I Remember Years Ago.....

"I won't ever leave you, even though you're always leaving me." —Audrey Niffenegger 

Four Years Back

When Yoongi was in his final year in college. He is hobbling around the hallways since he hurt his ankle while playing basketball. Yoongi is limping when Taehyung noticed him and sprinted over to help.

"Yoongi, I will help you. Hop on my back now, please. I'll take you to the campus nurse." Kneeling in front of Yoongi, Taehyung spoke.

Yoongi hesitated a little before jumping on his back and being carried to the nurse by Taehyung while hearing him ask, "How did you get hurt?"

Yoongi said to Taehyung as he was being carried to the nurse, "I got hurt while playing basketball."

"Oh, you should be careful when playing", Taehyung said, firmly grasping Yoongi on his thighs to prevent him from falling. They arrived at the campus nurse after a few ten minutes, and Taehyung led him inside.

Hello, Tae. Ji-Ho questioned Taehyung, "What happened to him?" who made Yoongi sleep on the bed

Yoongi is a friend of mine. While playing basketball he hurt his ankle noona, Taehyung added, startling Yoongi by referring to him as a friend.

"Oh, Tae, it's nothing major, everything will be fine." Ji-Ho saw Yoongi's painfully writhing ankle. Yoongi began to relax a little as Ji-Ho continued to apply the ice pack to his ankle.

Taehyung remarked and hurried to his class because he was already late, "Ok Yoongi take care. I will come to see you after my class."

Yoongi felt bad about how Taehyung was treated unfairly by everyone since he seemed like a kind person. Even though there were numerous students strolling through the halls, they didn't assist him when they noticed him limping. But despite the fact that Yoongi's friends had called him names and called him out for being a nerd, Taehyung still helped him. He now realized that, even if you have many friends, the true friend is the one who will stick by you when you're in need, and that everyone else in this college simply cares about their reputation and their wealth. He is one of those people who should act like he is that way even if he doesn't even care about wealth.

Following Taehyung's departure, Jin, Bogum, and Yeob visited Yoongi after learning from a friend that Yoongi had hurt his ankle while playing.

Concerned about his closest friend, Jin questioned Yoongi, "Yoongi, are you still in pain?".

"I'm fine guys. Don't worry, Yoongi reassured, tenderly tousling Jin's hair.

Why did you not call? Yoongi, who rolled his eyes, was asked by Yeob.

Yoongi replied while sipping the coffee Jin gave him, "It's just a little sprain Yeob." Yoongi noticed Taehyung waiting in the doorway, but he left once he realized that his friends were there too. Yoongi wanted to stop him, but Taehyung had already left.

Yoongi witnessed Minho's brother physically assaulted Taehyung on the way to go to the music room. He observed it while hiding behind a pillar. But he had no choice but to remain silent because Choi's and his parents are close friends and business partners. And if he hurt Minho's brother, the latter will report to his parents, who would reprimand him and prevent him from going to his studio, where he finds solace in making music. 

At Present

When Yoongi returned home, he was unable to sleep due to what Jimin had told him about Taehyung when Jungkook was in Jimin's room. When Jimin shared with him about Taehyung's parents, he thought that even though the boy had been through a lot since he was a little child, he had always been compassionate and nice to others, something Yoongi began to appreciate in Taehyung.  He truly feels remorse for what he and his classmates, especially Jin, did to Taehyung while they were in college. Unknowingly breaking down in tears, Yoongi felt bad for not standing up for Taehyung when he was attacked by Minho's brother since he had no idea when he had become into such a horrible person who hurt others. 

Taehyung woke up the following morning to the sound of his phone ringing. He knew it is his secretary Sehun from the caller ID.

"Good morning, Mr. Kim. Do you remember that you have a flight to Texas leaving at 1:00 PM? Taehyung quickly got out of bed and noticed that it was 11.00.

"I appreciate you telling me, Sehun. Taehyung terminated the conversation by saying, "Let's meet at the airport. He glanced around and saw that he was in Jimin's room. He just remembered going to the bar the night before and seeing Jungkook; he had no further memories. He drank too much yesterday, and now he has a terrible headache. Jimin was waiting for Taehyung to get up so he could get to work when he stepped outdoors. He requested Yoongi's permission to be a few hours late.

"How are you feeling, Tae? Given how much you drank yesterday, I cooked you a hangover soup since I knew you would feel awful today." Jimin remarked, handing Taehyung a bowl of soup.

"I apologize, Jiminie. Taehyung responded, grabbing his coat off the couch and saying, "I have a flight to catch.

Jimin questioned Taehyung as he is feeding soup, "Where are you going?"

"I'm travelling to Texas for business. After making his way to his car, Taehyung announced, "I'll be back in a week, Jimin. 

"We left your car at the bar yesterday, so I brought it this morning." Jimin remarked and handed Taehyung the car keys.

When Taehyung got in his car and started driving away, Jimin waved and said, "Have a safe trip Tae.

When Taehyung arrived at his house, he unlocked the door and noticed Jin was not there. He began getting dressed, thinking that perhaps Jin had gone to work. Along with taking headache medicine, he began packing his suitcase. When he was done packing, he looked at the clock and realized it was 12:00. He then booked a cab to the airport. Sehun was waiting for him when he arrived at the airport, and they sat down together because they still had a half-hour until their departure. Taehyung intended to contact Jin to let him know about his trip, but he remembered what Jin had said to him the day before, so he decided not to call so as not to bother Jin.