Natasha's lap. Y/n snuggled into Natasha's chest and rubbed her nose, Natasha held her daughter for a little while before bringing the book back out, Y/n sighed pressed her face into Natasha's chest knowing what time it was.

"Mama, i don't want to read" Y/n said placing her hand over the words on the book, Natasha pulled Y/n's hand away and held it in hers as she read aloud to her daughter, as much as Y/n was trying to distract herself, she couldn't help but listen.

Slowly, Y/n started to mumble to words with Natasha. Natasha slowed down until she stopped speaking and Y/n was reading, she sat with a smile on her face and listened as she daughter read, she was helping Y/n with her tricky words and kissed her head and praised her when saying them.

"and the she said... i'm hungry!" Y/n whined, Natasha took a double look at the book as she was sure that wasn't what the next line was, she searched the page for it and ran her finger across the sentence her daughter read.

"Sweetheart, that's not what the book says" Natasha said obliviously, Y/n groaned and threw her head back against Natasha's chest and looked up at her backwards, Natasha smiled and booped Y/n's nose which only caused the girl to frown harder at her.

"No mama, i'm not reading. I'm hungry" Y/n said, Natasha hummed and stood up, she brought the book downstairs with her and left it on the island whilst she made something quick and easy to eat for both her and her daughter, she placed both sandwiches on the plate and slid it over to Y/n.

"Right, where's the book?" Natasha sighed tilting her head, narrowing her eyes towards her daughter. Y/n shrugged innocently and took a bite out of her sandwich, Natasha gave Y/n a look and the girl tried her hardest to not smile, luckily her sandwich was defending her from doing so.

After finishing their food, Natasha went over to her daughter in search for the book, when unable to find it, she started tickling her daughters body, the girl instantly screamed and started wriggling about on the stool, the book fell to the floor making Natasha gasp.

"You stinker, you were sitting on that book" Natasha said lifting her daughter into her arms and bringing her close to her chest, she kept her fingers wiggles which made her daughter scream and squeeze, Natasha pretended to drop Y/n to the floor making her scream, very loudly.

"Don't drop me mama" The 12 year old screamed wrapping her arms around her mothers neck, Natasha chuckled and bent down picking the book up, Y/n giggled into Natasha's neck as she got carried outside, Natasha took a seat in the hammock and pulled Y/n on top of her, she started reading again to her softly.

//