114| a break was needed

(may)

Rough. That was the word Natasha was going to use to describe this past week, very rough. Every school morning was a nightmare, Y/n was putting up a massive fight with screaming, crying and kicking. She really didn't want to go to school, she would do everything to get out of it.

It was only a Thursday today as well, Natasha was weighing up her options last night in bed, she could either put up another fight this morning and get her daughter into school with crying and screaming and all of that stuff, or let her stay off.

That way, Y/n could rest until Monday, hopefully calm down enough to not have a meltdown Monday morning and Sunday night. Natasha fell asleep, letting Y/n stay off school, the break was very much needed and not just for Y/n but for Natasha as well who was also exhausted.

The girls slept in that morning, until 12pm. Natasha woke up and stretched her arms out, she turned her head when she heard breathing beside her, seeing her little girl in her bed beside her. She smiled and turned over onto her side and threw her arm over her waist.

After the suspension on Y/n's previous fight, school mornings and school times have been a lot worse, there are constant meltdowns and Natasha was picking Y/n up from school a lot more than she should have too, simply because Y/n wouldn't settle down or something would set her off.

"Mama?" Natasha turned her head slowly and saw her daughter slowly sitting up in bed, her hair was a bit crazy this morning and Natasha's pillows was now wet with drool, but Natasha laughed and rubbed the hair out of Y/n's eyes and kissed her nose.

"Good morning baby" Natasha said and then embraced Y/n in a tight hug, Y/n sighed and curled into her mothers warm body. Natasha rose to her feet and made her way into the bathroom, placing Y/n down, she grabbed a few towels and started the shower.

"Help me shower" Y/n mumbled and rubbed her eyes, Natasha looked Y/n mid brushing her teeth and looked at her sadly and shook her head before spitting into the sink, Y/n already whining from the side of her, pulling her t-shirt and begging her.

"You're a big girl now Y/n, and mommy needs to go and do stuff downstairs whilst you're in the shower" Natasha said brushing Y/n's hair behind her ears, Y/n whines and held Natasha's hand and tugged her towards the shower, when Natasha retaliated Y/n let out another whine and threw her hand down.

Her hands were soon pushing Natasha out of the bathroom and back into her room, slamming the bathroom door and locking the door, Natasha sighed and shook her head, getting changed and making her way downstairs to the kitchen where the tram was having breakfast.

"Bit late waking up" Tony teased, Natasha rolled her eyes and stole a peice of toast from his plate. Meanwhile upstairs, Y/n was very loudly getting into the shower trying to make as much noise as possible, yet Natasha's bathroom has sound proof walls installed so no noise was actually heard.

After realising Natasha wasn't coming up, she got on with her shower routine. She made sure to be quick, she took one glance around the bathroom and saw no clothes to change into, quickly Y/n ran out the bathroom and sped her way downstairs to where she could hear her mothers voice.

"Oh gosh! Y/n, where are your clothes?" Natasha gasped and rushed over to her daughter, Y/n smiled cheekily and held one hand over her towel and the other arm in the air indicating she wanted Natasha, Natasha smiled and took her hand leading her back upstairs.

"You didn't leave any clothes out for me mama, it's not my fault" Y/n giggled and tugged Natasha along, Natasha chuckled and shook her head and let her daughter sit on the bed whilst she picked out a pair of comfy clothes as Y/n spoke to herself.

"You have independence issues, you gotta start doing stuff yourself" Natasha teased coming out of Y/n's closet, a pout took over the happy expression on Y/n's face. Natasha's she's widens as she rushed over to her daughter, but she wasn't quick enough to stop the tears.

"Oh honey, i didn't mean to make you cry" Natasha panicked and sat next to her daughter and pulled her into her side, Y/n cried into her hands, being a sensitive and... unique kid, it was hard for Natasha to say something in a teasing way without her crying.

"Mommy i am independent!" Y/n wailed and tugged Natasha's shirt, Natasha nodded her head and ran her fingers through her daughters hair apologising for her words, her girl moved onto her mothers lap and buried her head into her chest, wrapping her hand around her mothers arm tightly.

"I know you're independently honey, i've seen you my love. Mommy didn't mean to be so mean, i was just trying to tease you because you could've got yourself ready" Natasha smiled and rubbed her daughters sides and gave her a gentle kiss to her head and stroked her cheek.

"I couldn't have, i needed your help" Y/n spoke, Natasha chuckled and nodded her head. She ended up helping Y/n change into her clothes to avoid anything other issues, then proceeded to make her way all the way back downstairs after for some breakfast that could fill Y/n's stomach.

"Mama can you hold me please?" Y/n asked running over to Natasha and raising her arms, Natasha leaned down and lifted her daughter onto her hip and went back over to the table sitting down and telling her to eat up, Y/n was heavily distracted by everyone coming in the room.

So, after an hour Y/n was able to finish 1 slice of toast which was cut into 4 squares, which was ridiculous but the girl was too easily distracted. Natasha set her on the floor and she ran off to go and play with her uncles.

The older woman took a seat in the living room beside Steve, both adults watching the eleven year old. Both were thinking similar things, Natasha could sense what Steve was thinking as was just waiting on him to speak up on it to start off the conversation.

"She's not like other children" Natasha finally said, the girl was running about giggling chasing after Tony who was pretending to run away from her, Steve smiled and shrugged his shoulders, he enjoyed watching Y/n play around all happy, it was better than when she was having her meltdowns frequently.

//