33| mama goes on a mission

(may)

This was the day that Natasha dreaded was going to come, after having to do paperwork after Y/n was born, it wasn't going to be long before her missions were going to start up again. She was going to take it slow, just by spending a night away from Y/n before the missions would get more intense and she would be away from a longer period of time.

She didn't even want to tell her daughter that she'd be away for the night and not back till the next day, but obviously she couldn't just leave her. She didn't know how Y/n was going to take it, wether she'd be okay with it and happy she was staying with her aunt Wanda, or wether she'd be absolutely heartbroken her mama was going.

After a long conversation with herself, she stood herself up and started to make her way downstairs to the living room where Y/n was playing with her toys happily with Bruce, she forced a cough making herself noticeable.

"Mama!" Y/n screeched standing up to her feet and sprinting over to her mother and crashing into her legs, wrapping her arms around her knees and pressing her face into her thighs, gripping them tightly.

"Hi baby" Natasha said with a shaky breath, just looking at how happy Y/n was right now just by Natasha walking into the room, she could tell that it wasn't going to be easy getting on this mission. She was leaving tonight, just an hour before Y/n's bedtime so she feared for what Wanda was up for.

"Mama look at my spaceship" Y/n said pointing behind her excitedly to the Lego spaceship that Bruce was finishing building, Natasha chuckled rubbing the top of Y/n's head and agreeing with her, before bending down and placing her hand on her daughters shoulder.

"Babe, mama needs to talk to you honey" Natasha sadly spoke, Bruce looked at her, clearly knowing what she was on about. He send her a sympathetic smile, nodding his head and walking out of the room to give the duo some space.

Natasha reached forward scooping Y/n off the floor and pulling her onto her lap, she let out a playful squeal kicking her legs while being put on her mothers lap. Natasha chuckled, sitting Y/n in a comfy position and pulled on her serious face.

"Y/n, you know how mama told you about her job and how she has to help the good people and defeat the bad people" Natasha started off, Y/n looked deeply into her eyes and gave her a firm nod, and a small smile, her small fingers clutching Natasha shirt.

"Well sweetheart, mommy has to go do her job tonight and you'll be staying here with Auntie Wanda until I come back tomorrow" Natasha said slowly, Y/n kept the smile on her face and Natasha feared that she didn't quite know what she meant and that she wasn't going to be here tonight and the morning of tomorrow.

"Okay mama" Y/n said nodding her head and sliding off Natasha's lap, Natasha expected her to go and play with her toys again on the floor, but Y/n ran straight out of the room, Natasha heard her climbing the stairs and chased after her.

"Baby, can you open the door please" Natasha knocked on Y/n's bedroom door, Y/n was rarely in here, only if she was playing with her toys, she also never shut doors so Natasha knew that something was wrong with her now.

"Darling mama wants to come in now please" Natasha said continuing to knock her fist on the door, she pushed down the door handle and the door swung open, she entered the room and looked in the corner where Y/n was sitting facing her back to Natasha.

Her heart instantly broke into a thousand pieces, she watched as her daughters shoulders started shaking, moving up and down, Y/n brung her knees up to her chest and hid her head in the middle of them, Natasha rushed over to her, lifting her into her arms and cradling her sideways.

"It's okay, it's gonna be so fast my love and you'll be with auntie Wanda the whole time and all your uncles will still be here, uncle Clint said that he'll play a fort with you if you wanted" Natasha spoke quickly in a panic, Y/n sat up on her knees facing Natasha now and wrapping her arms around her neck and sobbing into her neck.

"Mama no go, stay with Y/n" Y/n cried clinging onto her mother for dear life, Natasha doing the same back, wishing she didn't have to go on this mission but it was her job and she had to keep Y/n safe, so she done it.

"I'm sorry baby, it's gonna be okay, I'll be home tomorrow, and we can do whatever you want do" Natasha cried, it wasn't often Natasha cried, she cried a bit during pregnancy and when Y/n was a newborn and was tiring her out a bit but after that she never she'd tears.

"Promise?" Y/n small voice spoke, Natasha nodded her head taking a shaky breath and pushing Y/n's head deeper into her chest swaying her side to side on the ground, she placed may kisses to the side of her head.

"I promise my sweet girl, should we go auntie Wanda or do you wanna stay with me while I get ready" Natasha asked standing to her feet, of course Y/n chose to stay with her, it seemed a bit of a silly question when Natasha thought of it.

Natasha placed her baby on her bed, making sure she could see her while she went to wardrobe and searched out one of her new suits, she pulled it out and placed it on the bed behind her, she got her boots and weapons, putting them further away from Y/n.

"Do you wanna help" Natasha asked, Y/n giggled nodding her head, she loved helping Natasha change, it was as if she was a big girl and could help her with anything she wanted to, she crawled over to Natasha helping her pull the leg slot up her leg.

It wasn't much, but Y/n tried helping her from bed, pulling it up as much as she could, she even got to zip her zipper up all the way to the top. Natasha pulled her into her arms afterwards kissing the side of her head and rocking her side to side, Y/n giggled pressing her face in Natasha's clothed chest Natasha sat down on the bed finding a few minutes just to sit with her baby.

"See Wan Wan now" Y/n said with a yawn, she still had an hour until her bedtime, Natasha was due to leave any second so it was the best idea, Natasha rose to her feet and walked out the room and downstairs, she'd already told Wanda about what was going on, so she was hoping that she was prepared in case Y/n was upset.

"Hey hun" Natasha said walking into the kitchen where Wanda was finishing cleaning up the dishes from dinner time, she turned around giving Natasha a smile, then another smile, which was completely different to the one before, which was now more sympathetic, Natasha gave her the same smile back and nodded her head.

"Y/n, sweetheart" Natasha started, Y/n froze knowing that it was time for Natasha to go she started to wriggle about in Natasha's arm, making herself more upset, she was panicking and crying, trying her best to cling on to Natasha but it also seemed like she was trying to get out of her arms.

Natasha bent down placing Y/n on her feet and knelt on her knees coming eye level with her daughter, she placed her palms on her cheeks rubbing her thumb up and down as Y/n cried, she frowned lifting Y/n back into her arms when she held her arms out.

"It's going to be okay, I'll be back really fast" Natasha whispered into Y/n's hair, when she felt Y/n nod and stop crying, she carefully handed her over to Wanda, she expected another meltdown but she just sniffled and wiping her snotty nose with the back of her hand.

"I gotta go, thank you so much Wanda for doing this, Y/n I love you so much baby I'll be back soon, give mama a kiss" Natasha spoke quickly placing her hand on Wanda's shoulder then leaning forward and puckering her lips,

Y/n leaned forward in Wanda's arms and presses her tiny lips against Natasha's before pulling away and laying her head down on Wanda's shoulder again waving her tiny hand to her mother who hugged Wanda before rushing out the room, Y/n let out a hiccup and turned her head into Wanda's neck.

"Your mama will be back so fast dear" Wanda spoke up patting Y/n's back, she carried her back over to the sink, holding her with one arm as she flicked her wrist and the dishes started washing themselves, Y/n pulled her head in Wanda's neck, her eye all red and puffy, her cheek and nose soaking, but she let out a giggle at the sight, Wanda laughed along with her, swaying her hips as Y/n started to laugh harder, maybe it wasn't going to be so and after all.

//
i love online friends they actually make life so much better i can not, I LOVE 🩷