26| karaoke nights

(july)

Karaoke nights were definitely a big thing in the compound, they were everyone's favourite night, a night where they could forget everything around them about work and stress and just have a little bit of fun as adults, it had been a while since their last karaoke as everything has been super stressful.

Still, Tony found a night where everyone could do, that night being tonight, and it was Y/n's first karaoke night. Not that the young girl knew what that was, but she was excited as Natasha said that she could sing and dance so that was fine with her.

"Y/n, we have 2 hours, if that. Lets just get ready before we choose some songs" Natasha said drying her hair and coming out of the bathroom, Y/n trailing closely behind her. Y/n was one of those toddlers that followed their mother everywhere they went, but Natasha didn't care because she knew Y/n was safe with her.

"How about this, this is pretty huh" Natasha set out an outfit on the ground, only for it to be stomped on by Y/n's small feet, Natasha glared up at her daughter not very fond of the attitude she had.

"Alright enough of your attitude and help me pick you something to wear or else i'm putting you in pyjamas" Natasha said sternly, Y/n whined stomping her foot before falling onto her knees beside Natasha and looking at the set of drawers which held all her clothes.

"I wanna wear dress" Y/n pouted, her arms crossed over her chest angrily as she mumbled her words, Natasha's eyebrow perked up and with a slight roll of her eye she turned to face Y/n and put the clothes she'd taken out to show back in.

"Why didn't you tell me that, we could've gotten you a dress already" Natasha sighed standing to her feet, the reason for Natasha's moodiness, was work. Fury has spoken to her and it was time for her to start working again, as in mission working, which meant leaving Y/n behind in the compound.

"I did tell you, but you was pooping" Y/n said looking up at Natasha who was now standing and towering over the girl, with her big puppy eyes. Natasha broke out into a chuckle at Y/n's words, bending down and picking her daughter up and sitting her on her hip.

"Well then, i'm sorry mama needed the toilet" Natasha sassed back bringing Y/n over to her closet where all her dresses where hung up, Natasha opened the doors and Y/n instantly smiled. Natasha placed her daughter on the floor and watched as she wandered, standing on her tip toes and tugging at a dress.

Natasha took the dress down handing it over to Y/n who squealed and ran back off to her room, sitting on the bed and starting to undress her self, Natasha stood, amused against the bed post watching as Y/n struggled dearly trying to take her leggings off.

"Mommy help me please" Y/n pouted looking over at Natasha who smiled letting out a laugh and bending down in front of her daughter, sliding her leggings off. Then was her t-shirt and vest, Natasha slid the dress over Y/n's head and flattened out the bottom of the dress with her hands.

"Are you keeping your socks on sweetheart, remember it's a wooden floor and everyone else will be wearing shoes" Natasha warned, Y/n thought for a little bit wanting to keep her feet safe, but then again she didn't want to slip over.

"No mama, i might fall" Y/n said seriously holding only Natasha's shoulders, she smiled and nodded her head standing back up to her feet and holding her hand out for Y/n to take, obviously she did and walked along side Natasha back to her bedroom.

"Can you sit here whilst mommy gets herself ready" Natasha asked sitting her daughter down in the corner of her room where she keeps her toys, Y/n nodded her head sitting quietly and picking up a bear, getting their tea party set up.

It was when Natasha closed the bathroom door, Y/n realised Natasha wasn't in the room anymore. She instantly stood up to her feet and rushed to the bathroom door, crying her heart out and hitting the door as hard as she could screaming out her mama's name as loud as she could.