118| no voices

(october)

"Give me it mama" Y/n screamed at the top of her lungs, Natasha sighed throwing the bag of candy on top of the shelf, after trick or treating that night Y/n earned lots of candy, she was sneakily eating more than she should've after she was told not to.

"I told you no, i mean no" Natasha stated calmly, Y/n screamed again and tugged at her t-shirt. Natasha took her hands off of her and walked off, Y/n sobbed loudly as she followed her into the hallways, shoving her back and pushing her into the wall.

Natasha turned around angrily and took her daughter by the arm, she pulled her over to the bottom step which was just outside the living room where everyone could see her, everyone was tired and wanting to go to bed but Y/n's melt down was keeping them up.

"You do not, push me!" Natasha shouted, Y/n cried harder and stomped her feet off the floor, Natasha sighed standing up and
leaving Y/n where she was, Y/n screamed and cried for Natasha, running after her into the living room and clinging onto her legs tightly.

"Y/n, this is ridiculous, sit on this step" Natasha said strictly pulling Y/n out the living room and back to the step, Y/n sobbed shaking her head and hitting her arms in front of her, not directly at Natasha but in her direction which would occasionally hit her.

"You need to calm down Y/n, this behaviour over candy is completely unacceptable, you're 11 years old!" Natasha sternly spoke, Y/n sobbed more kicking her legs and falling back against the stairs, Natasha stood up one last time and left Y/n where she was, to have her meltdown and cry.

Y/n moved from the stairs to the floor and started rolling about, screaming and crying for Natasha, saying how she wanted her candy and wanted her mother, she ended up curled in the corner of the wall with her thumb in her mouth, almost dozing off to sleep.

"Have you calmed down?" Natasha asked coming in 20 minutes later when her daughters cries had finally died down, Y/n ignored her mother and kept her focus on the floor in front of her, Natasha knelt down in front of Y/n and placed her hand on her knee.

"Are you calm" Natasha asked again, Y/n continued to avoid eye contact and just kept staring down, Natasha kept by Y/n for a few more minutes but the girl kept quiet, Natasha sighed and lifted the girl into her arms, she wasn't bothered anymore and needed her to get to bed.

Sitting down on the sofa, Natasha cradled Y/n in her arms, the girl was hiccuping as she stared off into the distance, Natasha patted her bottom rhythmically and rocked her side to side slightly, yet the girl didn't seem tired, so with a sigh Natasha rose to her feet.

She made her way upstairs and to her own bedroom, she sat Y/n on the bed and started to undress her out of her halloween costume and into her comfy pyjamas, the girl didn't utter a peep and just stared, occasionally at Natasha and what she was doing or at the wall.

"All comfy" Natasha whispered and kissed the girls head as she tucked her into her bed, she then got her own pyjamas on and brushed her teeth before climbing into bed beside Y/n, the small girl kept still as Natasha wrapped an arm around her.

It wasn't usual that Y/n would be as stiff as a board at bedtime, she'd be wriggling about to get out the bed or she'd be deeply cuddling into Natasha but not this time, usually after meltdowns Y/n would find herself exhausted and just want her mothers comfort.

"Y/n honey, what's the matter" Natasha tried asking, Y/n turned over to face Natasha and closed her eyes silently telling Natasha she was going to sleep, Natasha let out a small sigh and threw her arm over Y/n and pulling her into her body, holding her tightly.

The pair fell asleep quickly and awoke the next day around midday, both clearly tired from the night before. When Natasha say up and stretched, Y/n woke up after her, Natasha sent her a sweet smile and ran her fingers through her messy morning bed hair.

"How are you feeling, love" Natasha asked, Y/n stared up at her silently before sitting up herself and rubbing her eyes, Natasha furrowed her eyebrows as her daughter ignored her question but shrugged it off and got out of bed, instead of having Y/n follow her, the girl wandered out the room.

Natasha came downstairs and found her daughter sitting on the sofa curled in the corner holding her bunny close to her chest, she sat next to her and pulled her over to her and stroked her head out her face and behind her shoulders, waiting for her to speak.

"What's up with Y/n?" Wanda asked as Natasha walked into the kitchen, Natasha shrugged and pulled a confused face making her way over to the toaster and placing a few slices of toast in for both her and Y/n, who would hopefully eat something this morning.

"She's not said a word since she was crying last night, she might just be exhausted but her eyes tell me she's wide awake" Natasha sighed spreading butter over the toast, Wanda looked at her with a sympathetic look, she finished making her own breakfast and turned on her heel to face Natasha.

"Maybe she's just feeling it, it was a big meltdown last night. She's not had one of those in a month or so, shes bound to be exhausted maybe not physically but mentally, she's probably shut herself down for the day" Wanda half hearted smiled, she felt for Y/n, it wasn't easy.

"Probably, thank you Wanda" Natasha smiled and then made her way into the living room, placing the plate on the coffee table and pulling it in, Natasha then pulled her daughter back into her side, rubbing her arm and holding up a dolce of toast.

Y/n ate her breakfast with no bother, her bunny was clutched tightly to her chest and she was curled into Natasha's side. The Tv wasn't on and Natasha couldn't exactly have a conversation with Y/n, so the room was silent for a few moments before Wanda came in.

"Hey honey, do you want to go and play with Billy and Tommy?" Wanda asked, Y/n fumbled around with her hands, flipping her bunny's ears and looking at her lap before nodding her head and slowly standing up, Wanda kissed her head and the adults watched her walk out the room.

Slowly, Y/n made her way to the playroom where she could hear Billy and Tommy playing, she cautiously entered the room and sat in the corner, she didn't really want to play with the boys, but she was tired and wanted to rest, so she curled in the corner again.

When Natasha came in to check on the kids, she instantly saw her daughter in the corner asleep chewing on the ear of her bunny, it made her smile but also frown, she bent down and lifted her girl up, instead of going back to the living room she took her upstairs.

She went into her room and placed her into her bed, she tucked her in tightly and pressed her lips against her forehead, she smiled stroking her cheek before turning around and walking off to go in the shower.

//

sad child