23| terrible twos

(april)

This is what Natasha had also feared since Y/n was born, the tantrums and the classic terrible twos saying, she was hoping that maybe Y/n would avoid it but it was definitely clear that she hadn't avoided it at all.

The reason for this melt down was a little chocolate that Y/n wasn't aloud to have, it was almost lunch time and Natasha didn't want Y/n to have it, she couldn't give in now because then Y/n wouldn't learn that a no is a no, instead Natasha left her to sit on the bottom step of stairs.

"I've told you no Y/n, when i say no that means it's not happening stop having a cry about it and wait for your lunch" Natasha said sternly using her finger to point at Y/n, who was sobbing kicking her feet underneath her, Natasha had never used time out, she didn't know if Y/n was maybe to young for it at the moment.

"Mama don't leave me here" Y/n whimpered clutching onto the finger that was pointed in her face, Natasha's heart broke because it's sounded just like Yelena's did, when Natasha left her in the red room.

Without saying any words, Natasha picked Y/n up and took her into the kitchen, sitting her in her highchair and going back to making the lunch that she was making before her daughter threw a tantrum over the chocolate, which was initially Tony's fault for bringing it up.

Natasha heated the last sausage roll and placed it on Y/n's plate, turning around and placing the plate on her tray, there was a side of beans so Natasha made sure to blow them then hand over a spoon to Y/n who sadly took it with a pout and scooped some onto it.

"Eat up babe" Natasha said softly kissing her girls head, Y/n looked up at her slowly, a tear slipping down her cheek and nodded her head putting her spoon down and picking up her sausage roll square, Natasha sat beside Y/n watching as she slowly chomped her way through her food, even offering Natasha a bite.

"No thank you princess" Natasha smiled sadly as Y/n sniffed wiping her nose giving Natasha a nod and eating it herself, after her food was finished Y/n was let down and ran off into the living room to go and play.

Natasha was a little bit taken back as usually Y/n would wait on Natasha then go into the living room to play, Natasha washed the dishes quickly and then made her way into the living room to check on her daughter.

"Y/n? Can you come to mama for a second please" Natasha asked kindly taking a seat on the sofa behind Y/n, Y/n shook her head and continued playing with the doll house, Steve shot Natasha a look of confusion as normally Natasha never had to ask and Y/n would be by her side.

"Y/n, i'm asking you to come over here" Natasha said with a bit of a more sterner tone, Y/n shook her head firmly again ignoring Natasha and playing on with her toys, Natasha let out a loud sigh turning her head to Steve who was staring her down.

"Hello? You've got three seconds" Natasha said with an even more stern tone which scared the young girl a little bit, even Steve was a bit intimidated by the voice she was using, Y/n waited a few seconds before slowly turning around to face her mother.

"Come here" Natasha said, Y/n frowned sadly at her mothers scary voice and slowly started making her way over to Natasha, Natasha leaned forward lifting her baby onto her lap, sitting her side ways so she could listen better and have a good view of Natasha.

"Tell me why mama is upset with you" Natasha said lifting Y/n's chin up with her fingers, Y/n looked into Natasha's eyes shifting around on her lap so her whole body was facing her and shew as kneeling on Natasha's knees she presses her finger on Natasha's bottom lip looking into her eyes again.

"Bad" Y/n whimpered tugging at the bottom of Natasha's lip, Natasha took Y/n's hands down and held them both in her own hands rubbing her thumb over her daughters knuckles then cupping Y/n's rosey cheeks in her hands holding them softly.

"You weren't bad honey, but you can't be throwing a fit when i say the word no" Natasha said, Y/n hiccuped feeling herself tear up again feeling like Natasha was going to shout at her again, Y/n sadly nodded her head wrapping her arms around the back of Natasha's neck and playing with her fingers.

"What are you going to do next time when mommy says no to you" Y/n ignores Natasha's words and keeps her hands around the back of her neck playing with her small fingers and the baby hairs at the back of Natasha's neck.

"Y/n i'm asking you a question" Natasha said pulling Y/n out of her chest and holding her face back in her hands, but her daughter kept ignoring her and continued with her fingers, Natasha sighed unwrapping Y/n's arms from around her neck and lifted her face back up to her.

"Y/n you've been naughty enough, what are you going to do next time mama says no to you" Y/n let out a frustrated whine hiding her face with her hands and hiding her face back in Natasha's chest, which wasn't what Natasha wanted for she pulled her back out.

"No" Y/n said angrily crossing her arms over her chest with a pout on her face, Natasha rolled her eyes lifting Y/n back off her lap and sitting her back down on the floor and walking out of the room and straight up to Wanda's room.

"She's annoying me now" Natasha said storming into Wanda's room and sitting on the bed, Wanda shot up out of fear at the fact Natasha just came in unexpectedly, she let out a small smile and crawled beside Natasha sitting next to her giving her a playful nudge.

"What's she done? Threw her cereal again? Tried to rip Thor's beard again or climbed on top of the Tv" Wanda giggled which made Natasha laugh when she remembered all those things that Y/n had done this week which proves how much of a trouble maker she actually was.

"She wanted a chocolate and i said no because it was lunch time and she started screaming and crying, hitting and kicking me" Natasha sniffles, her emotions getting the bed of her, she was more tired now, Y/n was putting up fights before bed now and it was tiring Natasha out.

"Hey it's alright Nat, i'll sit with Y/n downstairs for a while. You go have a nap honestly i've got her" Wanda says which relieves Natasha, she gives Wanda a tired nod thanking her over and over reaching for her and engulfing her body into a hug.

"You're like a little sister Wanda, you're always the person that i can count on" Natasha said wiping the tear off her cheek, Wanda smiled into Natasha's shoulder happy that Natasha felt the same way about her that she did, a big sister was what Wanda needed and a little sister right now, is what Natasha needed.

//
i love my favourite teacher so much