45| room transfer

(june)

For the past four years, Y/n was sleeping in either Natasha's room, or her bed. Natasha didn't mind at all but the older the girl grew, the more Natasha knew that she was going to have to sleep in her own bedroom, changing it from the baby nursery to a bedroom wasn't too difficult, all they had to do was remove the crib for the bed and that was that.

Natasha had spoken to Y/n about it but the girl thought she was joking as as the nights continued, she'd still be sleeping with her mother instead of on her own. Natasha had everything ready for the night, she had a night light for her, blankets and loads of stuffies.

She wasn't quite sure how Y/n was going to react to having actually sleeping in here, wether she'll settle down well or she'll still think that it's a joke and just come back into Natasha's bedroom.

Natasha dried her body off from her shower, slipping on some clothes and doing some skincare and brushing her teeth, she took everything slow and thought about how she was going to get Y/n to bed, it'd been a month since Natasha came back from her mission for the month and Y/n was still pretty clinging.

Making her way downstairs, she could hear her daughter laughing away like crazy as it sounded like someone was chasing her, probably Clint or Tony, but to Natasha's surprise it was Bruce, he'd been for some surgery on his leg recently so he was the last person Natasha would have thought would be running after Y/n.

"There's my mama!" Y/n said excitedly, picking up her speed and running over into Natasha's arms, Natasha let out a funny noise as she threw Y/n in the air and caught her again before giving her a hug.

"Have you been having fun?" Natasha asked, Y/n smiled and nodded her head, turning her head around to look for Bruce who was hobbling over to sit back down on the sofa with a sigh, Natasha chuckled slightly and made her way to the kitchen.

"What do you want before bed" Natasha asked placing Y/n on the counter and holding her knee while she boiled the kettle, Y/n was sat thinking for a few moment before just shrugging her shoulders at Natasha.

"Chocolate?" Y/n tried, Natasha raised an eyebrow at Y/n as she bored her hot water into her mug, which happened to be a picture of Y/n, Natasha brought to hot tea up to her mouth giving it a blow and taking a sip, all while holding eye contact with her daughter.

"You're not having chocolate, what about milk or juice, water maybe?" Natasha said licking her lips and placing her mug back down, lifting Y/n onto her hip and bringing her over to the fridge, Y/n sighed dropping her head on Natasha's shoulder, sad that she couldn't have chocolate.

"That" Y/n mumbled pointing to the milk in the fridge, Natasha nodded her head reaching forward and taking out the carton, walking back over to the counter and placing the milk and Y/n down, grabbing a sippy cup for Y/n and pouring her milk in.

"No, i wanna bottle" Y/n said turning around and reaching up into the cupboard for the bottle that was sat in there, she rarely used it anymore but Natasha kept it for the nights that Y/n would be really unsettled or for when she was sick.

"What about a sippy though, you love this one" Natasha said gently pulling the bottle out of Y/n's hands, she didn't want her becoming attached to her bottle especially now that she was four years old, but Y/n let out a whine and her eyes started to tear up and Natasha didn't want tears.

"Okay, okay. No tears for mama please, but you'll be having this for the next few nights" Natasha said pointing to Y/n's purple and pink sippy cup, Y/n sniffled nodding her head and wiping her ears with her arm, Natasha frowned leaning forward and placing a loving kiss to Y/n's little lips.

Natasha poured the milk out of the sippy cup into the bottle and placed it in the microwave for a minute, she moved Y/n from her hip onto her front and slowly started rocking her hips and pressing small kisses onto the girls nose.